Saudi Smash 2024

says ESN 42 hardness is my magic number
says ESN 42 hardness is my magic number
Mar 2021
In the 90's travelling in China, staying in the hotel, eating her food offering, you know you are in China. The food offering / spread, even in so called five star hotel is very Chinese affair, with the usual dim-sum, dumplings and its regional variation.

Just like in the earlier times, TT tourney is like that, you know before hand the SF will be all dim-sum and dumplings and nothing else. Not much of a variety, except some regional variantion.

Fast forward to the present, nowadays when you do travel to China and you do stay in the five star hotel, you still get the usual dim-sum, dumplings and its regional variation but, but there is now greater variety of international cuisine such as Korean BBQ, kimchi, Brawurst, Bierwurst, Regenburger wurst, croissant, tartare, eclair, brioche, mille.... you get my drift.

Fast forward to the present, nowadays when you do follow the WTT big events, it is more fun these days, you are like opening up a box of chocolate, that is, you'll never know what you will get inside.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
I think Ito played really well. First time in a long time I've seen her outrally a chinese player on backhand exchanges. Considering that she was leading 10-7 in the third, she acutually suppressed Wang Yidi in five out seven games. Just didn't take her chances. Also quarterfinals in two smash events this year is not too shabby especially for a non-CNT player.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Well, we know what happened when you supported someone to win. CM will go all out tomorrow to win her single spot for the Olympics. See whether Hayata can resist the fire.
What happened when I "supported someone to win"? They won? They lost? They ended up in hospital?

I wanted CM vs Batra - I get CM vs Hayata - not as tasty since Hayata didn't beat Wang Manyu but still delicious.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
In the 90's travelling in China, staying in the hotel, eating her food offering, you know you are in China. The food offering / spread, even in so called five star hotel is very Chinese affair, with the usual dim-sum, dumplings and its regional variation.

Just like in the earlier times, TT tourney is like that, you know before hand the SF will be all dim-sum and dumplings and nothing else. Not much of a variety, except some regional variantion.

Fast forward to the present, nowadays when you do travel to China and you do stay in the five star hotel, you still get the usual dim-sum, dumplings and its regional variation but, but there is now greater variety of international cuisine such as Korean BBQ, kimchi, Brawurst, Bierwurst, Regenburger wurst, croissant, tartare, eclair, brioche, mille.... you get my drift.

Fast forward to the present, nowadays when you do follow the WTT big events, it is more fun these days, you are like opening up a box of chocolate, that is, you'll never know what you will get inside.
Although I have never been to a Chinese hotel, I fully agree regarding the quality of modern tournaments. This tournament is absolutely amazing. Two non-Chinese players reached the semifinals, whom no one could have thought of. In addition, we are guaranteed to have a final match between a Chinese player and a non-Chinese player, just like in the good old days. What is this but a box of chocolate?

Reactions: TampaBayTableTennis
This user has no status.
Live stream, but no stream of the match. Just FB and his friends talk about the match
The live stream in Migu has the stream of the match, that’s why I pointed it out this platform owned the broadcasting right.
IMG_6177.jpeg

the stream in Tiktok, indeed, cannot show the match because of the broadcasting right, he only shows the scoreboard to help the audiences to be aligned.

IMG_6178.jpeg

It’s not only watching the match with his friends, it’s a commercial activity; Fang Bo’s studio needs to promote his product in each break during the match. He has earned quite a big commercial success, to be honest, much better performance than Xuperman….and has been the top internet celebrity in TT social media here.

Reactions: kindof99
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
The live stream in Migu has the stream of the match, that’s why I pointed it out this platform owned the broadcasting right.
View attachment 29742

the stream in Tiktok, indeed, cannot show the match because of the broadcasting right, he only shows the scoreboard to help the audiences to be aligned.

View attachment 29743

It’s not only watching the match with his friends, it’s a commercial activity; Fang Bo’s studio needs to promote his product in each break during the match. He has earned quite a big commercial success, to be honest, much better performance than Xuperman….and has been the top internet celebrity in TT social media here.
QSB deserves making all the money for the free coaching. I have never learned so much from any other sources before.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
CM or WMY?
Hirano: CM
Harimoto: CM
Hayata:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
So inspiring to see two brilliant players grasping the opportunity of playing together. At last we saw some top application from the Chinese here, with both WCQ and ML excelling. Perhaps we will see ML in this doubles role kicking off for the Chinese Men's team in Paris. Of course we shouldn't forget the Ladies, with some top motivation there too, from CM especially, also with incredible consistency from SYS. Let's see now what LSD can do - the player rather than the drug!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Anyone know with certainty that this means CM takes the singles spot? You never know. China could change the rules and say we've retroactively decided that CM's loss at World Teams is worse than WMY's loss to Batra here.
I think it does, the 3000 point penalty for losing to a foreigner is too much to overcome.

After beating the opponent who beat her at the Teams 4-0? I get rule changes and coach selection flexibility but that is a bit too much. Chen Meng has to be injured - Wang Manyu just had bad luck and life is like that - she is still young enough and good enough for 2028.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Anyone know with certainty that this means CM takes the singles spot? You never know. China could change the rules and say we've retroactively decided that CM's loss at World Teams is worse than WMY's loss to Batra here.
CM has just wiped out the entire JNT OG team single handedly, losing only one game. What has WMY done? (OG happening in 77 days).

Jan 2018
CM has just wiped out the entire JNT OG team single handedly, losing only one game. What has WMY done? (OG happening in 77 days).
WMY: I saved MLin's ass.

She is the only core CNT player with 0 losses (but also with the least encounters) against JNT players in the Paris 2024 cycle.

IND is now the other team to have defeated ALL core CNT players in singles and doubles in the Paris 2024 cycle. Therefore, Ito was right about JPN not doing enough compared to other teams. And if CXT is counted, then even JPN pales in comparison.

Last edited: