Saudi Smash 2024

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 7 reviews
Another point regarding Bobrow. I like his YT channel but saying this as a huge Timo fan myself, I feel he hypes Timo up too much. During the warmup Qiu vs Bobrow, he kept talking about what Timo told him, his various achievements etc. etc. and nothing about Dang Qiu. Even during the match, there was no analysis about what Dang Qiu was doing to shut down Timo's countering game.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
That's a good point that we were all talking about on that day when CNT women were fallen to pips. Specific preparation for the perceived top threats plays a huge role in this whole situation. This tends to make the wins and close losses by the perceived foreign 'ace' a bit more impressive and reasonable.
Very much so, when you beat Chinese national team players at big events, you are truly defeating a machine and should get credit for even trying or coming close, not insults given the magnitude of the task.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Another point regarding Bobrow. I like his YT channel but saying this as a huge Timo fan myself, I feel he hypes Timo up too much. During the warmup Qiu vs Bobrow, he kept talking about what Timo told him, his various achievements etc. etc. and nothing about Dang Qiu. Even during the match, there was no analysis about what Dang Qiu was doing to shut down Timo's countering game.
Timo has more fans than Dang. It is like telling stories about Taylor Swift during during NFL games though not quite the same thing. But obviously, no single commentary will work for everyone.

Reactions: jbvttcc and JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Very much so, when you beat Chinese national team players at big events, you are truly defeating a machine and should get credit for even trying or coming close, not insults given the magnitude of the task.
I think this match and how CM beat Miwa 3-0 in their WTT Champions Incheon match (which was 1 month after Miwa's admirable attempt at beating CM at World Teams Championship) helps put into context how well Hayata played to beat CM at World Teams. Of course, you know who would never acknowledge that.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
FZD out too
CNT is getting more and more brittle as the packed events continues
maybe ITTF/WTT scheduling is just too packed for the aging CNT

in history, they would be going into a 40 day close training very soon,
but now, they are still busy with tournanaments
It gives other countries hope so it is good for the sport!

Seriously, Fan Zhendong is now Humpty Dumpty, we will see whether all China's team's coaches, therapists and men can put him back together again.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Patrick saved two sure match points for Fan! Incredible game!
I got the impression that Patrick at that moment was in super concentration mode, when he see everything as if in slow motion, but move easily and quickly.
Franziska is like long pips, the higher the level of the opponent, the more effective his shots become when they land lol.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
How's Fransizka not going to the Olympics?
Because Germany is not trying to beat China, Germany is trying to medal in Teams, and against the teams that are causing Germany trouble, Timo is a more reliable player than Franziska. The simplest example is Franziska losing to Kao Cheng Jui at the WTTC in Busan. That should not have happened. I think that was what made Rosskopf pick Timo and make Franziska a reserve, which they can of course change if they just make Timo injured and replace him with Franziska.

For Germany, medalling vs not medalling affects their government budget allocation to TT, so they don't treat it trivially.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
He has to Shake It Off, or it will be a Cruel Summer. I had to go there. Sorry. It's out of my system now.
Hehe. FZD is clearly staying up late listening to her new album. Needs to get to bed on time and do more training.
False hope in Ovtcharov.
I'd take Patrick over Dima to Olympics any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Dima isn't the same player since his injuries.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Was Noshad complaining about the serve being let and no one other than him saw it?

False hope in Ovtcharov.
Dima is the higher ranked player and more reliable at similar events (though if we follow the trends of our small sample, he is due for a quarterfinal spot with no medal in singles and a bronze medal in Teams).

This user has no status.

Yeah, he definitely has been the better player for a long time. They are counting on Ovtcharov stepping up for the big moments, but that's a gamble when you look at the past year.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Hehe. FZD is clearly staying up late listening to her new album. Needs to get to bed on time and do more training.

You seem to forget trivially all the things that Dima has done under pressure and all the losing that Franziska has done under similar pressures. Dima may not be the same player but he thrives under pressure and brings out his very best performance when the stakes are high. Again, why did Franziska lose to Kao in Busan?

Reactions: jbvttcc
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Yeah, he definitely has been the better player for a long time. They are counting on Ovtcharov stepping up for the big moments, but that's a gamble when you look at the past year.
Is it really? Does Ovtcharov lose to players who are clearly worse than him? And if/when he does, does he lose without a close match?

Reactions: jbvttcc