Testing out Dian Chi booster (from china)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
hello , i have boosted two rubbers with dian chi (hurricane 3 and skyline 3 both with blue sponge ) and i doubt that the dome will disappear in day 6 . Does the dome need to be transparent in order to stick the rubber onto the blade , or should i wait two or even three days more for it to get flat ? If i dont wanna wait and glue the blade & rubber and then stick them together and press it with some heavy object (encyclopedia for example , lol) is it ok or does anything bad happens ?!

This user has no status.
hello , i have boosted two rubbers with dian chi (hurricane 3 and skyline 3 both with blue sponge ) and i doubt that the dome will disappear in day 6 . Does the dome need to be transparent in order to stick the rubber onto the blade , or should i wait two or even three days more for it to get flat ? If i dont wanna wait and glue the blade & rubber and then stick them together and press it with some heavy object (encyclopedia for example , lol) is it ok or does anything bad happens ?!

Don´t wait more than what has been instructed and just put it under a pile of books and because of that dome you will see the edges of the top sheet curl up just like zhang jike´s or ma long´s blade:

mlfh.jpg

lkjhljkh.jpg

says Hi, no thanks, I've found a place where I can get one...
Jan 2012
Hey Guys!

I am also trying Dianchi Booster out on my Hurricane 3 Nat and Hurricane 3 Blue Sponge.
As yang_fan posted mine went curly too :) 6 days!!! pheeww... Can't wait to try them out!

View attachment 2120

View attachment 2121

Did you read the insctruction on the bottle ? It says to let it dry off naturaly for 12-40 hours depending on the environment or dry it with a hair dryer. On my bottle there's a red warning saying it needs to be dried off naturally in 12-40 hours. It is pretty confusing, they say to dry it with "hot wind" and also to let it dry naturally...! On the other hand, prott and ttnpp say to let it sit for 6 days.

Peronnally I think 6 days is a bit too much as after 3/4 days (I think..) the rubber doesn't change, it seems dry enough although pretty shiny and DAMN sticky, and the curl (for me) didn't flatten down.

I would say that it requires at least 48hrs of sitting, but 3 days would be better.. Haven't tried it that way though.

Who tried the 2 ways: 12h/40h method and the 6 days method ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Did you read the insctruction on the bottle ? It says to let it dry off naturaly for 12-40 hours depending on the environment or dry it with a hair dryer. On my bottle there's a red warning saying it needs to be dried off naturally in 12-40 hours. It is pretty confusing, they say to dry it with "hot wind" and also to let it dry naturally...! On the other hand, prott and ttnpp say to let it sit for 6 days.

Peronnally I think 6 days is a bit too much as after 3/4 days (I think..) the rubber doesn't change, it seems dry enough although pretty shiny and DAMN sticky, and the curl (for me) didn't flatten down.

I would say that it requires at least 48hrs of sitting, but 3 days would be better.. Haven't tried it that way though.

Who tried the 2 ways: 12h/40h method and the 6 days method ?

Chinese instructions translated to English are always funny to read! :) Here is the new sticker on the bottle from ttnpp.com

dianchi-dian-chi-water-glue-130ml-newpacking.jpg

I think is a matter of opinion how long it should dry of and depending of the type of sponge/rubber.

P1030959.jpg

As you can see my rubbers are starting to flatten after 3 days and I am thinking to give them a couple of days more to flatten out.

TTnPP.com recommends that you dry your rubbers for 6 days. I think this is in terms of chinese rubbers that are more reactive when using Dianchi Booster on them.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
You can use a hairdryer for GLUE, booster isn't supposed to dry but it soaks in to the sponge which takes time. Also the 6 day waiting is for letting the topsheet stretch to match the sponge and therefore the rubber flattens.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The doming effect and the tension on the topsheet is what would give the a lot of the boosted effect. Why on earth would you want to wait till the rubbers are fully flat again? I would want to get those rubbers onto the blade as soon as I could. If you have that kind of doming those should play like they are very nicely boosted.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
With a very heavy dome you can't even glue the rubbers on a blade because they'll just peel off. They don't need to be fully flat, but flat enough for sticking them to a blade. + I'm not going to question the chinese boosting skills ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
The doming effect and the tension on the topsheet is what would give the a lot of the boosted effect. Why on earth would you want to wait till the rubbers are fully flat again? I would want to get those rubbers onto the blade as soon as I could. If you have that kind of doming those should play like they are very nicely boosted.

Thanks for the info, but I already knew that :) As JustAlt stated the problem is that it is difficult to have a strong bonding between the blade and rubber without the rubber peeling off. So I am just waiting for the rubbers to get relatively flat (more domy than flat :) ) before sticking them on.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews

so after 24 hours if i put the domed rubber under pressure (books) and it gets flat is it ok to use it ? i think it will be ok , cause the only problem caused from the dome is that it will not stick to the blade correctly . i will post some pictures afterwards

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
So what would happen if you just used a little less boost and made it so the rubber domed to a point where you could still press it on the rubber? Rather than waiting all that time, it seems like you are just using too much boost. And I can think of several reasons why a manufacturer would want you to use more boost than you need to in their instructions. Can't you?

