STIGA Carbonado 45 and 90 blade out now!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
It would be interesting if Stiga tried to use light weight soft plastics similar to Arylate and Zylon weaved into the carbon.

They tried using Kevlar many moons ago. But the flaw with Kevlar is that it weighs too much so you ended up with 110 gram Kevlar blades and unless they were marketing only to Der_Echte and me, the weight of those blades ended up being a marketing nightmare.

These Carbonato 45 and 90, sorry, but to me they come off as Carbonato Dimished rather than Enhanced. And they are still carbon blades no matter how you look at it.

But they might play nice. I've mainly heard good things about the first two Carbonato blades.

But, I think Stiga is way behind Butterfly in developing blades that perform as well as Butterfly's ALC and ZLC blades.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Do you know non butterfly blades with the same characteristics of zlc/alc blades?

Sent from my 2014819 using Tapatalk

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
If you are using Yasaka Sweden Extra that should be good.

The rubbers are okay. I will admit, one flaw with the Evolution rubbers, the sponge is so dense that they dampen feeling more than I would like. But what you have should still be fine. When your rubbers wear out and you get your next set of rubbers you might think of 05fx or Xiom Omega 5 Europe which both have sponges that allow for more feeling than FX-P.

But I think that setup should be good. Also, if you are not comfortable gluing new rubbers onto a blade, just find someone at your club who can help you do it. It is worth learning how to do it for yourself. It doesn't have to be perfect.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
They tried using Kevlar many moons ago. But the flaw with Kevlar is that it weighs too much so you ended up with 110 gram Kevlar blades and unless they were marketing only to Der_Echte and me, the weight of those blades ended up being a marketing nightmare.

Once he reads this, Der_Echte will be filling his handles with kevlar.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
By the way Mark, based on a few things you've said in a few posts, a new setup might not be a bad idea.

These blades would be good for you (in no particular order):

1) Stiga Allround Evolution
2) Yasaka Sweden Extra
3) Tibhar Stratus Power Wood

Those are the inexpensive versions. Next are the expensive versions:

1) Nittaku Violin
2) Nttaku Acoustic
3) OSP Virtuoso Off-

The interesting thing is, the more expensive blades don't necessarily play much better than the less expensive ones. But they might be better crafted and more solid, so, less delicate. I know that Stiga blade is pretty delicate and my OSP V+ is a tank. I have hit the corner of the table with it and thought, "oh no, I'm gonna have to fix the damage," and there wasn't any!!! My V Off- is slightly less indestructible but still, totally solid.

But the more expensive ones will have excellent feeling. And if you get a good one, with the less expensive ones, they will have pretty close to as good feeling. Which is actually the important issue.

If I was you I would pair that with T05FX instead of the T64FX simply because the 05FX will be a little slower, get more spin and allow you to get a bigger arc on your loop.

If you got that setup and used it, for the first week or two, it would feel kind of slow, and you would start out not fully loving it. After about two weeks your technique would have adjusted to the new setup and it will feel like it is a normal speed. After about 2 months of training (if you play 3 or more times a week) it would start feeling like the right speed. And then if you tried your TB ALC it would feel a little faster than you want.

But as your technique adjusts to the slower spinnier setup, it will get better, you will start becoming more effective and efficient at adding more force to your strokes and you will start getting more spin and the pace of your ball, by the end of about 2 months will be about the same as it WAS with the faster setup before you changed because your technique will have actually had to have improved to get the same pace with the slower racket. AND you will have WAY more control. And the spin on your shots will start giving people who were your level more trouble so your shots will be harder to handle. And your technique and therefore your level will go up one level in that period of adjusting to the slower setup.

So, it would be a worthwhile thing to do. Provided you can afford the expense.
A little of topic but fun ;) Somebody stop him! LOL

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I hope usdcarl reads this, 'cause all I can say is, that if you're at a beginners level you should rather be sticking to an all+ all-wood blade like the Stiga allround classic or something slightly faster like the Stiga Allround Evolution.
Most coaches i know would do so.

A little of topic but fun ;) Somebody stop him! LOL

Suga D invited me to a thread hijacking on my favorite subject, Mtcollins seemed to enjoy participating in the hijacking, so I ran with it as far as I could and ran like a bandit. Nobody knew the goon squad was chasing me the whole time I ran.

Reactions: Suga D and Giangt
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Do you know non butterfly blades with the same characteristics of zlc/alc blades?

Sent from my 2014819 using Tapatalk

There are loads.

Xiom Hyabusa series comes to mind.

Ma Long V, and variations like 968.

Double Day Avenger Loop King. Double Day even has a blade that is ZLC on one side and ALC on the other side.

So, it would be interesting to see if Stiga could figure something out along those lines.

Also, if 100 grams gave the first Carbonados the 1 of 190 and 145, why doesn't the 64 grams of the 45 and 90 give 6445 and 6490, or .64-45 and .64-90 or something like that?

Well, maybe the name is not important even if it is pretty uncreative.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
I just got my new Carbonado 45

C45_1.jpg

C45_2.jpg

C45_5.jpg

C45_6.jpg

Up to now I did not play with it, only sealed it with hardwax-oil to protect the outer veneer.
First impression: very nice looking blade with really good craftsmanship, much better than the most Stiga blades in the last 20 years.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Carbonado 45 = Infinity with a new logo ??? Of course it is not.
Carbondo 45 has (like all other Carbonado versions) the new extreme-fibre.
In the last weeks I tested this blade with Genesis M both sides.
Compared with my former setup (Zhang Jike ALC) it feels a bit softer and has a bit more control.
On the other side ZJ ALC is a bit more crispy, which I prefer.
The main reason for this difference should be the different outer veneer (limba instead of koto).
People who like blades like Innerforce ALC or Mizutani ZLC will also like the Carbonado 45.
Compared with the Carbonado 145 the 45 has more "all wood feeling" and is a bit slower.

Positive is the fact, that my Carbonado 45 has really good quality, what`s not usual for today`s Stiga blades ;-)
Nevertheless I still prefer the more crispy feeling of koto outer layer.
Therefore I will sell the Carbonado again, maybe together with both Genesis M.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
... Unless it is an Infinity with a new white logo, hard to tell.

Magic_M is right. The Infnity is an All-Wood blade whereas the Carbonado contains a woven Aramid-Carbon cloth called Textreme (which should be very close to Arylate-Carbon)
in case some homemade blademaker might be interested, here:
http://www.textreme.com/b2b/products
http://www.hoelleinshop.com/Zubehoe...YQSw0KHpsegFNSDqAYkRITRlebjKbcrSe4aAuJ08P8HAQ
http://www.hoelleinshop.com/Zubehoe...67923&rdeocl=1&rdetpl=productpage&rdebox=box1
https://www.phd-24.de/fasern/carbongewebe/

Last edited: