Tibhar Nimbus Series vs Donic Acuda Series

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
I tried them only for a session, on different blades and it was a few years back, so I won't make an exact comparision, but:
both of them is on the same category: easy to use attacking rubber
Both insensitive to the incoming spin. Maybe, maybe the Nimbus was faster than the S2, however a little less spinny. I would say an ideal rubber for aggressive blocking or driving over the table. Acuda is very easy to use, you can do whatever you want. It's much softer than MX-S you listed in your signature. Both rubber is bouncier and less spinny. If you play over the table blocking then not a bad option, however if you want to chop, then forget them except Acuda S3. If you want to lob and loop, then I recommend S2. S1 is very different from MX-S, so not really.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
I have only tried Nimbus so far, but it was boosted so it was quite soft so can't make a proper judgement...

In direct comparison, Nimbus unboosted should feel a little harder than Acuda S2.

What sets them apart is that Nimbus is from an early Tensor Generation which favoured speed/catapult over spin.
Acuda is constructed the other way round.

Both have their fans, both can still be valuable, but if you play Chinese on one side and Aurus select (newest Tensor) on the other, I don´t see what you´d be looking for in them.

This user has no status.
In direct comparison, Nimbus unboosted should feel a little harder than Acuda S2.

What sets them apart is that Nimbus is from an early Tensor Generation which favoured speed/catapult over spin.
Acuda is constructed the other way round.

Both have their fans, both can still be valuable, but if you play Chinese on one side and Aurus select (newest Tensor) on the other, I don´t see what you´d be looking for in them.

I'm just genuinely curious, as I'm a Tibhar distributor in my Country and find it weird that a lot of people have been asking me to stock Tibhar Nimbus and Nimbus Soft. So I wanted to know what they're about and I'm more familiar with Acuda and I thought they might have been from the same gen. So what is Tibhar's equivalent to the Acuda series? Is it the Q series? Which sadly only has the 5Q left in production ..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
So what is Tibhar's equivalent to the Acuda series?

Difficult to say. Genius appeared around the same time as Baracuda and Hexer. For some reason, when Genius got more versions (Sound, Optimum, Optimum Sound) with Hexer doing the same, Donic dropped the "Bara" bit and introduced Acuda, only using Baracuda again on Big Slam. This is also the time when things got confusing - Tibhar followed Genius with 1Q/5Q but clearly the next evolution was, errm, Evolution.

This is what I mean with different recipes as opposed to clearly recognisable generations anymore. You can have a brand new rubber like Omega 7, but it´s not the newest Technology. You can have a "new" rubber from a company like TSP and you get the feeling it´s an older rubber re-branded.

Nimbus and Nimbus soft are still great rubbers for many levels. You can give a thin Nimbus soft to beginners, or maybe upgrade beginners from classic rubbers to Nimbus soft after an initial learning Phase. They are inexpensive, which makes up for the fact that they wear out more quickly than later Rubbers like Genius or 5Q.

This user has no status.
Difficult to say. Genius appeared around the same time as Baracuda and Hexer. For some reason, when Genius got more versions (Sound, Optimum, Optimum Sound) with Hexer doing the same, Donic dropped the "Bara" bit and introduced Acuda, only using Baracuda again on Big Slam. This is also the time when things got confusing - Tibhar followed Genius with 1Q/5Q but clearly the next evolution was, errm, Evolution.

This is what I mean with different recipes as opposed to clearly recognisable generations anymore. You can have a brand new rubber like Omega 7, but it´s not the newest Technology. You can have a "new" rubber from a company like TSP and you get the feeling it´s an older rubber re-branded.

Nimbus and Nimbus soft are still great rubbers for many levels. You can give a thin Nimbus soft to beginners, or maybe upgrade beginners from classic rubbers to Nimbus soft after an initial learning Phase. They are inexpensive, which makes up for the fact that they wear out more quickly than later Rubbers like Genius or 5Q.

True enough, the only 1Q's I can get from Tibhar now are 1QXD in 1.7mm hehe as they offer them on clearance. So some merchants may actually be stocking them still. I guess that's why ESN gens are confusing, plus you also have the Aurus series which I guess doesn't have another brand's equivalent as well.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Aurus series which I guess doesn't have another brand's equivalent as well.

Yes. Appearing around the same time as Acudas, they may have been from the same generation, even the same recipe, but Tibhar chose a stiffer topsheet.
The Prime and Select versions though, they are the newest stuff. Everybody else gave it a new Name (Rasanter, bluestorm, Rhyzer, Nexxus), only Tibhar buried the idea in an "old" rubber series.

This user has no status.
Yes. Appearing around the same time as Acudas, they may have been from the same generation, even the same recipe, but Tibhar chose a stiffer topsheet.
The Prime and Select versions though, they are the newest stuff. Everybody else gave it a new Name (Rasanter, bluestorm, Rhyzer, Nexxus), only Tibhar buried the idea in an "old" rubber series.

True enough, just like they did with Nimbus with the Nimbus Delta. Select is really good though. A top player in my place uses Select on my both sides on his Lebesson blade.