Tenergy price gone up??

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
This is how I look at it, Butterfly's products are absolutely not an issue of any kind for me. When I got them the discount was enough to make them a price that was acceptable. I had not used them in a long time, but the set I am using now was the last set that I got at a discount and I figured I might as well use them.

But I can get Tibhar Evolution rubbers for what amounts to $33.00 a sheet if I use Dandoy's 4 for 3 deal. Evolution are close enough to as good as Tenergy for me. They play a little different. In some ways I like Tenergy better still. In other ways I like MX-P better. But I can play at the same level with them.

I also could play with Victas V>01 Stiff. Those are pretty good too. I could play with Joola Rhyzm. I could play with Andro Rasant. Nttaku FastArc. Xiom Omega V. Vega Japan. Tibhar Aurus.

Any of those I can get at what amounts to being a pretty reasonable price. So why worry about the price of a product that I forgot even exists. [emoji2]

I like Der_Echte's way of dealing with the subject. He simply uses something he can afford.

He has a rubber that costs twenty some odd dollars to buy without a discount and it plays really well on his BH. Then he uses a slightly higher end rubber that is also pretty darn good and much cheaper than Tenergy on his FH.

Just get rubbers that work for you. Forget the hype.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Well, unless you have spring sponge addiction you still could run to other rubbers I guess :D

My level of play is still not where I could utilize Tenergy's full ability. But even after trying rubbers after rubbers, nothing gives you the same feedback the spring sponge provide

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Well, I've been in the place where I had other addictions and affording what I really wanted to use for TT was not a big problem. But I do have a wife and a teenaged daughter and a financial responsibility addiction.

Now Tenergy can be used for a decently long time. But at a certain point, if you do that, you aren't really playing with Tenergy anyway.

And I can use any of the rubbers I mentioned and more.

At less than half the price of Tenergy, it makes pretty good sense to me.

I think Der_Echte said it took him a month to get fully used to Aurus when Butterfly jacked the price of Tenergy up over $50.00. But I don't think he ever looked back. And if he can use an $8.00 rubber on his BH, I can use a $33.00 (on a big discount) rubber on mine. [emoji2]

Sent from Inside The Chamber of Secrets by Patronus

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Unless you go completely bald ... which is inevitable when you continue to buy tenergy :p
There are only two eternal truths in life. Everybody will dye and tenergy price will be increased

Sent from my 2014819 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This is how I look at it, Butterfly's products are absolutely not an issue of any kind for me. When I got them the discount was enough to make them a price that was acceptable. I had not used them in a long time, but the set I am using now was the last set that I got at a discount and I figured I might as well use them.

But I can get Tibhar Evolution rubbers for what amounts to $33.00 a sheet if I use Dandoy's 4 for 3 deal. Evolution are close enough to as good as Tenergy for me. They play a little different. In some ways I like Tenergy better still. In other ways I like MX-P better. But I can play at the same level with them.

I also could play with Victas V>01 Stiff. Those are pretty good too. I could play with Joola Rhyzm. I could play with Andro Rasant. Nttaku FastArc. Xiom Omega V. Vega Japan. Tibhar Aurus.

Any of those I can get at what amounts to being a pretty reasonable price. So why worry about the price of a product that I forgot even exists. [emoji2]

I like Der_Echte's way of dealing with the subject. He simply uses something he can afford.

He has a rubber that costs twenty some odd dollars to buy without a discount and it plays really well on his BH. Then he uses a slightly higher end rubber that is also pretty darn good and much cheaper than Tenergy on his FH.

Just get rubbers that work for you. Forget the hype.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus
ok cool, I am gonna try the Evolution EL-S then as I found there are a lot of positive reviews about this rubber and also the best Tenergy alternative so far? can you also recommend me other best Tenergy alternatives? I am using Timo boll ZLC with T05 on both backhand and forehand. I really like the Grip and Spin for T05 lol thanks

my club which is sponsor Butterfly is selling for 70$ cash no tax, since i'm pretty good friend with the owner only 65$ :) i still have 11 of pieces of 64 Energy that i ordered a box load from TT japan 2 yrs ago :p for like 52$ each lolz :p so u know u going to use it , always stock up :p

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
...always stock up :p

I'm not sure if that is really so smart. Even kept in a dark & dry place with no big temperature changes a rubber will lose a few abilities after a certain time, especially after two years compared to one fresh rubber from tamasu factory. But to each his own.... ;)

Personally i gotta admit:
TO ME nothing, absolutely NO Thing, Nuttin', Nada comes close to a fresh from the Box opened tenergy, and I must say the spring sponge effect lasts way longer than any ESN Rubber i've tried. And I come from the land of ESN Rubbaz.
One tenergy of mine lasts as long as two ESNs.

Also the price for the newest generation of ESN is not far from Tenergy, so keeping in mind that you need time to adapt and your rating might drop, it's not really a big saving to me. It's actually rather the opposite. I just gave away a sheet of Rasant Powergrip 'cause i couldn't find time to use it well and adapt to it...