If, after a while you need more boost, you can just take off the rubber and add more boost. But putting the boost on, putting so much on that the rubber will keep curling off the blade so you have to wait for it to uncurl and then putting it on will waste your boost and your rubber.

When the sponge expands and the rubber is stretched, the rubber will play like it is boosted. When the effect wears off it is because the sponge has lost some of that expansion, or, the topsheet has stretched enough so there is not tension between the topsheet and the sponge any more. After boosting a certain number of times the rubber will stop having a boosted effect and the topsheet will start losing its grip from being overstretched. Then you have to buy new rubbers and you have used a lot of boost and need to buy more.

From a theoretical standpoint, if you use the right amount of boost you should be able to put the rubber onto the blade almost immediately.

From a theoretical standpoint, if you can put the rubber on the blade before the boost has fully expanded the sponge, it will keep expanding the sponge while on the blade and the blade will keep more of the boost from evaporating so the boost effect will continue to affect the sponge for longer and you will not need to reboost for a longer period.

From a theoretical standpoint, if you put so much boost on your sponge that your sponge expands to the point where you have to wait a week for it to uncurl to put it on your blade, then you are wasting chemicals you could otherwise use later, and prepping your topsheet to wear out quicker without getting the use of it. The rubber deteriorates and downgrades from the stretching. And if you just kept boosting a sponge and letting it return completely to flat over and over again, without ever playing the rubber, eventually, you would have a dead topsheet just from boosting without ever having played the sponge. Just like if you stretch a rubber band out to much and put it on something that keeps it at that length for a long time, you will end up with a dead floppy rubber band that does not stretch and recoil any more.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
H3 S3 1 HOUR.jpgH3 S3 5 HOURS.jpgH3-24H.jpgH3 ANTI DOMED.jpg

i put 4 layers of dian chi in each rubber , 1st pic is after 1hour 2nd pic after 5 hours 3rd pic is after 24 hours

4rth pic is a trick i tried an it worked really fast ! In order to undome the rubber to get flat , i didnt put it under heavy books , but instead i wrapped it up very tightly with tape and formed the opposite dome...the forces applied are much more effective this way instead of putting the rubber under heavy books (encyclopedia etc) which applies vertical forces and not opposite ones .

I tried a small test to see how much speed i got in comparison with a normal H3 unbooster rubber . I let the ball bounce 10 times from 30 cm height and calculated the rebound height

boosted H3 -> rebound = 20 to 22 cm

unboosted H3 - > rebound = 10 to 12 cm

the blade was a timo boll alc

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
@ Carl Horowitz

I get your point and I am totally agreeing with. This is the first time I have tried to boost so I just followed the instructions from ttnpp.com. However I am familiar with the physics when using Booster, but didn't know how the rubbers would react.

But I am a little concerning about your second standpoint... If the bonding between the glue and rubber is stronger than the glue and blade, don't you think it would tear of the blade while expanding?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
So what would happen if you just used a little less boost and made it so the rubber domed to a point where you could still press it on the rubber? Rather than waiting all that time, it seems like you are just using too much boost. And I can think of several reasons why a manufacturer would want you to use more boost than you need to in their instructions. Can't you?

If, after a while you need more boost, you can just take off the rubber and add more boost. But putting the boost on, putting so much on that the rubber will keep curling off the blade so you have to wait for it to uncurl and then putting it on will waste your boost and your rubber.

When the sponge expands and the rubber is stretched, the rubber will play like it is boosted. When the effect wears off it is because the sponge has lost some of that expansion, or, the topsheet has stretched enough so there is not tension between the topsheet and the sponge any more. After boosting a certain number of times the rubber will stop having a boosted effect and the topsheet will start losing its grip from being overstretched. Then you have to buy new rubbers and you have used a lot of boost and need to buy more.

From a theoretical standpoint, if you use the right amount of boost you should be able to put the rubber onto the blade almost immediately.

From a theoretical standpoint, if you can put the rubber on the blade before the boost has fully expanded the sponge, it will keep expanding the sponge while on the blade and the blade will keep more of the boost from evaporating so the boost effect will continue to affect the sponge for longer and you will not need to reboost for a longer period.

