Shoes with good floor contact?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
I am looking for new shoes. Tried Stiga Liner 3 and Mizuno wave drive 8. Sold both as they did not feel comfortable. Too stiff and clumsy and did not sense the contact with the floor. So now I'm using my adidas adizeros as they feel better and lighter, but the grip is not good and the lateral support is weak.

Does flexible and light table tennis shoes exist?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
I've tried both liner 2 (should be similar) and wave drive 8. I'm guessing you like softer insoles since you say they are stiff.

If it's the upper that's stiff then you're lookibg for a more mesh filled upper.
Most tt shoes, volleyball, badminton don't have that as they provide support through the leather.

I really can't think of shoes that are more low riding than the wave drives.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
I am looking for new shoes. Tried Stiga Liner 3 and Mizuno wave drive 8. Sold both as they did not feel comfortable. Too stiff and clumsy and did not sense the contact with the floor. So now I'm using my adidas adizeros as they feel better and lighter, but the grip is not good and the lateral support is weak.

Does flexible and light table tennis shoes exist?
butterfly series?

says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews
I guess low soles shoes with help. they are also very cheap, I have this one from Decathlon, I can feel the floor like barefoot ! no kidding

p1575943.jpg

Reactions: rbtitco
This user has no status.
I've been with the Mizuno Wave Medal series with BOA system (now SP4) since they came out and so happy with it.
they feel like slippers.

my last pair lasted only a bit more than one year, the sole wore out. bought immediately a new one. IIRC its my 4th one

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
I've tried both liner 2 (should be similar) and wave drive 8. I'm guessing you like softer insoles since you say they are stiff.

If it's the upper that's stiff then you're lookibg for a more mesh filled upper.
Most tt shoes, volleyball, badminton don't have that as they provide support through the leather.

I really can't think of shoes that are more low riding than the wave drives.
You"re correct. Low, soft, thin and flexible is what I want.

This user has no status.
i am using this all round entry shoes from Yonex, i feel it is super grip that some time make my upper body go with momemtum but the feet doesn't move a bit. I play on Ceramic tiles.