But i guess, everyone's different.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
Is there a practical reason why everyone doesn't just buy H3 and boost the hell out of it, because it's supposedly much better than Tenergy if seasoned and served correctly? :p

Pain in butt to boost all the time. I hated boosting because of how much it weighed down my setup too. Constantly changing playing characteristics of your setup is counter intuitive while learning. I still liked t05 over super boosted "provincial" h3. If you're ever out of place tenergy doesn't need a very full swing to get the ball to do well.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Is there a practical reason why everyone doesn't just buy H3 and boost the hell out of it, because it's supposedly much better than Tenergy if seasoned and served correctly? :p

Not legal, hard to get the boost consistent between sheets, requires planning ahead when switching to a new boosted sheet, commercial sheets vary in quality (improved recently, but still not the best) and are prone to bubbling after boosting, better quality provincial/national sheets are rare and hard to find authentic and reliable sources, some players just don't like tacky topsheets.

Boosted H3N is something else though.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews

Arch, you're comparing apples and pears (how we say in germany).
Must probably be, 'cause you haven't tried it yet.
But just keep in mind that tenergy works completely different than H3.
Both rubbers Shine, but in different areas.
The tenergy is absolutely not tacky and creates spin mostly from topsheet snap and springsponge tech, whereas the H3 mostly works through the tackiness of its topsheet.
But maybe you'll find out for yourself one day.
IMHO a fresh Tenergy doesn't really need to be boosted, and many people also don't want to boost in the first place....

EDIT: sorry, if i've been stepping on your toes, Arch.
If you pm me your address, I'll send you a 4month old used about twice a week Tenergy 05 in red, that just got replaced recently. It's certainly not like one fresh from the box, but it should be still good enough to give you an idea, what we're talking about.
No Joke.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
I'm not sure if that is really so smart. Even kept in a dark & dry place with no big temperature changes a rubber will lose a few abilities after a certain time compared to one fresh from tamasu factory. But to each his own.... ;)

Personally i gotta admit:
TO ME nothing, absolutely NO Thing, Nuttin', Nada comes close to a fresh from the Box opened tenergy, and I must say the spring sponge effect lasts way longer than any ESN Rubber i've tried. And I come from the land of ESN Rubbaz.
One tenergy of mine lasts as long as two ESNs.

Also the price for the newest generation of ESN is not far from Tenergy, so keeping in mind that you need time to adapt and your rating might drop, it's not really a big saving to me. It's actually rather the opposite. I just gave away a sheet of Rasant Powergrip 'cause i couldn't find time to use it well and adapt to it...

But i guess, everyone's different.

Absolutely. T05 is £50 plus shipping here, non-negotiable. I can get Omega V Asia for £26 shipped, and I play better with it. Less than half the price for a better rubber, and it's super durable too if I look after it. It's a no-brainer for me, but I don't think less of the people who buy Tenergy. I do laugh at them when they can't control the short game when using it though. (not really)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews

Even a massively boosted Hurricane is way slower than Tenergy. At least the ones I had.

JHB

says Aged and infirm of purpose
I spoke to a guy from Tees Sport today who said it's because of Brexit. He said the price was lowered because they felt they were ripping off their customers but Brexit meant they had to put it up again.

He said profit margins on Tenergy are great for Butterfly, much less lucrative for the local sellers!

If Tees Sport have any conscience about their prices, it's news to me ! A few weeks back they were quoting 49.99 for MX-P when Bribar were still selling it for 34.99. Guess where I bought mine ?

As far as I'm concerned there are only two reasons to buy there - either you can't get it anywhere else or you live near enough to Middlesborough to visit their showroom.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
This may not be entirely correct Ilia , it depends on the Hurricane , the booster and the boosting procedure , at least thats what some of my more informed friends told me , even through right now , I am having a honeymoon with H8 , boosting H3 would be a wild ride that I am yet to take :p . However, Hurricane will always appear to be slow if you restrict yourself to bouncing balls on it to check the speed, you get to know the potential when you start hitting ..
Even a massively boosted Hurricane is way slower than Tenergy. At least the ones I had.

Yeah, they went up.
They will always go up. lol.
But they are still cheaper than any other countries I think right?

UK in USD 65.49
EUROPE in USD 64.34
KOREA in USD 71.21
JAPAN in USD 78.67 !!!! (Ridiculous)
USA in USD 74.99

Just a thought.

Stills "cheap", I must say. Here in Brazil the Tenergies are costing ridiculously US$110, in Brazil's currency, R$355. This value is 40%, I repeat, 40% of a brazilian minimum wage that is R$880, the same as US$275.

You guys indeed are in a very better situation that us brazilians, lol...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Just bought tenergies the other day, a friend of mine asked me to grab 2 sheets of T05 and 2 sheets of T80. Each one costs $53 each but because of 3% card surcharge it becomes $55.

Was kinds happy when I asked them for the rubber, they went to their supply room and took out a small cardboard, basically containing 5 tenergies on each cardboard box. I guess such is expected when you're shopping in person from an official butterfly distributor from the country.

Was also really tempted to get another blade but I held off. They have a crap ton of blades, like the old SK7 and the original innerforce blades