Share your Racket's Photo

This user has no status.
Just a question, how can you get this clean rubber cut?! What have you used to make it?!
Hey Lucas, thanks for the question. Like i said in the other thread the old rubbers were removed by some professionals because i didn't really feel good enough to do the job. Here is the thread:
http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/f...nion-on-an-old-Stiga-Offensive-Classic-(1988)

If you want to know who did it, it's the guys at Contra (thank you Vincent!), that did an awesome job in also sealing the blade.

But back in the days i can tell you that the first time i've seen the rubbers applied they were first cut with scissors, then given another pass with a cutter and at the end they even used a rotative abrasive wheel. I think with some practice you might be able to use a hard plane with some patience.

Your beauty looks totally stunning in that new dress.
Let's see the performance! Need to also buy sponge and cleaning stuff as well, a dress needs to be mantained clean and well ironed, no? :D

Reactions: Suga D
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Need to also buy sponge and cleaning stuff as well, a dress needs to be mantained clean and well ironed, no? :D

A regular sponge with water will work. A small amount of water put on your hand and then your hand wiping the rubbers will also work. You don't need something special to clean the rubber.

says Hi I'm new here I would love to be kept up to date about...
says Hi I'm new here I would love to be kept up to date about...
Nov 2014
Read 4 reviews
My most dominant combination I would say. I have been changing my combo for loads of times before then...XD Planning to change my blade to Waldner Senso Ultra Carbon. JOW is my favourite of my favourites I must say...! Paul Drinkhall is one with solid touch to his strokes so I like his style of play. I LOVE carbon blades so... I wish there could be something like 'Drinkhall Waldner ALC'... that would be awesome!
14199499_705272276288878_3793586792397712037_n.jpg

Hey Lucas, thanks for the question. Like i said in the other thread the old rubbers were removed by some professionals because i didn't really feel good enough to do the job. Here is the thread:
http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/f...nion-on-an-old-Stiga-Offensive-Classic-(1988)

If you want to know who did it, it's the guys at Contra (thank you Vincent!), that did an awesome job in also sealing the blade.

But back in the days i can tell you that the first time i've seen the rubbers applied they were first cut with scissors, then given another pass with a cutter and at the end they even used a rotative abrasive wheel. I think with some practice you might be able to use a hard plane with some patience.

Ohh, I remember reading that in the other topic! Sorry buddy!

But anyway, thank you for the tips!!

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Let's see the performance! Need to also buy sponge and cleaning stuff as well, a dress needs to be mantained clean and well ironed, no? :D

Not a bad idea.

I always use rubber cleaner and put plastic covers on my rubbers and my rubbers actually last longer than the rubbers of those in my club who don't do it.

When some of my teammates tear off their rubbers after 3 - 4 months, mine usually last up to 6 to 9 months.

So if you can spend 30£ on a rubber it makes somewhat sense in my book to spend another 3£ on some maintenance tools IMHO. Since I don't have a money-shitter at home, it seems more economic to me.

;)

Some people even use their sweat (!!!) to 'clean' their rubbers and have the heart to be surprised that their rubber's dead after 8 - 10 weeks...

But everyone's different.

A regular sponge with water will work. A small amount of water put on your hand and then your hand wiping the rubbers will also work. You don't need something special to clean the rubber.

Well as I said before:
everyone has his preferences...

What do you use? Evian, perrier??? Hopefully distilled water and not plain tap water.
Over here our tap water holds a lot of calcium and other stuff coming from lead or copper pipe. I don't want that on my rubber, and maybe you shouldn't either.
From what I know, the tap water in the states is even much worse than ours, with added chlorin and a few other things I don't want on my rubbers.

But everyone's different...
[Emoji12]

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
I use rubber cleaner and sponge, used to use water and hand. I also use protective sheets, and a case.

I take my rubber off and reglue every 2-4 WEEKS. The rubber I take off, I boost back to superior life again.

Some players are comfortable with their rubbers for longer amounts of time than others. I'm a more extreme example of someone who hates rubber that's too worn. I can play with worn rubber just as well, I just prefer the feeling of the newer one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
Thank you very much.What do you think about it?

I think it was smart of you to buy a used racket to save money. Especially since you're just starting and your style will most likely be changing over time. I also think it's a good paddle because you can do anything you'd like with it, the rubbers aren't too expensive so when you want to replace them it won't be too much.

I am a bit confused why it says you use different equipment than what the picture of your paddle is.

Reactions: OldschoolPenholder
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Reposting from the Daily TT Chit Chat thread ... LOL at me ... it doesn't work for me :(

SHHHH! this is a secret! don't let Carl know! Need to counter his magic wands when next we are able to hook up.

cache.php

Simplified Chinese characters with Pinyin transliteration: literally translates to something like "100 tries, 100 hits" and taken to mean "Never miss."

Wrote it on with a sharpie marker...

Got the idea from Filipino Martial Arts - where the warriors defending their homeland against invaders, as well as death matches vs each other - they used 'anting anting' (a type of magic charm, like a rabbit's foot or horseshoe, sometimes it's a physical item, sometimes it's an inscription... one of the most famous Filipino martial arts masters, Antonio Ilustrisimo, never lost a death match... had his anting anting tattooed on his chest... he believed that was why he never lost a death match... also he was highly skilled.

It helped last night vs the club player with illegal serves... he kept serving heavy sidespin to my forehand and i was able to 2nd ball loop more than i would've in the past. LOL at me!!!

For the record... this is the back of the handle... started filing it down a little... not as grooved as i would like... that avalox logo is in the way slightly ... my old racket's handle was well-grooved and facilitated my transitions from FH to BH

cache.php

LOLOLOL at this post and at me!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Dear TTD community. I actually didn't want to be a show off, but this I must share with you.
Today a dream came true.

Finally I found this lovely 3ply hinoki all wood blade and it just plays like a dream. So much dwell time, almost like the ball gets magnetized by the blade... it almost feels like catching the ball and throwing it back after a while.
:D
I used to have the same blade 30 years ago.

Unfortunately today I just could play 2 hours with it. Just can't wait to continue playing.
[Emoji12]

I'm pretty tempted to make this my main instrument.

IMG_20160929_212446.jpg
IMG_20160929_212515.jpg
IMG_20160929_212536.jpg

It's got a couple of small Dings but they don't bother me.
Those are just a few battle scars.
[Emoji3]

IMG_20160929_213654.jpg
IMG_20160929_233821.jpg
IMG_20160929_233839.jpg
IMG_20160929_233931.jpg

I've never thaught anything could come close to my NSO or my americanhinoki but now they have a new rival.
[Emoji2]
It's a looper's paradise. A spinner's heaven.

IMG_20160929_234046.jpg

I hope I'll be able to catch some sleep 2nite...
[Emoji2]

Last edited: