Tibhar MX-P alternative.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Well nothing really, the closest thing is V15 Extra, but it's a bit different. MX-P topsheet is nothing that particularly special but its super large pored sponge is.
If you want a topsheet upgrade you should look at MX-S, that topsheet is vastly superior regarding spin potential. MX-P is actually a pretty good compromise rubber, since it's very easy to use since it is soft, and squishy. Sure it is bouncy as hell but that is something one needs to tame.

For someone with good technique and good power I would suggest MX-S on FH and V>15 extra on BH.
Someone with less great BH side I would suggest MX-S on FH and MX-P on BH.
If BH is just for blocking then just get Aurus Select. Aurus Select is still very capable in everything while being very easy to use.

If you are very good on BH and FH and have great power just get MX-S on both sides. I think from the Evolution series it is the best rubber. MX-S is between T05 and D80 if one can utilize is it is a monster rubber.
How is V15 compared to G1 and MXP?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
How is V15 compared to G1 and MXP?
V15 extra has the same magic as G1 but faster. However one needs to swing harder to get it. G1 is easier to achieve due to the superior grip. But G1 is not so bouncy. V15 you need to use power to get the grip. But if you get said grip V15 gives you more than G1.
G1 is by far the most durable of all ESN I have seen. It is not joke unkillable.
MXP is decent in every aspect, good durability, good weight, superb speed, good spin. It is a compromise rubber.

The biggest disadvantage of MX-P is that is shrinks like there's no tomorrow, while V>15 extra and G1 doesn't.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
V15 extra has the same magic as G1 but faster. However one needs to swing harder to get it. G1 is easier to achieve due to the superior grip. But G1 is not so bouncy. V15 you need to use power to get the grip. But if you get said grip V15 gives you more than G1.
G1 is by far the most durable of all ESN I have seen. It is not joke unkillable.
MXP is decent in every aspect, good durability, good weight, superb speed, good spin. It is a compromise rubber.

The biggest disadvantage of MX-P is that is shrinks like there's no tomorrow, while V>15 extra and G1 doesn't.
Is V15 as fast and bouncy as MXP?

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Well, the offensive game is going great, the short game not so much, but I have a lot more fun with it. I do not want to give up my offensive edge, therefore I tolerate a weakness in the short game. I have gotten over the spin sensitivity as well.
For me Tenergy lasts only marginally longer so a cheaper option would be nice, but I think that’s utopia…

Cheers
L-zr
Nittaku Hammond Z2 for Tenergy 05, only thing similar.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
I don't think there is a rubber with significantly better durability than MXP.

If you want better cost-performance, your best solution would be either AK47-red or Friendship Aurora Max boosted with seamoon.

The Aurora reacts tremendously to seamoon and becomes very very fast and bouncy, more than MXP.
MX-P doesn't last long, especially if you factor in the big change after the factory booster runs out in about 2 weeks, and how much the rubber shrinks if you have / want to re-glue it.

G-1 has the best cost-performance by far.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016

From what I hear, V>15 Extra is heavier than most.

If that so?

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
MX-P only is good for 2 weeks, once time passed magic is gone.....
Our friend soon to register and post on TTD, the one and only Sergey Tsos so loves used up over the hill MX-P that he will pay for international postage to send him your expired unwanted sheets of MX-P... then he will slap them on his Ovtcharov Carbon and go to work crushing opponents with a spin first and ask questions later mentality. :D