The last tacky DHS rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
I've played with DHS rubbers all my life.

For many years, H3 had been my favourite until DHS took the tack off H3. H3 with even less tack than D09C, hardly grip the ball and has poor control.

For the love of Xu Xin and tackiness, I switched to TG2 (or Skyline 2) for its supreme control and spin. I had been happy for many years.

The moment I have feared has come, DHS has decided to change TG2 to non-tacky 😖 😖 😖 😖. I bought this in December 2023 from a reputable seller in China.

IMG_4150.jpg

I don’t think it’s intended as much as a fact of change in production method. Time will tell if the stickiness comes back.

I just got a sheet from TT11, and it was stickier than the previous one, definitely more so than my G09C but less than Bloom power…

I actually like this variant, because it attract less dust and the stickiness seem not to change too much over time. The grip is still superior.

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: IB66
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
I don’t think it’s intended as much as a fact of change in production method. Time will tell if the stickiness comes back.

I just got a sheet from TT11, and it was stickier than the previous one, definitely more so than my G09C but less than Bloom power…

I actually like this variant, because it attract less dust and the stickiness seem not to change too much over time. The grip is still superior.

Cheers
L-zr

Agree. It’s still grippy.

But my technique has been trained with really tacky rubbers over many many years I will keep using tacky rubber.

Reactions: IB66
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
DHS has decided to change TG2 to non-tacky?
We haven't heard anything like that lately.

This is the first TG2 being non tacky. Stocks sold in China tend to have a very high turnover so I would say this sheet is among the first new non tacky TG2 topsheet.

Bear in mind this is the expensive blue sponge TG2 so we can rule out QC issue.

Reactions: ttarc and IB66
says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Definitely no tackiness at all??
Shame that the ‘classic’ rubbers are changing, DHS should keep the tacky version and just relabel a new version as H3 / H3 Neo NT (no tack)
The sheet of Blue H9 I have has more tackiness compared to many newer Hybrid rubbers, it’s similar to H8-80, very slightly less.

K3 Has little tackiness, basically it only just qualifies as a hybrid as far as I’m concerned!!

Reactions: lodro
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Shame that the ‘classic’ rubbers are changing, DHS should keep the tacky version and just relabel a new version as H3 / H3 Neo NT (no tack)
My thought exactly. I consider it unfair to completely change the well known qualities of a rubber without re-labeling it. How can we recommend a rubber to some fellow players when they then end up purchasing a completely different product .
Of course making a new rubber needs some investment and "tooling up" and then there is the process with ITTF etc.
Still, a product like the classic H3 commercial should always be consistent.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
It is very unfair. Although only few, less than 20% of our club members play tacky rubbers, it caused a lot of confusion.

For example, people buying the normal H3N sheet (the one with black 3), expect a tacky sheet. But the switch of formula happened to some of the old packaging. So it’s a lottery if you get a tacky or non tacky sheet.

Reactions: ben1229
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
Too much stickiness makes troubles a lot.

Yes, an excessive amount of surface gloss is the problem. Because of special surface treatment the sticky rubbers will sometimes fail in the glossiness test.

Beware of the gloss maximum limit of 24%.

Last edited:
Reactions: SFF_lib and bobpuls