Softer rubber or hurricane?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
i'll come back after a month or so! :) I wonder if it is good, i mean €15 isn't a lot for a rubber! Need some practice to adapt to sticky rubbers. Should i put it on viscaria or my spare Fextra 7? :)

I tried Jupiter 3 38d on my Fextra and it was blazing fast for FH. It had too much bounce and I ended up shelfing it after just one session. It didn't even occur to me to just flip the blade around and try it out on my BH.

If you do give it a go on your Fextra's BH, please report back with your findings.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
I tried Jupiter 3 38d on my Fextra and it was blazing fast for FH. It had too much bounce and I ended up shelfing it after just one session. It didn't even occur to me to just flip the blade around and try it out on my BH.

If you do give it a go on your Fextra's BH, please report back with your findings.
I will play with it for a month and see what the results are! I'll make a nice review! Perhaps a video even of me playing with it haha

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
What blade did you put Jupiter 3 on? i mean i did buy 37 Asia version so it'll be more bouncy and softer i think
I play with homemade blades, which I already have about 10 pieces, I sold all my factory blades, as they have less control. Also note that sponge 39 reinforced with two layers of seamun will be as soft as 37-38, but much faster ...
It's not about the blade, but about the departure angles, speed and control of the rubber itself. For my taste the Jupiter 3 on the forehand is very, very good, but on the backhand I like rubber with a higher angle, more speed and less sensitivity to incoming rotation.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I would suggest you try H3 neo. It is not that expensive. I agree with other people. Chinese rubber just feels very different than Euro/Jap tensor rubber. It is hard to describe. you have to try it to see if you love it or hate it.

As for ESN rubber, as some people pointed out, they are probably all produced by the same factory. They are all similar. I have tried G-1, Rakza 7, EL-S, Tenergy 05fx, etc. on my backhand. I settled on G-1 but I am pretty sure my backhand will be fine (except Tenergy 05 fx; that was just too bouncy for me where I was afraid of my push falling off the end of hte table too easily).

But forehand, yeah, I cannot play with tensors. I can play with hybrid (K1, K2). But I cannot play with pure tensor. It just feels like..... no spin.

When you brush the ball lightly with a tacky chinese rubber, you will know what spin feels like.

Serving with a tacky Chinese rubber is also very very satisfying especially when you see your opponents keep on dropping your serve into the net ball after ball.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
I would suggest you try H3 neo. It is not that expensive. I agree with other people. Chinese rubber just feels very different than Euro/Jap tensor rubber. It is hard to describe. you have to try it to see if you love it or hate it.

As for ESN rubber, as some people pointed out, they are probably all produced by the same factory. They are all similar. I have tried G-1, Rakza 7, EL-S, Tenergy 05fx, etc. on my backhand. I settled on G-1 but I am pretty sure my backhand will be fine (except Tenergy 05 fx; that was just too bouncy for me where I was afraid of my push falling off the end of hte table too easily).

But forehand, yeah, I cannot play with tensors. I can play with hybrid (K1, K2). But I cannot play with pure tensor. It just feels like..... no spin.

When you brush the ball lightly with a tacky chinese rubber, you will know what spin feels like.

Serving with a tacky Chinese rubber is also very very satisfying especially when you see your opponents keep on dropping your serve into the net ball after ball.
I played a bit with Hybrid for about 2 weeks every day for 4/5 hours. It was corbor Tornado v5 and Mercury 2. I improved a lot after those weeks. The speed was pretty good and spin okay. I'll see if H3 Neo is a lot different

I feel like with this Hammond z2 i really have to keep my power low to keep it in. So with tacky rubbers i hope to give my all! hahaha :)

I've improved a lot over the years so i really wonder how hurricane 3 neo is. I don't think i'll be boosting it. Perhaps after the Factory tuning is gone i will boost it. What booster is recommended, Falco long or Haifu regular?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I played a bit with Hybrid for about 2 weeks every day for 4/5 hours. It was corbor Tornado v5 and Mercury 2. I improved a lot after those weeks. The speed was pretty good and spin okay. I'll see if H3 Neo is a lot different

I feel like with this Hammond z2 i really have to keep my power low to keep it in. So with tacky rubbers i hope to give my all! hahaha :)

I've improved a lot over the years so i really wonder how hurricane 3 neo is. I don't think i'll be boosting it. Perhaps after the Factory tuning is gone i will boost it. What booster is recommended, Falco long or Haifu regular?
If you have tried Hybrid (the only hybrid I have tried is Tibhar K1 and K2; TT11 still carries K1 but no longer carrying K2), you should be able to adapt H3 neo pretty easily. I have liked K1 and K2, and I have gone back and forth between H3 neo and K1 recently (both assembled on the same blade; and both blades have G-1 on the backhand side) so once you have tried Hybrid, going to H3 neo should be easy. We will see I guess.

