Table tennis popularity

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Why is table tennis not as popular as tennis, basketball, football and many other sports? I can not understand why, for me Table tennis is the most complete sport requires a lot of skill, there is no risk of death or serious injury and everyone can play, so what is lacking in Table Tennis for people to enjoy?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
There are some really good topics on this subject before on ttd. You will need to find them. There are many reasons why tt is not as popular as the big sports.

ive me the link. I think table tennis is not so popular because it requires a lot of concentration and technique / strategy, let's look at the famous sports in the west those I said in the main post, they all want a lot of physical strength and this is something that western culture always liked and that is why table tennis is more famous in the East they prefer sports that do not require physical strength / brutality, anyone who knows Asian culture knows this the difference of preferences between the West and the East in everything. For me this is the main reason, the tennis is more famous in the west in the east and why? Because it requires a lot of physical strength, of course it has some technique, but it does not even compare to table tennis. So if you wonder why tennis is more famous in the West and why table tennis is more famous in the East you will realize that the main cause is culture.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
I did a little research and read this that improves my argument.

"In North America, people value athleticism (a hard body) and general sex appeal, both of which are often absent from table tennis players. not saying that table tennis is not an athletic sport, it definitely is, but it does not demand the same physical level that a lot of other sports, which is why a short and pudgy Chinaman can be the world champion. "

Author- http://tabletennisdb.com/blog/why-table-tennis-is-a-horrible-spectator-sport/

I hope that we all can discussion about this, and sorry for the bad english