Rubbers worn pattern for forehand and backhand, is it typical?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Recently I replaced rubbers and I see worn pattern. I just interested if we can say something regarding player technic based on this pattern? Is this patter typical for different players? Do you know some investigations about this?

NOTE: Red is forehand, and black - backhand (I've applied some filters to see pattern better)

FOREHAND_LOW_Q.jpg

Backhand_LOW_Q.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Interesting to use filter

Yes, patterns can tell how you play.
Higher level offensive players, the grouping will be more together.

Looking at your red rubber, there are some groups very near your rubber logo. That part is very near your fingers...so I'm interested to hear what happen there

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
Recently I replaced rubbers and I see worn pattern. I just interested if we can say something regarding player technic based on this pattern? Is this patter typical for different players? Do you know some investigations about this?

NOTE: Red is forehand, and black - backhand (I've applied some filters to see pattern better)

View attachment 24209

View attachment 24210
Hi vologa
Those are well worn for certain
The pattern is caused by brushing strokes which pull the pips sideways which cause the pips to break off where they attach to the sheet
If. Separated the sponge a lot of pips would fall off

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Hi vologa
Those are well worn for certain
The pattern is caused by brushing strokes which pull the pips sideways which cause the pips to break off where they attach to the sheet
If. Separated the sponge a lot of pips would fall off
thanks for explanation, good to know

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
And this is answer from ChatGPT3, It's surprise that it knows about this topic something
1674852766721.png

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
The pattern is too broad, especially on the forehand, for a very good player - my wear patterns are similar, but I find that my backhand wear pattern is better and more high level than my forehand wear pattern, which I am trying to improve by catching the rubber more and more in the sweet spot. For the strokes that wear the rubber, most of your wear should be closer to the sweet spot and *not* the center of your paddle.