Tacky rubber just because :)

I find sock puppet posts quite annoying no matter what brand they advertise and sometimes things just get too obvious.

If someone asks for a recommendation for a tacky rubber one of the last rubbers that would come to my mind would be Vega Asia. Maybe Vega China or Tau from the same brand would fit better instead but H3neo would be my very first choice.

You may read my post again, and if you still can't catch why do I "advertise" somehing, you may read it again and again.
I'm not advertising anything. I'm just recomending. My post is very clear about why I would not recomend tacky rubbers.
And I'm very clear why do I recomend some non tacky rubbers with particular properties.

By the way mind your language.

I would say "please", but not after yous second post.

There are no Gods here.

Reactions: Atas Newton
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
I noticed ZP/MS/Cole do not carry the original H3. I'm now down to 999t vs H3 Neo. Incidentally, I see Sanwei Target National on sale on megaspin. Is this a trap, or legit rubber to consider?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
I would encourage you NOT to use a tacky rubber like H3N yet. H3N is extremely sensitive to spin on passive shots (hard tacky rubber).

People who can pressure you with slow to medium power spinny loops (and there are many such players at intermediate levels) will give you a lot of trouble if you're not always in position to take the ball early, to preferably block actively or counter. However countering or even guiding back slow spinny loops requires good precision and timing. And playing a touch shot when you're late on the ball will take MUCH more precision and touch.

With a more traditional rubber, it'll probably be easier to build confidence to play actively, kill the balls, try all sorts of shots, develop your touch and have fun. You may be able to do the same with a hard tacky rubber, but it might take longer. It might feel good at times and extremely frustrating at other times.

If you still want to try it, commercial H3N is fairly cheap and you will not notice the difference with provincial at first.

I find sock puppet posts quite annoying no matter what brand they advertise and sometimes things just get too obvious.

If someone asks for a recommendation for a tacky rubber one of the last rubbers that would come to my mind would be Vega Asia. Maybe Vega China or Tau from the same brand would fit better instead but H3neo would be my very first choice.

If the OP was playing with Musa Asia than I would recomend Tau, got it?

Mind the puppies

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016

Aye, really I was just making a reference to the song in your signature. I'm sure you're right but I've never come across a single person playing tacky rubbers in my years of playing in France (I hear it's catching up slowly, but then again I'm from the countryside - these will come about by the time we all play with Omega XXIV) and I can't say I've seen any in the Czech Republic, either. I'm curious to try as well now.

Sorry for hijacking the thread.

Last edited:
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
My buddy who had it. I was able to check it out for a few minutes. Crazy tacky. As much a H3. Battle 2 is on a pretty firm sponge.

Lightzy,

For sure you can get stuff cheaper if you order from China. I Mainly use ttnpp if I'm willing to wait 3 weeks. Otherwise, I like to support local as zeropong is based in SC here in the states and I need something quicker. And they're pretty good on prices also. So it just depends on which I order from.

The idea of supporting local stores I definitely support. That is a very good reason to buy a bit more expensive, agreed.
Where I live nobody sells chinese rubbers so aliexpress is my go-to.

Regarding the tackiness of B2, there's also a video of that at:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF6qVRpmnGw

Reactions: suds79
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
You may read my post again, and if you still can't catch why do I "advertise" somehing, you may read it again and again.
I'm not advertising anything. I'm just recomending. My post is very clear about why I would not recomend tacky rubbers.
And I'm very clear why do I recomend some non tacky rubbers with particular properties.

By the way mind your language.

I would say "please", but not after yous second post.

There are no Gods here.

Hahaha. If the shoe fits then mightaswell wear it.
I don't know why i should watch my language, i actually think you should rather think about your recommendations.
My post wasn't intended to sound insulting but rather was an expression of how much i was annoyed.
The term 'sock puppet' is known to forumers as someone who aggressively promotes or rather advertises stuff.

If this was the first post in this way my reaction would have been different.
See, i've been having these discussions a lot and people asking why i use a tacky fh rubber. Especially people with little to no experience with tacky rubbers trying to tell me to not use tacky rubbers.

But hey, you might be right and actually all this is not very much of my business.
;)

But what actually is my business is that when someone asks for recommendations for one thing and a someone steps up with some jedi mindtrick move trying to get in his head that he should not want the one thing and instead he should get something else.

An example:
If someone asks for a recommendation for a long pips rubber, do you also tell him that he should rather go for an Antispin especially when you have got no experience with longpips?

IMHO that's some very manipulative and crappy behaviour.

If I'm asking for 1 thing i don't want no belittleling and being told to get something else. That's just overbearing.

Maybe people want to decide for themselves what they want without being manipulated in any way.

[Edit: had to edit some stuff for being over the top. My apologies]

SugaD, langel shared his opinion regarding the OP. Share yours and take it easy.