Interesting thing is, I have always boosted H3 neo so I would recommend you boosting it. I have never peeled H3 neo off after 2-3 months to boost again. Just too much trouble for me. I also heard you would need to take the old layer of glue off the rubber to boost it? No way. Too much time wasted. So after 2-3 months I don't see my forehand power or spin diminishing. So I boost it with Falco Long (I have not tried Haifu regular) and so far I am have happy with it.

Have I not boosted H3 neo before? Never. But I have bought some regular hurricane or friendship 729 to put on my cheap blades just for fun and of course, I would not boost those rubbers and they do not play anywhere like H3 neo. more dead I guess.

Look up boosting video on Youtube by ThePongProfessor. He did a two-part review on all the boosters. I did watch the whole review a couple weeks ago. Long story short, he liked Falco Long (but not Falco platinum). He really really liked Haifu national yellow (but not Haifu national black). I forgot what he likes or not likes about Haifu regular.

I think with TT11 being out of stock of something here and there, I might purchase something from megaspin here in the US instead. So choosing a booster, you might want to see which one has been regularly stocked and not going to be out of stock when you need it.

And maybe boosting is something where once you get used to it, you just continue using the same brand (just like rubber).

Yes, I tried all the tensors rubber I listed above on my forehand side. They all go long. And the spin is just not as satisfying compared to H3 Neo when you spin the ball just right. My club here in North America, they all use tensor rubbers. So they are not used to the spin that H3 neo creates on serves and on perfectly executed forehand top spin.

finally, I have tried, in the above comment, I meant to say that I tried C-1, G-1, Rakza 7, Rakza 7 soft, EL-S, Tenergy 05 fx, etc. for my backhand. They were all pretty similar. I chose G-1 since it was faster than C-1 (I used C-1 to bridge me to G-1 eventually). So I could have gone using any of those rubbers for my backhand and the results would probably be the same. Tenergy 05 fx (not produced by ESN factory) does feel even bouncier but I am not sure I like it that much. And Tenergy 05 fx is just pricey.

As you can tell, I like to try different equipments ex- Butterfly. Haha...table tennis is an expensive sport if you become an EJ so I have to set boundary somewhere.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews

I think that the Haifu booster works best with Chinese rubbers of these two. And I have tried the TTRevolution No. 3 Xtreme Booster as well. It's more liquid than the Haifu and easier to handle, with a sponge on the top of the bottle. And it works really good and fast with Chinese rubbers as well.

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
If you have tried Hybrid (the only hybrid I have tried is Tibhar K1 and K2; TT11 still carries K1 but no longer carrying K2), you should be able to adapt H3 neo pretty easily. I have liked K1 and K2, and I have gone back and forth between H3 neo and K1 recently (both assembled on the same blade; and both blades have G-1 on the backhand side) so once you have tried Hybrid, going to H3 neo should be easy. We will see I guess.

Interesting thing is, I have always boosted H3 neo so I would recommend you boosting it. I have never peeled H3 neo off after 2-3 months to boost again. Just too much trouble for me. I also heard you would need to take the old layer of glue off the rubber to boost it? No way. Too much time wasted. So after 2-3 months I don't see my forehand power or spin diminishing. So I boost it with Falco Long (I have not tried Haifu regular) and so far I am have happy with it.

Have I not boosted H3 neo before? Never. But I have bought some regular hurricane or friendship 729 to put on my cheap blades just for fun and of course, I would not boost those rubbers and they do not play anywhere like H3 neo. more dead I guess.

Look up boosting video on Youtube by ThePongProfessor. He did a two-part review on all the boosters. I did watch the whole review a couple weeks ago. Long story short, he liked Falco Long (but not Falco platinum). He really really liked Haifu national yellow (but not Haifu national black). I forgot what he likes or not likes about Haifu regular.

I think with TT11 being out of stock of something here and there, I might purchase something from megaspin here in the US instead. So choosing a booster, you might want to see which one has been regularly stocked and not going to be out of stock when you need it.

And maybe boosting is something where once you get used to it, you just continue using the same brand (just like rubber).

Yes, I tried all the tensors rubber I listed above on my forehand side. They all go long. And the spin is just not as satisfying compared to H3 Neo when you spin the ball just right. My club here in North America, they all use tensor rubbers. So they are not used to the spin that H3 neo creates on serves and on perfectly executed forehand top spin.

finally, I have tried, in the above comment, I meant to say that I tried C-1, G-1, Rakza 7, Rakza 7 soft, EL-S, Tenergy 05 fx, etc. for my backhand. They were all pretty similar. I chose G-1 since it was faster than C-1 (I used C-1 to bridge me to G-1 eventually). So I could have gone using any of those rubbers for my backhand and the results would probably be the same. Tenergy 05 fx (not produced by ESN factory) does feel even bouncier but I am not sure I like it that much. And Tenergy 05 fx is just pricey.

