Table Tennis Cheapen Itself with Lousy Fashion

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Watching the All-Star Challenge video, and I have to say that table tennis cheapen itself with the piece of cloth (with the name and number) on it and simply use two diaper pin to pin it on the back of the shirt. It looks ugly, unprofessional, and CHEAP.

If you are a fan of tennis, you will see how prestigious they are and how they manage to make themselves a character. Their cloth, shoes, headband, and other fashions become the main attraction to the sport. Look at Maria Sharapova, she has her own fashion, beautiful unique tennis wardrobe, and she even wear jewelery (earing, necklace) when she is playing.

What about the women at table tennis, especially the Chinese? Mushroom hair. It almost seems like they don't really care about being a little more feminine. At least Liu Shiwen is more pretty these days with the new hairstyle :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
Maria Sharapova's natural genetics allow for sleek, thin hair, while some chinese exceptions also can have such hair like Liu Shiwen, the majority's hair is of quite dry and poofy type of hair. You can probably do some salon hair-dying or some other bio-techniques that changes this as a lot of asians go for it these days. But I suspect chinese women that play table tennis are way to preoccupied with progressing their table tennis skills and that's why sometimes their appearance especially hair can suffer. There's just simply too much training and work involved for to prepare for tournaments in table tennis and especially as rigorous in training as chinese they are, no wonder they look a bit blunt.

Sort of like this
http://coolasianhair.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/cool-asian-hair-medium-brown-straight1.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Maria Sharapova's natural genetics allow for sleek, thin hair, while some chinese exceptions also can have such hair like Liu Shiwen, the majority's hair is of quite dry and poofy type of hair. You can probably do some salon hair-dying or some other bio-techniques that changes this as a lot of asians go for it these days. But I suspect chinese women that play table tennis are way to preoccupied with progressing their table tennis skills and that's why sometimes their appearance especially hair can suffer. There's just simply too much training and work involved for to prepare for tournaments in table tennis and especially as rigorous in training as chinese they are, no wonder they look a bit blunt.

Sort of like this
http://coolasianhair.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/cool-asian-hair-medium-brown-straight1.jpg

They have so many staff members, can't they spare 1 person to think about this? :p Would change alot indeed, since they are after all the leading names in table tennis.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
U138P200T1D319630F10DT20100514020125.jpg
13IPTQO.jpg

You see, even Yan An change his hairstyle to look better :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
the chinese women (and a lot of the top women) have short hair because it means it wont get in the way of them when they play.
thats why there are none with longs ponytails etc. although i do think they could try and look more feminine...lol :p

I was once thinking this is the reason. But after I saw their badminton women team mostly with long pony tail, then I doubt that is the reason lol...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
I was once thinking this is the reason. But after I saw their badminton women team mostly with long pony tail, then I doubt that is the reason lol...

perhaps its just that the chinese women in the team atm and several other top women dont have the kind of hair that can be put into a ponytail.
wang nan and deng yaping had ponytails. zhang yining didnt. pehaps its just to do with the type of hair they posess :p

foz

This user has no status.
Desmondfun, youre so right about the tatty bit of paper pinned to the shirt, it's like a 5 year old on sports day! Can you imagine Andy Murray being told he had to put one on at Wimbledon ?? I don't think so !, why do we need em anyway? Do the umpires not know who's playing? As you say, they look unprofessional and cheapen the look of our sport, I'm so glad Adidas got involved in tt, hopefully other 'cool' brands will follow, that always seems to be the way to turn the younger generations heads towards something- what the masses want! Sad, but true.