If you REALLY thought that people can decide for themselves what they want, you would have absolutely NO PROBLEM with langel sharing his opinion and the OP actually deciding for himself if to take it or not :)

What you're doing looks more like a 'thought-police' act which makes it seem like you don't really think people should make their own decisions. Though from reading many of your posts I don't think you're that kind of person, this is not showing your best side man

I knew someone had to play devil´s advocate. Are you aware what you´re typing? thought-police? my a**!

If i ask for 'A' then I don´t wanna hear 'B' is much better, especially not from someone who has no experience with 'A'!

Has this now been clear so far?

Last edited:
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
But what actually is my business is that when someone asks for recommendations for one thing and a wise guy steps up with some pseudo jedi mindtrick move trying to get in his head that he should not want the one thing and instead he should get something else.

An example:
If someone asks for a recommendation for a long pips rubber, do you also tell him that he should rather go for an Antispin?

IMHO that's some very manipulative and real crappy behaviour and not too far from mental rape.

If I'm asking for 1 thing i don't want no belittleling and being told to get something else. That's just overbearing.

Now get it? Maybe people want to decide for themselves what they want.

SugaD, langel shared his opinion regarding the OP. Share yours and take it easy.

If you REALLY thought that people can decide for themselves what they want, you would have absolutely NO PROBLEM with langel sharing his opinion and the OP actually deciding for himself if to take it or not :)

What you're doing looks more like a 'thought-police' act which makes it seem like you don't really think people should make their own decisions. Though from reading many of your posts I don't think you're that kind of person, this is not showing your best side man

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
999T wont be in the next LARC list, if not mistaken, it's ilegal for tournaments by now.

hmm... interesting point. i have not yet decided whether i want to participate in tourneys moving forward, but i guess all the more reason to jump on the h3n bandwagon :p

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
hmm... interesting point. i have not yet decided whether i want to participate in tourneys moving forward, but i guess all the more reason to jump on the h3n bandwagon :p
H3 neo is a very good rubber, +1 to this recommendation

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
I would encourage you NOT to use a tacky rubber like H3N yet. H3N is extremely sensitive to spin on passive shots (hard tacky rubber).

People who can pressure you with slow to medium power spinny loops (and there are many such players at intermediate levels) will give you a lot of trouble if you're not always in position to take the ball early, to preferably block actively or counter. However countering or even guiding back slow spinny loops requires good precision and timing. And playing a touch shot when you're late on the ball will take MUCH more precision and touch.

With a more traditional rubber, it'll probably be easier to build confidence to play actively, kill the balls, try all sorts of shots, develop your touch and have fun. You may be able to do the same with a hard tacky rubber, but it might take longer. It might feel good at times and extremely frustrating at other times.

If you still want to try it, commercial H3N is fairly cheap and you will not notice the difference with provincial at first.

Well, as talbon mentioned, it depends on a players personal level, but I wouldn't say that H3Neo is that sensitive to incoming spin. I didn't have any problems dealing with spin when transitioned from traditional European style tensors to H3Neo

As everyone said above, H3neo is a great rubber (that's why I am using it :D ), but can't agree that it's the best option for trying a tacky rubber imho just to find out how tacky plays.

Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
I think the battle2 will be a much easier transition than h3neo. It is faster, plays drives better, more tacky. Just more 'modern' over all.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
I think the battle2 will be a much easier transition than h3neo. It is faster, plays drives better, more tacky. Just more 'modern' over all.

ZP/Cole/MS have always been very accommodating with even small defects when I order from them, so I usually try to order from them. 3~4 day shipping also beats the 3+ week shipping too. Maybe the B2 is more optimal, but not a huge deal. I can roll with something less optimal :p

(unless someone has uncut sheets to sell and are in the US) ;)

Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
watcher, suit yourself. I can tell you I switched from h3neo to battle2 and never looked back. h3neo is a celluloid ball era kind of rubber. I think that it is very suboptimal for today if unboosted.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
That's why people who use them boost them. Especially the national version. I use 4 layers of black oil and it offers tremendous control and power. Why would I use B2 over H3N? No reason at all.

watcher, suit yourself. I can tell you I switched from h3neo to battle2 and never looked back. h3neo is a celluloid ball era kind of rubber. I think that it is very suboptimal for today if unboosted.

Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
That's why people who use them boost them. Especially the national version. I use 4 layers of black oil and it offers tremendous control and power. Why would I use B2 over H3N? No reason at all.

Well I can give you several reasons.
Battle2 still performs better than boosted h3neo in both power and control, it lasts much longer too since you don't really need to boost it, it is tackier and its tackiness is more resistant to humidity, heat and dirt, the fact that out 4 out of 10 sheets of h3neo are bad rubbers while 10 out of 10 sheets of battle2 are good (in my experience), the fact that boosting is both illegal in competitive play and bad for your health generally...