WINNING G-Wave 120 & G-Wave 80

says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
This is a first look at at rubber by Winning called G-wave, there appear to be 2 versions available. G-wave 80 and 120.
According to the packaging the 80 and 120 stand for the amount of tackiness the rubbers have.
80 has less tackiness and 120 higher tackiness.
I’m not sure how long these rubbers have been available? Or wether they are still being manufactured?
In this post the G-wave 120 is the black rubber, and the G-wave 80 red.
On the packaging the G-wave 120 has a sponge hardness of 58 to 60 degrees, a blue dense sponge. The G-wave 80 has a black sponge with a 50 degree rating. pore size is slightly larger than the blue sponge, but still fairly dense. 2.1mm thick.

BCB8D15C-24A9-4183-8E57-1F869100423F.jpeg
8FE211B7-F534-46C4-BEEA-2F5ED547AD68.jpeg

I don’t usually boost rubbers, but decided to apply 2 layers of Seamoon to both of the sheets.
579AA117-9787-4CA9-B0DF-F2B8D38A7F55.jpeg
FA882B22-83B5-41AD-AB89-157AD87927EE.jpeg

The link above is a short video showing the tackiness, and winning appear to be correct in their estimations of tackiness levels
G-wave 80 has good tackiness and the 120 excellent!! The video was filmed directly after gluing, so out of the pack tackiness, the tackiness could reduce over time.
Winning say these rubbers perform better after a couple of hours play.

I have had a quick session serving, maybe 20 balls with each rubber, the G-wave 80 has good spin, is more lively and feels slightly softer. The G-wave 120 has more spin potential, has a harder feel and is slower.
I also hit a couple of topspin’s straight out of the hand and the G80 has a slightly higher throw, is quicker and the kick was more pronounced, but I’d take this with a pinch of salt as harder sponge with high tackiness really need a bit more effort to get the best from the rubber!!!
over the weekend I’ll give them a go playing v my robot and posy some more after the weekend.

This appears to be an interesting rubber, and considering the move to less tacky Hybrid and H3 rubber options, I really hope this rubber is still generally available. It may be a good option for tacky rubber users. Hopefully the durability will be good as well.

says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
Colestt had been carrying these for a while, been curious to try them but haven't placed an order yet. I might have to buy some now. The ESN55-60 degree hardness is supposed to be similar to DHS 41 degree, right?

Reactions: IB66
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
This is a first look at at rubber by Winning called G-wave, there appear to be 2 versions available. G-wave 80 and 120.
According to the packaging the 80 and 120 stand for the amount of tackiness the rubbers have.
I’m not sure how long these rubbers have been available? Or wether they are still being manufactured?
On the packaging the G-wave 120 has a sponge hardness of 58 to 60 degrees, a blue dense sponge. The G-wave 80 has a black sponge with a 50 degree rating. pore size is slightly larger than the blue sponge, but still fairly dense. 2.1mm thick.

View attachment 28774View attachment 28775
I don’t usually boost rubbers, but decided to apply 2 layers of Seamoon to both of the sheets.View attachment 28772View attachment 28773
The link above is a short video showing the tackiness, and winning appear to be correct in their estimations of tackiness levels
G-wave 80 has good tackiness and the 120 excellent!! The video was filmed directly after gluing, so out of the pack tackiness, the tackiness could reduce over time.

I have had a quick session serving, maybe 20 balls with each rubber, the G-wave 80 has good spin, is more lively and feels slightly softer. The G-wave 120 has more spin potential, has a harder feel and is slower.
I also hit a couple of topspin’s straight out of the hand and the G80 has a slightly higher throw, is quicker and the kick was more pronounced, but I’d take this with a pinch of salt as harder sponge with high tackiness really need a bit more effort to get the best from the rubber!!!
over the weekend I’ll give them a go playing v my robot and posy some more after the weekend.

This appears to be an interesting rubber, and considering the move to less tacky Hybrid and H3 rubber options, I really hope this rubber is still generally available. It may be a good option for tacky rubber users. Hopefully the durability will be good as well.
The winning offical shop is in hk. They have viscaria clone for 300 hkd, super zlc clone for 450 hkd, and more. They have evrything but its basically a branded clone.

Reactions: IB66
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
g-wave 80 sounds like a potential option for backhand

i hope u get to test it on your BH
I’ll be trying both on FH & BH, although the GW120 is likely to be too hard / dead / for BH
The winning offical shop is in hk. They have viscaria clone for 300 hkd, super zlc clone for 450 hkd, and more. They have evrything but its basically a branded clone.
Do you know what the G-wave rubbers are clones of!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Actually the brand Winning is a store in HK Wan Chai. I have been to it. It's a pretty OK store. I was looking around a bit but haven't seen their own rubbers on display. Their pricing of 140HKD is slightly above H3N in their store. It's a pitty they didn't recommend it I would have just bought a sheet for the heck of it.

