Testing out Dian Chi booster (from china)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2011
Dian chi definitely does make the sponge softer if you apply it correctly. Also, if your familiar with the Haifu oil that the Chinese national team was supposedly using before, dian chi is actually an improvement of that oil (in terms of performance). The created of Dian Chi broke off from haifu and made his own product which is Dian Chi.

In terms of Bio Booster, I couldn't say which is better since I've never used Bio Booster. I would guess each one is better for a different type of rubber. I can only recommend dian chi based on my personal experience.

says Hi, no thanks, I've found a place where I can get one...
Jan 2012
One question: did you waited 6 daysall the way to let the oil dry out ? Some guys here in France just let it sit for like 24/48h.. They say it works fine. Don't know.. Waiting that long is really a pain though ! :eek: I mean, you already have to wait for your package to come all the way from China, then you have to let the oil dry for 6 days ! Wow, I'd go crazy! I couldn't wait to try it! :p

I see you tried Dianchi on Hurricane 3 (Neo?) 40°. After the oil is fully dried, would you say the rubber felt like a 38° sponge ? More ? Less ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
My experiences with the dian chi is almost the same as yours, I really love that the rubber doesn´t becomes to spinny and loses speed or viceversa. The booster softens the rubber a bit, but if play with rubbers that are harder the t64 or calibra, you shouldn't have any downside. The thing I like most about it is that i can reboost the rubber 3-4 times (1-2 for my hurricane), and it still have great quality

Jan 2012
A friend gave me some DIANCHI to do 1 rubber. Firstly I've put 2/3 layers of Finezip glue, then started painting the sponge with Dianchi. I was afraid that I didn't have ebough of it so I tried to concentrate the layers on the 'center' on the rubber and avoided the angles as I would cut them off afterwards. But now (it's been a few days) the sponge is mostly stcky towards the center of it... Right behind the bottom of the rubber (logos) it doesn't stick much, same thing at the top of it...
I'm afraid, when put on blade, the effect of the booster won't be the everywhere... and strongly concentrated right on the center... I don't know.. what do u think ?

I should have tried to lay the layers more evently everywhere

Also, even though it will be a week in 2 or 3 days, the rubber is still curled... hope it gets flat soon

This user has no status.
Hey guys these are two videos that I found in another forum:

[video]http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/Y4tTPpF4JeA/?fr=rec1[/video]

[video]http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/PuzhJZhCnyE/?fr=rec1[/video]

This is from http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=41929&PN=5&title=dian-chi-booster

and another interesting part is Aldrichboy(user from that forum) stated: ¨The funny thing is that I met this lady player Li wenxi in this video demo (not showing by face but voice) in Beijing more than 2 years ago (11 years old in 2009). She was just selected by Beijing's Team at second tier team and now she is in the first tier team that was used to be Zhang Yining and Ding Ning's team. Apparently, the Chinese professional players are all using Dian Chi booster to treat their rubbers, at least in Beijing's team as far as we can tell from this video.¨

Jan 2012
It's been 7 days now and the Hurricane hasn't flatten out at ALL... Do I have to use a hairdryer ?

One other question for H3 neo prov users and Dianchi users : if you would say a H3 neo prov that has been played for 8/10 hrs (that plays at its full potential) on a Timo Boll Spirit, has 7/10 on a speed scale, in your opinion what should it be with a regular dose of Dianchi ? 7,5/10, 8/10 or more ? Pleaz let me know

I'm asking this cause although I'm dying to try Dianchi, I find my blade, which is a Timo Boll Spirit, and my main rubber a H3 neo Prov fast enough, really. If I brush the ball in top spins, that's perfect, but when I mostly hit right on the sweet spot, here it goes ! right out of the table ! The blade is awesome so It's still very controllable, bud the speed is plain enough.
I wanted to try the Dianchi, not much for spesd as I have plenty, but for the increase of spin and the fact that everyone says the FULL potential of a Hurricane rubber comes out by using Dianchi ; so I'm curious.

Jan 2012
What do you mean "cutting more rubber away" ?

Anyone to compare a non-boosted H3 neo Prov on an arylate-carbone blade such as TBS and a Dianchi-ed H3 neo Prov on the same type of blade ? How much is the increase of speed on a 1 to 10 scale ?

Btw, it's been 8-9 days now and my H3 is still curled up like a horse shoe... dunno what to do

This user has no status.
The expansion caused by the booster expands the whole rubber, even if you follow the instructions you will find that your rubber will need cutting down to fit the blade.

