The Pro's Equipment - Discussion!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Samuel Walker uses Donic Crest OFF with BlueFire M1 on both sides.

25527469615_e3dba7c175_b.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
I have been watching Dyjas Jakub matches and i like very much this player.
It seems the blade is a Donic Waldner Dicon. But in other forum people say is a Timo boll Zlf with Dicon handle.
Does anyone what he use ?

Thanks !

Ma Long has been using hurricane3 for both sides since early 2015 I think.
FH: hurricane 3 national team version 2.10/41 of blue sponge with his name printed on the sponge
BH:hurricane 3 national team version 2.10/37 of orange sponge with his name printed on the sponge

Reactions: Suga D
says Hi there Tompa8888, Thank you for asking my opinion. It...
says Hi there Tompa8888, Thank you for asking my opinion. It...
Mar 2015
Read 37 reviews
More details if possible.

If someone knows a current setup of a player that is good. As far as I know and see from sponsored players, they recieve their equipment without standard packaging. Most of the rubbers are custom made to fit their personal needs like: bit softer topsheet, bit harder sponge... If I'm lucky I will have the chance to get some MX-P sheets. I was also shown M1 sheets and they are distinguished by prited code on their sponge, that determines the sponsored player. I looked up my collection and some pictures from the web and no such markings can be seen on those.

I don't want to offend anyone, but cloning the pro's equipment is only good for guidance, as far as it seems an usual player will never experience the true Ma Long/Timo Boll/Liu Shiwen/Ding Ning equipment feeling. Because if they even have matchig rubber sheets I would bet my blade on it (signed by J.O. Waldner) that those rubbers are different in at least one feature (not colour). We all hear and read stories of the miracously good chinese sheets, that good sponsored players recieve.

So if you know anything more about an equipment, like desirable weight/ hardness ( I was amazed, when Timo posted an official weighing picture with only 178g) please feel free to share, thay may be speculations, but they won't be more inaccurate as the wisible plain facts of pictures.

Btw.: As Stiga is the main "sponsor" of the chinese team, some use custom blades with well known blade handles for marketing purposes. Nowdays the media is full with Fan ZD changing to Carbonado 190, maybe this will be true for me it is clearly wisible in his game and the equipment pictures also.

Sorry for the long post, but I feel that, even if I know the equipment specs of a pro, I'm still in the dark.