Saudi Smash 2024

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Since the top 5 seeds are Chinese and the 6th would be from Taiwan, he would still be seeded top 4 at the Olympics for example and likely get a top seed in QF at the WTTC in either spot 5 or spot 7. I suspect that removing 500 points is not entirely fair to him, it is probably more realistic to replace it with 175 or a semi-final spot, but I will leave that aside for now.

So no, the drop is not large, it is clear the boy is playing special and it is not driven by continental points.
well, Asians will know the pressure - since juniors days aka, forever.
I guess this is just too difficult to understand if you haven't really gone through it.

Felix no doubt is playing well. I would have loved if Taiwan is of another continent and not Asia....

PS., Asia is separated even further, we in East Asia, which includes China, Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, North Korea, Hong Kong.... lol
Felix will never know what that feels like.
the Europe depth is just so little compared to Asia.

as we know it, draws, you rather have a German or Swedish players than Chinese in the earlier rounds.
This is the same for every country, including Japan

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
It's interesting you chose to ignore the first link. If Mittelham had this to say, it begs the question...

Regardless, the issue surrounding the lineup is more than just that and Franziska never stood a chance from start to end.
https://forum.tt-news.de/showpost.php?p=3608589&postcount=141
https://forum.tt-news.de/showpost.php?p=3608672&postcount=156
You know, @zeio. Since you left almost all my questions on this forum unanswered, I can ignore any of your links without a twinge of conscience. It will be fair.

• Haha
Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
WS QF
WYD 3-1 -> 4-3 Ito (5, 8, -7, 10, -9, -6, 8)
G4 710, 1210
G7 31, 34 TO for WYD, 36, 96, 98, 118

You know the drill.

• Haha
Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
WS QF
G4 710, 1210

You know the drill.
Nah, the drill was 4-0. This was much more fun as a story, even if the ending was the same.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
I am all for the keep play continuous, but multiple times during the Lebruns vs. Togami/Shinozuka the Lebruns were not waiting for the Japanese to finish or just finished their signals. I believe it was 1-0,6-6 that the umpire had to stop the French players because it was getting too brazen and an argument ensued with the French coach. It's common courtesy especially in doubles to check that the other pair are finished with their signals. I did not see any excessive delay from the Japanese. There's got to be a happy medium between continuous play and time for giving signals.
Context:

Reactions: Vlad Celler
Jan 2018
JSH to KTTA: Send us more ginseng!

• Haha
Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Jang Woojin backhand has improved a lot. But still, this is a high wire act. I wouldn't be surprised if this goes 7 or we see a massive turnaround at some point because keeping up this level of effort for a best of 7 is more challenging.
Amazing energy levels and great backhand play. But he managed to put his strength against his opponent's strength and win - amazing stuff. That he managed to pivot and put so much pressure that Felix couldn't switch is just amazing.

This user has no status.
WS QF
G4 710, 1210

You know the drill.
at 63 in G7 Mima missed a rather "easy" smash down the line while WYD was far from the ball.
(not so easy ball and risky to play it down the line, but she was playing so well at the time and made this shot so many times before...)

when she missed it, i could sense immediately that it could kill her momentum and push her "out of the zone"
alas i was correct.

strange how in TT just 1 point can change the whole match