stubborn in disobedience of the rules. Bad example to follow.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Ah come down to Table Tennis Canterbury for a tournament, we have a lot of older ITTF umpires and a few newly qualified ones such as myself and my brother, we are only level 2 though but we do have a few level 3 umpires here.
Good on ye matey.
Hope you are keeping warm down there.
With so many umpires active I can assume that you have no illegal serves going on 😁
(y)

This user has no status.
Good on ye matey.
Hope you are keeping warm down there.
With so many umpires active I can assume that you have no illegal serves going on 😁
(y)
Haha the contrary, South Island Championships was on yesterday and the day before and I had to call an enormous amount of illegal serves. Mostly older players though which is to be expected as they find it harder to change their technique over time.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Mostly older players though which is to be expected as they find it harder to change their technique over time.
It ain't just the age, it is a question of attitude as well.
I joint the local club in 2019 and only had one serve, dropping the ball on my BH and slamming it across the table like a greased lightning. It was the oldest member of the club who told me to learn some legal serve.
I downloaded the rules, build myself a "half-table" from some mdf -boards and started practicing. Now I am well hated for my legal serves. 😁
I am in my mid-seventies.

I think our 2 local clubs are so small that the people in charge are afraid to insist on members using legal serves out of fear that they might stay away .
This would half the membership and possibly ruin the club, so they tolerate it.

My method now is to refuse playing matches with players that cheat.
I play with them but when they want to start counting points I insist on legal serves and all illegal serves earning me a point.
I don't think i will last much longer here
😂

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Read 1 reviews
I have played at various places where I don't bother to call any illegal serves at all.

Why?

Even the players use any illegal pips known to man, sometimes treated with chemicals to create most evil effects on the ball. I don't care anymore. Sometimes, it's even a joy to beat them and made them wonder what other chemicals to use since the current ones seem not to have any effects on me.

So, if the rubbers are already illegal, why I bother complaining about their serves?

Some even just hold the ball and then just hit the paddle on the ball (not even tossing the ball first). After initial surprising 2 - 3 serves, then you get used to it.

Edit: I am referring to usual games between club members, not an official tournament.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I have played at various places where I don't bother to call any illegal serves at all.

Why?

Even the players use any illegal pips known to man, sometimes treated with chemicals to create most evil effects on the ball. I don't care anymore. Sometimes, it's even a joy to beat them and made them wonder what other chemicals to use since the current ones seem not to have any effects on me.

So, if the rubbers are already illegal, why I bother complaining about their serves?

Some even just hold the ball and then just hit the paddle on the ball (not even tossing the ball first). After initial surprising 2 - 3 serves, then you get used to it.

Edit: I am referring to usual games between club members, not an official tournament.
I used to have exactly this attitude when I just played a bit of pingpong, I mean : "who cares , right" ?
Like I said in my previous post, I was told to serve legal and I learned to do it.
Everybody CAN learn to serve legal. EVERYBODY. 😁