Stiga Quality Control issue not happy!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Read 14 reviews
Well, i received the Carbonado, and the first impression when i hold it is the handle itself, i wasn't happy, it was not smooth or fined or tuned or whatever you call, felt the wood is not smoothed [or lopped or pruned, i am not good in English], so i was scared the a tiny fragment[or whatever you call it] could go into my fingers skin, i don't know if shouldn't worry about it or try to find something like a leather or whatever to cover it or return it, it was the only blade i saw and touched it with that feeling, so is that normal for Carbonado blade or any Stiga blade?

I definitely doubt that you can get the fragment in your skin but if you want it a little smoother you could use some sandpaper, or maybe a overgrip, however I don't find it necessary since I think the surface of the handle makes it more grippy then a completely smooth one but thats maybe mine opinion. It also gets a little smoother by itself when you play some time with your sweaty hands. :)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Better if you could post photos of those grips so i can have btr idea about what you are talking about, please if you wouldn't mind!

Thanks

Nope. They are not something you could see from just photos with the switching grips. And I not going to film video of old grips I no longer use.

But you shouldn't worry about the grips I tried. You should worry about the grip you are being told to learn. If you had 4 other grips to learn in addition to the one you are trying to learn, then you would start asking everyone which one is best, try and learn them all and 20 more in addition to that like you are doing with equipment, and you would never learn any of them and just make yourself more confused. Seeing more grips won't help you: it will hinder you.

LEARN THE ONE YOUR COACH IS TRYING TO TEACH YOU!!!!

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Better if you could post photos of those grips so i can have btr idea about what you are talking about, please if you wouldn't mind!

Thanks

By the way, if you were asking something reasonable or intelligent, like, "show me video of the exercise you mean," that would be different. But with a machine or with self hitting by bouncing a ball that is also self explanatory. Look at coaches doing multi-ball. Any version would work. Look at anyone using a machine.

If you are not skilled enough to see how ZJK holds his racket, or how Timo Boll holds for FH and BH and how he switches, then trying to analyze it would only confuse you anyway.

Learn what you coach is showing you.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Then the question is, what is the meaning of grip?

I say, if you are working with a coach, then you should sort that out with him. And if he is trying to get you to change how you hold your racket (your grip), then I think this is a a fake question.

But one thing I see here is that you have hijacked a thread about the quality of Stiga rackets to talk about your troubles with your coach telling you that you are holding the racket wrong and your inability to change your grip.

Good luck changing your grip. Avoid changing the subject.

This user has no status.
I say, if you are working with a coach, then you should sort that out with him. And if he is trying to get you to change how you hold your racket (your grip), then I think this is a a fake question.

But one thing I see here is that you have hijacked a thread about the quality of Stiga rackets to talk about your troubles with your coach telling you that you are holding the racket wrong and your inability to change your grip.

Good luck changing your grip. Avoid changing the subject.

Sorry for changing the subject, but it came to that point because i was talking about Stiga Carbonado issue i feel and i remember that it is about the handle ans the handle is the ANA version which is the first, and i talked about the problem because it was one reason why i chose that ANA handle, but i am very very sorry to go further away.

Anyway, i will sort out my problem later somehow, but i hope the Stiga problem about quality or whatever should be a clean issue for many, this is the first blade i bought from Stiga and i hope it is a good sign for me with them, but i really don't know why it is shown with Stiga as you said that they left it non sanded and not finished while another brands [i didn't try many to talk] make it sanded and finished?

This user has no status.
Xiom doesn't sand his premium blades also. Its a manufactureres choice.

That is why i bracketed about that i didn't try many brands to talk, but does that Xion non sanded have the same feeling or un-finished shape as Stiga?

Also this is only one thing, who knows later what else i may see if i start to use Carbonado, it just came to me about the handle at the same time i saw this thread, but let me not connect this issue with that, i will wait and use the blade and see if anything else or the handle's issue will not stay longer.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
Just got a Tibhar Force Pro Black. It is the most comfortable blade I ever have without any sanding because the sharp edges and handle are all smoothed out of the box. It is a cheap blade so I am amazed by the quality and price. Even the colour patterns and logo fittings are top notch. I wonder why Stiga can't catch up or they just like the way they are doing things and see nothing is wrong.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Being honest, if Stiga had passed with "flying colors", they would have sent you a new one by next day delivery when you showed them the photos and the package would have included a return to sender package for you to send the damaged product back to STIGA, not to the retailer. But, they half passed with say, a low passing grade. Like a C or a C+ rather than an A or an A+.

However, Stiga has to already know about this problem with Infinity blades. It has happened to sooooooo many of them.

Actually you are quite correct. Thinking about it in the cold hard light of day, if the Stiga employee who first encountered my problem when I contacted them via the website had got on the case and resolved it there would never have been any need for the CEO to be involved. I'm still grateful that he did but maybe more Stiga employees should be prepared to take ownership of customers' issues.

Just got a Tibhar Force Pro Black. It is the most comfortable blade I ever have without any sanding because the sharp edges and handle are all smoothed out of the box. It is a cheap blade so I am amazed by the quality and price. Even the colour patterns and logo fittings are top notch. I wonder why Stiga can't catch up or they just like the way they are doing things and see nothing is wrong.

Tibhar blades are well made and great value for money. The discontinued Tibhar Freitas was one of the best deal you could hope for (clone of Butterfly Maze for 50% of the price).