From a theoretical standpoint, if you put so much boost on your sponge that your sponge expands to the point where you have to wait a week for it to uncurl to put it on your blade, then you are wasting chemicals you could otherwise use later, and prepping your topsheet to wear out quicker without getting the use of it. The rubber deteriorates and downgrades from the stretching. And if you just kept boosting a sponge and letting it return completely to flat over and over again, without ever playing the rubber, eventually, you would have a dead topsheet just from boosting without ever having played the sponge. Just like if you stretch a rubber band out to much and put it on something that keeps it at that length for a long time, you will end up with a dead floppy rubber band that does not stretch and recoil any more.

carl have you ever boosted with dian chi ? it is 130 ml approximately and the quantity used is so small that it can last for at least a year if you boost 20-30 rubbers a year . So i dont think the manufacturer gives those instructions just for earning more money . In the other hand theoretically you have a point . Is it worth it to wait 6 days ? I will make an experiment with 2 H3 rubbers and check the results of the speed added

1st hurricane will be boosted until all the boost is soaked up (1 day apporoximately) and then stretched at the opposite direction in order to be easy to stick to the blade

2nd huricane will be boosted with the manufacturer manual (6 day waiting)

Then i will test their speed and compare . The key factor is speed / durability and off course the money that a player is willing to spend in order to have the best result . So no matter which rubber will be better in terms of speed its still a relevant issue , bcoz some users may have money to spend , and others dont . Anyway your questions are very logic and i think our tests will help many users

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
@ Carl Horowitz

I get your point and I am totally agreeing with. This is the first time I have tried to boost so I just followed the instructions from ttnpp.com. However I am familiar with the physics when using Booster, but didn't know how the rubbers would react.

But I am a little concerning about your second standpoint... If the bonding between the glue and rubber is stronger than the glue and blade, don't you think it would tear of the blade while expanding?

i totally agree my friend , it is 100 % certain that it would tear of if we put more booster than needed . The question is , does this quantity of booster (which does not allow the rubber to tear of the blade) is enough for the needed speed that a player wants...i ll do my experiments and inform you

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
@ Carl Horowitz

Ultimately, the idea would be to put the right amount of booster on so that you get the desired effect. It looks like this booster is powerful enough so that you don't really need that much. But with other boosters that I have used, I have put the rubber on to my blade before it fully expanded and it was fine. I only realized that it had not fully expanded when I took the rubber off a few days later and then it instantly expanded more. And the times I have done what I said, where you boost and then put the rubber on as soon as you can, the effect from the boost seems to last longer and work really nicely. Once I get a rubber to stay on a blade, I have never had it come off because of the booster. If it came off it was because of the glue or something with the rubber.

But this booster looks pretty powerful. I actually think it is worth trying.

You know it is against the rules to use something that has that effect on your rubbers though, right? I don't care. I play for fun. So a well boosted rubber makes playing more fun for me. :)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
carl have you ever boosted with dian chi ? it is 130 ml approximately and the quantity used is so small that it can last for at least a year if you boost 20-30 rubbers a year . So i dont think the manufacturer gives those instructions just for earning more money . In the other hand theoretically you have a point . Is it worth it to wait 6 days ? I will make an experiment with 2 H3 rubbers and check the results of the speed added

1st hurricane will be boosted until all the boost is soaked up (1 day apporoximately) and then stretched at the opposite direction in order to be easy to stick to the blade

2nd huricane will be boosted with the manufacturer manual (6 day waiting)

Then i will test their speed and compare . The key factor is speed / durability and off course the money that a player is willing to spend in order to have the best result . So no matter which rubber will be better in terms of speed its still a relevant issue , bcoz some users may have money to spend , and others dont . Anyway your questions are very logic and i think our tests will help many users

That will be a good experiment. I am looking forward to hearing how it goes.

Jan 2012
When I boosted my rubber (4 layers) it curled up like hell, I've waited 7 or 8 days, but it barely flatten down after that time. I've just glued it to the blade, it was already playble, but I prefered to let it sit under a few dictionnaries ;)

So I guess 6 days is really the most you want to wait before you can glue it. In my opinion, the rubber is ready after 12 to 40h but it has to be compared to the 6 days method.

I don't really see the whole CNT (not just the Fab Five) preparing a their H3's on their shelves 6 days in advance... and calculating 6 days in advance to boost their sheets in order to have one ready when needed... I think they boost the new rubber (they change them every week or so if I'm not mistaken) one or two days before it's ready to play :p

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
When I boosted my rubber (4 layers) it curled up like hell, I've waited 7 or 8 days, but it barely flatten down after that time. I've just glued it to the blade, it was already playble, but I prefered to let it sit under a few dictionnaries ;)

So I guess 6 days is really the most you want to wait before you can glue it. In my opinion, the rubber is ready after 12 to 40h but it has to be compared to the 6 days method.

I don't really see the whole CNT (not just the Fab Five) preparing a their H3's on their shelves 6 days in advance... and calculating 6 days in advance to boost their sheets in order to have one ready when needed... I think they boost the new rubber (they change them every week or so if I'm not mistaken) one or two days before it's ready to play :p

They get the rubbers boosted from the factory according to every players personal preference. And I don't think they use their forehand rubbers so long that it would need re-boosting(they get 20 fh rubbers per month in A-team). In that "Day with Xu Xin" video he said he changes his bh every seventh(? not sure if I remember correctly) and re-glues in the middle of the period, probably not reboosting though but just to ensure the bond between rubber and blade as the rubber is boosted and may be curling away and such.