As you can tell, I like to try different equipments ex- Butterfly. Haha...table tennis is an expensive sport if you become an EJ so I have to set boundary somewhere.
Yeah, One way to find out about H3neo. I'll but it on v14pro. Gave away my viscaria to a friend :) I don't think i suits something like Sanwei 75 pbo or joola eagle carbon.

As a fellow EJ i always set a budget for a year. I never accually reach the budget so i think i'm fine.

I think i'll try unboosted first and go to Haifu regular after a month.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
For what it’s worth you may want to try to assess whether or not the Fextra itself is too fast. I think they must vary quite a bit. A lot of people recommend them as an off- blade with plenty of “control” The one I have is actually very fast, I had to switch to something slower.
I feel like carbon blades are more controlled then fextra somehow, perhaps some are that much faster then others

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Yeah, One way to find out about H3neo. I'll but it on v14pro. Gave away my viscaria to a friend :) I don't think i suits something like Sanwei 75 pbo or joola eagle carbon.

As a fellow EJ i always set a budget for a year. I never accually reach the budget so i think i'm fine.

I think i'll try unboosted first and go to Haifu regular after a month.
Haha...yes as a fellow EJ junkie myself, I have not set a budget so I really do not want to look at my credit card too often. But I avoid Butterfly products because being an EJ junkie, buying Butterfly products will definitly bankrupt you. In all fairness, I have found Nittaku and Tibhar Evolution series to be fairly comparable to Tenergy regular vs fx series. I don't think I am losing out by not buying Butterfly products. In addition, blades, yeah, I have been very satified with Tibhar blades, either all wood or composite carbon.

Reactions: Topspinslinger
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
Haha...yes as a fellow EJ junkie myself, I have not set a budget so I really do not want to look at my credit card too often. But I avoid Butterfly products because being an EJ junkie, buying Butterfly products will definitly bankrupt you. In all fairness, I have found Nittaku and Tibhar Evolution series to be fairly comparable to Tenergy regular vs fx series. I don't think I am losing out by not buying Butterfly products. In addition, blades, yeah, I have been very satified with Tibhar blades, either all wood or composite carbon.
Haha butterfly makes great blades, Not premium enough for me to spend the money on, I'd rather buy sanwei 75 pbo insted of the Fzd superzlc. I have a few spare blades around that are under €20/50 range aswel. :) Only thing i'll be buying is rubbers haha

Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Haha butterfly makes great blades, Not premium enough for me to spend the money on, I'd rather buy sanwei 75 pbo insted of the Fzd superzlc. I have a few spare blades around that are under €20/50 range aswel. :) Only thing i'll be buying is rubbers haha
Maybe it is me. Does Butterfly just have better handles than say Tibhar? Is that why people talk about "the finish" is nicer for the Butterfly products?

I mean, after all, wood is wood. Carbon is carbon.

Reactions: Topspinslinger
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
Maybe it is me. Does Butterfly just have better handles than say Tibhar? Is that why people talk about "the finish" is nicer for the Butterfly products?

I mean, after all, wood is wood. Carbon is carbon.
Well, Fextra uses same handle as Viscaria. But when i use them i can feel the sanding and care that went in the viscaria. Of course you can sand down your own blade and get similar or better results. It just gives a luxury feeling, aka "Viscaria feeling"

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Well, Fextra uses same handle as Viscaria. But when i use them i can feel the sanding and care that went in the viscaria. Of course you can sand down your own blade and get similar or better results. It just gives a luxury feeling, aka "Viscaria feeling"
Got it! Is Fextra similar to Viscaria in terms of the blade composition? The wood and the carbon? Thanks!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
Update: My first time using these rubbers: I really like Hurricane 3 neo, Very spinny and dead feeling.
Jupiter 3 Asia: It is also pretty slow, Even tackier then hurricane but even after cleaning it it is still less tacky. Honestly hurricane is a lot better in most cases. I'll make a propper review over a month or so.
Basically: Jupiter 3 asia is semi quick for a tacky rubber, But is a lot slower on any passieve stroke. Has alright control but not nearly the safety and quality jn hurricane. i don't think it is going to last a long time

Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Update: My first time using these rubbers: I really like Hurricane 3 neo, Very spinny and dead feeling.
Jupiter 3 Asia: It is also pretty slow, Even tackier then hurricane but even after cleaning it it is still less tacky. Honestly hurricane is a lot better in most cases. I'll make a propper review over a month or so.
Basically: Jupiter 3 asia is semi quick for a tacky rubber, But is a lot slower on any passieve stroke. Has alright control but not nearly the safety and quality jn hurricane. i don't think it is going to last a long time
Welcome to the dark side (i.e. using Chinese rubber on the forehand side). Did you boost the hurricane? Hurricane 3 neo will become more alive after you break it in a bit. That stickiness will become tacky and the sponge will get a bit softer. That's when the rubber becomes alive.

Never used Jupiter 3 Asia.

Reactions: JeffM