For sure it's made by 729 or some other Chinese factory, so that should be about your hopes. I suspect 729 since on the Winning website they sell many colors and a lot of thicknesses.

Reactions: Choosikick and IB66
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Actually the brand Winning is a store in HK Wan Chai. I have been to it. It's a pretty OK store. I was looking around a bit but haven't seen their own rubbers on display. Their pricing of 140HKD is slightly above H3N in their store. It's a pitty they didn't recommend it I would have just bought a sheet for the heck of it.

For sure it's made by 729 or some other Chinese factory, so that should be about your hopes. I suspect 729 since on the Winning website they sell many colors and a lot of thicknesses.
The other name on the packaging is Komann, so this company probably own the ‘Winning’ brand. Komann make some accessories- bat cases, barriers etc and a particularly handy collapsible magnetic ball bag, which is ideal for multi ball practice. It holds plenty of balls, has a strong magnetic strip sown into one side, as long as the table has a metal edging
the bag sticks to the side of the table. Also has zipped lid, without balls in the bags it folds down flat.

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Today I had some hitting time with my robot.
GW 80 with the 50 degree sponge is faster, and spinny, it can be used for both FH and BH. The GW 120 is slower and harder, and has a bit more spin.
The GW 120 is definitely more suited for use on the FH wing. I haven’t got enough room to step back and play some stronger loops, but I can see this rubber doing well for mid distance looping with good technique and strength, similar to that required for H3 or other Chinese rubbers.
Both of the sponges reacted well to 2 layers of Seamoon booster, and domed up nicely, perhaps the GW120 could have done with another layer to soften it up a little more. I’m no expert when it comes to boosting, but decided to boost these for some fun, and the fact that the topsheet of the 120 is fairly firm and when combined with a 58 - 60 degree sponge has a pretty hard feel.
Throw angles - GW80 medium, GW120 medium/low.
Vs back spin -
- GW80 BH - very nice, reasonable spin, pretty easy to use.
- GW120 BH - more effort required, when performed correctly open ups had slightly more spin, but to get speed fast racket speed is needed , no as easy to use as the GW80
GW120 FH - very controllable due to the slower pace, good spin, easy (ish) to use, more difficult to produce pace on the open ups.
GW80 FH - Better for me than the GW120, for the extra pace available, just as easy to use, good spin, controllable even though faster. The robot produces high back spin and I hit some really fast penetrating attacking shots that the GW120 couldn’t compete with (in my hands anyway)
Serving-
- I preferred the GW120 slightly more than the GW80. I could use a fast wrist action and bat speed with a little more security than with the GW80, spin levels are good / high with both of these rubbers.

From this session I think the GW 80 is better suited on both FH and BH for my abilities, but with only 30min playing time these rubbers are not broken in properly!!!

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Today I was at the 1st day of a service training course, day 1 of 4, the 1st 3 hrs I used the set up on my profile, after lunch I changed to a Drinkhall defensive classic blade with the G-wave rubbers on it, FH GW120, BH GW80. Absolutely no noticeable need for technique changes.
The GW80 is as fast and as spinny as the Loki Arthur China. The GW120 feels a little harder than the Battle 3 has as much spin, possibly very slightly slower.
GW80 on BH is really very nice, tonight one of the juniors I help coach, used the bat because his had a crack in the wing (closer inspection revealed a small split to the top veneer) He really liked the the GW80, the GW120 was ‘ok’ but he is use to his Joola Rhyzer Fire!! Perhaps a bit too hard and slow compared to his set up.
Serving with the GW120 was very good, high spin capability. You can really release your wrist for a fast brushing motion, because it’s not bouncy it allows a little more margin for error.
I’m going to use the GW all day tomorrow, then it will be broken in!!
If you like Tacky Chinese rubbers then the G-Wave rubbers are well worth trying. I got my sheets for £30 per sheet (€35) from Bribar, which isn’t cheap but no more expensive than some 729 or DHS rubbers. Hopefully it’s durability will be good.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022

View attachment 28774View attachment 28775
I don’t usually boost rubbers, but decided to apply 2 layers of Seamoon to both of the sheets.View attachment 28772View attachment 28773

Where did you buy them and how much are they?

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Today I swapped the sheet of Battle 3 on my match set up for the G-Wave 120 (Gw120)
Battle 3 (B3) is a decent rubber but doesn’t have the spin potential of Gw120 or Loki Arthur China (LAC)
B3’s lack of spin was very noticeable when serving in comparison to the other 2.
I’ll give the Gw120 a go for a couple of weeks or so to see how it really plays. It’s likely to be a give and take / trade off situation, Gw120 has a lower throw and is a little slower than the B3, but has higher spin potential. LAC has as much spin as the Gw120 but is much quicker than B3 & Gw120, the sponge is very lively in comparison.
I’ll also get a sheet of Loki Ruxton 9 at some point to give that a trial paired with the GW80.

Reactions: latej