Tenergy price gone up??

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
This may not be entirely correct Ilia , it depends on the Hurricane , the booster and the boosting procedure , at least thats what some of my more informed friends told me , even through right now , I am having a honeymoon with H8 , boosting H3 would be a wild ride that I am yet to take :p . However, Hurricane will always appear to be slow if you restrict yourself to bouncing balls on it to check the speed, you get to know the potential when you start hitting ..

Maybe you're right. I will try H8 if I will see it on sale. Of course, I tried looping wit them. Surprisingly, when I just bounce the ball on the racket, a heavily boosted Hurricane looks really bouncy, almost like a modern Eurojap rubber. But when I start looping, the speed dissipates. I tried a variety of rubbers on my racket and my friends'. I have an H2 that I boosted with 2 layers of Falco two months ago and two more layers a week ago. I tried two commercial H3 on my friend's racket with different amounts of Falco booster. One of them had so much booster in it that the sponge literally cracked later on :) I also tried a provincial H3 that a visitor from China brought with him. They are all slow. Maybe just Falco booster sucks and Dianchi oil will make it much faster. H8 should be a different story, I wish I had one.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
H8 is not a speed monster , its tackier than H3 but has a higher through and the sponge is softer ( factory boosted ) , so comparing H3 and H8 is not really fair.
I like H8 because it lets me loop up on the plastic ball and control the short game and I don't have to worry about boosting , lets say its more forgiving if you are making decisions later that with a tenergy. With boosted H3, what my friends say is that Dianchi is definitely better than falco but also the fact that you have to use your core while looping to get the 100% out of it , and its a monster for over the table loops ....

Maybe you're right. I will try H8 if I will see it on sale. Of course, I tried looping wit them. Surprisingly, when I just bounce the ball on the racket, a heavily boosted Hurricane looks really bouncy, almost like a modern Eurojap rubber. But when I start looping, the speed dissipates. I tried a variety of rubbers on my racket and my friends'. I have an H2 that I boosted with 2 layers of Falco two months ago and two more layers a week ago. I tried two commercial H3 on my friend's racket with different amounts of Falco booster. One of them had so much booster in it that the sponge literally cracked later on :) I also tried a provincial H3 that a visitor from China brought with him. They are all slow. Maybe just Falco booster sucks and Dianchi oil will make it much faster. H8 should be a different story, I wish I had one.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Stills "cheap", I must say. Here in Brazil the Tenergies are costing ridiculously US$110, in Brazil's currency, R$355. This value is 40%, I repeat, 40% of a brazilian minimum wage that is R$880, the same as US$275.

You guys indeed are in a very better situation that us brazilians, lol...

USD 110 is ridiculous.
Just crazy! Can't believe this.
Well it might always be good idea to buy from other countries and bring it back to Brazil.

Reactions: dirtyD and Suga D
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
USD 110 is ridiculous.
Well it might always be good idea to buy from other countries and bring it back to Brazil.

Not as easy as it sounds though. He would have to go to another country and to a location where there is a physical store, or order through the internet and have the distributor for that region ship to where he is staying in that country.

You can't just go on the internet and order Butterfly products from a distributor that is out of your region. So, if I was in Brazil and tried to order Tenergy from Paddle Palace which is in USA, Butterfly's regional distribution restrictions prevent that sale from happening. I would have to be in USA (or Canada I think) to order from Paddle Palace.

This is how Butterfly is able to fix prices region by region.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
I also wonder how much Butterfly make Tenergy for. Anyone have any idea?

I have a good idea how much they are making it for.
But I can't open up this information. :)
But I can give you a hint.

Check the rubber (raw material cost).
How it has decreased in last 5 years.
And how much it costs per lbs (kg).

You will be shocked.

USD 110 is ridiculous.

Yes, I have to agree with you. Until I know, the only other way to get them is through TT clubs that are sponsored by BTY, and usually have their own shop, but I confess that I don't know about the prices there...

Not as easy as it sounds though. He would have to go to another country and to a location where there is a physical store, or order through the internet and have the distributor for that region ship to where he is staying in that country.

