The blade off Wang Manyu ??

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
Played 2 matches today, one wmy, one 968, I think the weakness of the wmy is the spin and second jump compared to 968. And maybe that outer and inner make the difference. Close to table wmy better, cause the ball goes out faster from the blade, outer advantage? Short game, I still can't find and blade better than 968.

This user has no status.
Played 2 matches today, one wmy, one 968, I think the weakness of the wmy is the spin and second jump compared to 968. And maybe that outer and inner make the difference. Close to table wmy better, cause the ball goes out faster from the blade, outer advantage? Short game, I still can't find and blade better than 968.
968 do you mean Long 5 National version?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
can you compare wangmanyu stiga blade with ALC or SALC blade of butterfly ?
Compared to other VIS-ALC blades like BTY or Yinhe or South Korean the WMY feels much softer. But the core is more elastic so it kicks the ball more. It doesn't drop the ball like hard BTY blades.
I think it's also more handle-heavy than most blades, which makes sense since the handle is more fat than other blades.
The passive speed is pretty on par with Viscaria but once you start hitting harder it's faster even than the Zhou Qihao S-ALC. Maybe if you swing harder it reminds me a bit of Mizutani SZLC just softer and not as fast.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
So I am pleased to tell you this arrived today - 89g as requested and freq is 1418hz which coincidentally is identical to my Ovtcharov ALC.

I have put a sheet of Q Power and Z2 on FH/BH which is the same as on the Ovtcharov, so I can compare.

Head shape is different and balance slightly different but handle size fairly similar.

On bounce test it feels a little crisper and more like the Outer blade that it is.

Can't wait to try it in earnest in the weeks coming..

Attachments

• IMG_2609-1.JPG
    IMG_2609-1.JPG
    143.7 KB · Views: 57
This user has no status.
Can
So I am pleased to tell you this arrived today - 89g as requested and freq is 1418hz which coincidentally is identical to my Ovtcharov ALC.

I have put a sheet of Q Power and Z2 on FH/BH which is the same as on the Ovtcharov, so I can compare.

Head shape is different and balance slightly different but handle size fairly similar.

On bounce test it feels a little crisper and more like the Outer blade that it is.

Can't wait to try it in earnest in the weeks coming.

Cant wait to read the comparison

Reactions: Wrighty67
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Vì vậy, tôi vui mừng thông báo với bạn rằng sản phẩm này đã đến vào hôm nay - 89g theo yêu cầu và tần số là 1418hz, trùng hợp với Ovtcharov ALC của tôi.

Tôi đã đặt một bảng Q Power và Z2 trên FH/BH giống như trên Ovtcharov để tôi có thể so sánh.

Hình dạng đầu khác nhau và độ cân bằng hơi khác nhau nhưng kích thước tay cầm khá giống nhau.

Trong bài kiểm tra độ nảy, nó có cảm giác sắc nét hơn một chút và giống với lưỡi dao bên ngoài hơn.

Nóng lòng muốn thử nó một cách nghiêm túc trong những tuần tới..
hope to see your review soon

Reactions: Wrighty67
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
After a few training sessions and competitions, I can report briefly on the blade.

It really does offer everything my heart desires. It has a great feel, supports my topspin very well and has enough power for playing near the table and from half distance. With the Dignics 05 on the forehand and Dignics 80 on the backhand, I can attack, block, shoot and push on both sides very well. On the positive side, the ball is gripped extremely well and it is easy to activate the core of the blade (hit through the blade).

Compared to the Stiga Inspira Hybrid Carbon, I have more control, albeit a little less power and a slightly more indirect feel, reminiscent of a wood blade. Nevertheless, the ball impact is clear enough to say that it is easy to play with precision. I am so glad I found my new blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
Early days for me on this blade but I have had about 3-4h play with it using the Q Power/Z2 combo and switching out with my Ovtcharov. One thing is for sure - they are quite different in feel. The Stiga feels livelier and more dynamic. It also feels a fair bit crisper and seems to provide a bigger arc to topspin shots. The Q Power honestly feels like a different rubber (and sounds like one) on this blade. I would liken it to a Viscaria or Boll ALC but with a little more control and feel.

Initially, I found the feeling of the blade to lead me to think it was faster and harder to control, but once I played a bit more I realised this is not the case - speed and power feel similar to the Ovtcharov but the way it delivers it is different. I found the transition to this blade easier on my BH and harder to adjust on my FH (maybe attributable to the higher arc)

My instinct is that this blade will suit a more tacky hybrid rubber than the Q power on FH and so I am going to put on a sheet of DNA Hybrid H and a sheet of DNA platinum H on BH (which I know already and find it quite similar to Z2) The D09c I have on my other Ovtcharov may also be a good fit as it is slightly harder and tackier.

The handle feels quite different too - I have been playing with Butterfly blades for a while and am used to their handle profiles, whereas this Master handle is a nice size but with a slightly flatter feeling. Balance of the blade is fairly middle to me - also like the Ovtcharov, so neither handle or head heavy - it feels good in hand. Total weight with the Q Power/Z2 was 193g and with the Stiga rubbers is now 187g.

I will report back after trying it tonight in some games.

says [IMG]
Just received mine. Overall quality looks decent. So glad this blade does not have the metal lense but instead the good old plastic one. Weight is 88.4gr and I had to sand the wings slightly (which I always do with Stiga blades)

Not sure which rubbers to put on these. Still have some Hybrid MK which I might try first. Next week, I expect Mantra Pro M and H. Just hope that the very thin top layer doesn't mind switching rubbers (a lot).

Let's see if this blade adds that little extra to replace my lovely Infinity.