Therefore next time you re-boost the same will happen again. You can therefore only boost a certain number of times until the boost doesn't expand the rubber enough to fit the blade.

I'm due to change rubbers again shortly, I'll start photos over a time period of three months to demonstrate.

Steve

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Jan 2012
The expansion caused by the booster expands the whole rubber, even if you follow the instructions you will find that your rubber will need cutting down to fit the blade.

Therefore next time you re-boost the same will happen again. You can therefore only boost a certain number of times until the boost doesn't expand the rubber enough to fit the blade.

I'm due to change rubbers again shortly, I'll start photos over a time period of three months to demonstrate.

Steve

Oh, ok! I figured you meant something like that, but wasn't sure.

Anyways, I'm boosting a H3 neo with Dianchi for the 1st time now and it doesn't seem expanded, it's very curled though.. Nothing like when I speed glue with Haifu blue whale.. you can easily see that the sponge is uneven with the topsheet as it has expanded a lot.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hey, quick question. The boost expands the rubber which is why it curls up. The boost is chemicals. When it starts uncurling, part of that is because some of those chemicals have evaporated out of the sponge. What would the purpose of putting more coatings of the boost on and then waiting for 6 days be? Why wouldn't you just put 2 or 3 coats on and put it on the blade when the boost has sunk in and dried so the glue will stick?

I normally stick on after three days, and leave in the 'click press' for two days.

What would happen if you did this same day, after the coats you put on sank in?

I just don't quite get the point of waiting so long. I know, some of the boosting techniques that I use, the people who told me about them said to wait for days and let things sink in. I tried that way and then I found that I could put the stuff on, put the rubber on the blade as soon as the glue was dry enough and seal the boost in, and then I got more of a boosted effect and it lasted longer. It ended up working better, especially with paraffin than the technique of waiting when I tested to two.

With this boost what would be the purpose? What are the chemicals in the Dian Chi booster that cause the expansion and the boosted effect?

This user has no status.
This boost seems slightly different, it expands the four layers of dry glue first and hence the sponge etc expanding. That's why once it wears off you only need to reboost with one layer and then one layer of glue to the blade.

I've never applied it neat to sponge only. I expect it would be like dropping sticky stuff remover on sponge....now that is expansion.. Lol.

Steve

Jan 2012
Yeah, it was slighly expanded u were right. It showed when I glued the -still curled- H3 neo on my blade. I waited 8 to 9 days but the rubber never flatten down.. Anyways, it sticked pretty well. I'm letting it sit under a french and an italian dictionnairies for the night.

What bugs me though is the serial number of the rubber. It seems to be not good when I type it in the DHS website. The Provincial H3 was bought on ttnpp, I bought it back from a friend, new unopened. Here is the number: 91776624 21844794

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
Yeah, it was slighly expanded u were right. It showed when I glued the -still curled- H3 neo on my blade. I waited 8 to 9 days but the rubber never flatten down.. Anyways, it sticked pretty well. I'm letting it sit under a french and an italian dictionnairies for the night.

What bugs me though is the serial number of the rubber. It seems to be not good when I type it in the DHS website. The Provincial H3 was bought on ttnpp, I bought it back from a friend, new unopened. Here is the number: 91776624 21844794

My Dhs rubbers have always had 10 or 12 digit security number on the sticker. Where did you find that monster of numbers from? And you shouldn't give the code to anyone because you can use it once only and after that the Dhs web-page just tells you that the code has been used before and the rubber might therefore be fake.

Jan 2012
My Dhs rubbers have always had 10 or 12 digit security number on the sticker. Where did you find that monster of numbers from? And you shouldn't give the code to anyone because you can use it once only and after that the Dhs web-page just tells you that the code has been used before and the rubber might therefore be fake.

Oh ok, I didn't know.. Anyhow, the code didn't work art first.. It's weird. I played a bit with it this afternon on my Acoustic, and it works great, I did over and over again mid distance drive loop with much speed. It was always going back on the table, disregarding of the placements made by my oponent. I'm definately gonna get my own Dianchi bootle and boost a REAL 38° H3 neo to put on my TBS.

For those who got a positve answer from DHS-sports website, how many figures did the sticker had ? For every H3 I've had, there were 2 lignes of 8 numbers

Last edited:
Jan 2012
One question for those who know Dianchi : I want to take off my H3NP from my Acoustic to put it on my TBS. Will it ruin the boosting effect ? What if, once taken off, the glue residue on the back of the sponge is messy and cannot be glued back and needs to get peeled off: will it ruin the boosting effect ?
Is it necessary to bbosst it again with one layer ?