You can't just go on the internet and order Butterfly products from a distributor that is out of your region. So, if I was in Brazil and tried to order Tenergy from Paddle Palace which is in USA, Butterfly's regional distribution restrictions prevent that sale from happening. I would have to be in USA (or Canada I think) to order from Paddle Palace.

This is how Butterfly is able to fix prices region by region.

Or if I found anyone that could buy straight from BTY or authorized distributors/resellers for me, and sell it online, although not a totally legal method...

This user has no status.
I have a good idea how much they are making it for.
But I can't open up this information. :)
But I can give you a hint.

Check the rubber (raw material cost).
How it has decreased in last 5 years.
And how much it costs per lbs (kg).

You will be shocked.

looks like the material cost is less than $1 per rubber, I think what cost the most are the salary for hiring Engineers/Researchers designing the rubber and the Machines/Technology to make the rubber.

This user has no status.
Over here most new gen ESN cost around EUR 50,- (47,90 to 49,90 if there's no special discount) a Tenergy costs exactly EUR 56,90...
That little difference doesn't really motivate and convince me
;)

I have to agree that Germany has overpriced tt products compared to other european countries. For example, in Prague, Czech Republic, you can get even the newest ESN rubbers for ~35 EUR.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
Read 7 reviews
Stills "cheap", I must say. Here in Brazil the Tenergies are costing ridiculously US$110, in Brazil's currency, R$355. This value is 40%, I repeat, 40% of a brazilian minimum wage that is R$880, the same as US$275.

You guys indeed are in a very better situation that us brazilians, lol...

Wow, thats crazy. Brazilians are getting bent over by butterfly. Is that true? Do people actually pay that price?

Wow, thats crazy. Brazilians are getting bent over by butterfly. Is that true? Do people actually pay that price?

Yes man, unfortunately they are. See an example:

Print.jpg

Reactions: dirtyD
sorry bud, that sucks. are all rubbers high priced? how about andro rasant rubbers?

Most of them DirtyD... Although some are not so high-priced as the Tenergies, as an example, the Sriver FX for something about US$47, BTY Flextra for US$33, Hurricane Neo 3 for US$44, most of Xiom rubbers for US$75, most of Donic and Stiga rubbers for US$60, Rakzas 9 and X for US$ 90, and so on...

Andro rubbers I've never found selling here in Brazil; looks that we don't have a distributor here, so I honestly don't have idea of how much a Rasant would cost here lol...

Last edited:
Those prices seem high no matter what you purchase in Brasil.... is there some extreme import levy on these ?

For example, Neo 3 sells in the UK for £18.99, that's $25.04
The most expensive Xiom is £38.99 or $51.41 (which is the same price for Razka 9)
with today's exchange rate of 1.32 GBP £ to USD $

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
Read 7 reviews
I thought i had it bad in the south of US. Florida has tt clubs, but not like the northwest and the northeast of the states. you might find a friendship rubber here and there, but thats it. you gotta order everything.

I heard that brazil has the second largest japanese population outside japan. Maybe Butterfly's upset that a lot of their people left japan for Brazil's nice sunny climate.:)

Last edited:
Those prices seem high no matter what you purchase in Brasil.... is there some extreme import levy on these ?

For example, Neo 3 sells in the UK for £18.99, that's $25.04
The most expensive Xiom is £38.99 or $51.41 (which is the same price for Razka 9)
with today's exchange rate of 1.32 GBP £ to USD $

In fact, that's true. The tax charge here in Brazil is an absurd, and it's like this with the objective of people getting disencouraged to import anything, rather than buying in the internal market...

I thought i had it bad in the south of US. Florida has tt clubs, but not like the northwest and the northeast of the states. you might find a friendship rubber here and there, but thats it. you gotta order everything.

I heard that brazil has the second largest japanese population outside japan. Maybe Butterfly's upset that a lot of their people left japan for Brazil's nice sunny climate.:)

Here it's pretty the same... You have to order everything related to TT, at least here in Rio de Janeiro, where I live. In São Paulo, other state and where almost all the japanese population lives, table tennis is way more diffused, and I believe people have easier access to equipment, but with the same expensive prices...