Tibhar Evolution FX-D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
I have the fx-d on bh and fh and quite like it, but would like to to go up a notch in speed for fh. Mxp may be an option but I worry I will loose too much control. Which tibhar rubber (or other brand) would you suggest? A bit more speed than fx-d but nothing crazy speedy.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
matti,

The natural evolution is to stay with the same topsheet and move up in firmness, so EL-D would be an obvious choice.

Another one would be Tibhar Aurus, it is simply easy to do most of your frequent shots with it... and the top end is there on big impacts... and this rubber been on the market forever... and it is very reasonably priced. When I make a larger order at tabletennis11.com I can get it around 30 Euros a sheet. Not bad at all for a top performing rubber.

Reactions: matti77
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Hello everyone,
Has anyone ever tried the FXD on the forehand instead of the ELD?
I've now tested the ELD a few times on the forehand and I really think the rubber is really nice for an offensive, forehand-oriented looping game.

The only thing that unfortunately happens more often in my game is that the balls like to go long and fly over the table (active as well as passive balls).

How do you think playing an FXD instead of the ELD would change the game on the offensive forehand?
What would be the pros and cons of each?

I am playing the ELD in 1.9 would test the FXD as well then in 1.9 if it makes sense.

I've been playing an FX-S on the BH for a long time and I'm very satisfied with it.

mat

This user has no status.

mat

This user has no status.
Apr 2019
I've tried both the FX-P and FX-S, how different is the FX-D from the FX-S?
Also used the EL-D for a month, wonder if the FX-D has the same topsheet as the EL-D but with a softer sponge?
Hi, whats the differemce between FX-P and FX-S?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
Hi, whats the differemce between FX-P and FX-S?
If you've tried the FX-P, it's basically like an MXP topsheet with a softer sponge.
The FX-S is a totally different rubber, sponge a bit harder and less porous, topsheet is grippier.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
Hello everyone,
Has anyone ever tried the FXD on the forehand instead of the ELD?
I've now tested the ELD a few times on the forehand and I really think the rubber is really nice for an offensive, forehand-oriented looping game.

The only thing that unfortunately happens more often in my game is that the balls like to go long and fly over the table (active as well as passive balls).

How do you think playing an FXD instead of the ELD would change the game on the offensive forehand?
What would be the pros and cons of each?

I am playing the ELD in 1.9 would test the FXD as well then in 1.9 if it makes sense.

I've been playing an FX-S on the BH for a long time and I'm very satisfied with it.
Haven't tried FXD yet so no comment, hopefully someone who has tried FXD on fh will comment :)
I wonder if the FXD will be good for flat hitting on fh.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
matti,

The natural evolution is to stay with the same topsheet and move up in firmness, so EL-D would be an obvious choice.

Another one would be Tibhar Aurus, it is simply easy to do most of your frequent shots with it... and the top end is there on big impacts... and this rubber been on the market forever... and it is very reasonably priced. When I make a larger order at tabletennis11.com I can get it around 30 Euros a sheet. Not bad at all for a top performing rubber.
I know that you're an advocate of the Tibhar Aurus, I never liked the vanilla Aurus, but I think the Aurus Soft I really liked. I think maybe the vanilla Aurus is just more picky in terms of blade compatibility. What are your blade selections for the vanilla Aurus? Thanks.

mat

This user has no status.

mat

This user has no status.
Apr 2019
How do you categorise FX-D in speed, arc, control, hardness, compare to Yasaka rakza 7 soft or C1 or BF 05fx?

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I know that you're an advocate of the Tibhar Aurus, I never liked the vanilla Aurus, but I think the Aurus Soft I really liked. I think maybe the vanilla Aurus is just more picky in terms of blade compatibility. What are your blade selections for the vanilla Aurus? Thanks.
I think Aurus can work well on most any blade. I think you get more out of it on faster/stiffer blades...

Reactions: TheProfessor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Haven't tried FXD yet so no comment, hopefully someone who has tried FXD on fh will comment :)
I wonder if the FXD will be good for flat hitting on fh.
When I use it, I use on BH... and I can flat hit the PISS outta the ball, especially if there is some incoming spin. You crack it right with FX-D, you see the stuff fly outta that ball and hear that puppy scream it is like a gigantic puppy accident.

Reactions: TheProfessor