Timo Boll ALC Chinese rubber combination

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Yeah, but that's National version. Mine's just the commercial ones because National rubbers here are quite expensive..And besides, I'm not boosting my rubbers.

Chinese tacky rubbers (with a few exceptions like blue whale tuned or grip S) are made to be boosted. They are too slow and too hard to play unboosted.

The hurricane/skyline series were so successful back in 2000-2001 because they were very effective along with speed glue. Now speed glue is replaced by boosters, not the same effect but are very good if you like tacky rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2012
If you boost DHS rubber with dian chi u want to use 4 layers for the first time then you need to reboost it with only one layer around every month, with SEAMON you want to use Two layers initialy and then when the boosting effect is gone you reboost it with one layer. One bottle of Dian Chi will last you probably for a year or maybe more and the SEAMON probably even two years ...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2012
U first put Water based glue on the sponge, i personally use Dian Chi water based glue. 4 layers everytime use hair dryer on the glue till it change colour from white to transculent then next layer and so on. Then i put one layer of Dian Chi. It take about 5 6 mins for the first layer to dry, this time naturally no hair dryer. Then second layer, this time it takes about 10-15 mins to dry, then 3rd layer, it takes about an hour or so to dry. By this time your rubber will start curling and you just put the last layer and leave the rubber for 5-6 days then you just put one layer of glue on the blade and you can play for one month with the rubber you haven't even dreamt about IMHO cause boosted h3 is a beast. Then you just put it down from the blade and if you manage to do it without damaging the glue layer on the spong just put one layer of booster right there one layer of glue on the blade and you are happilly reboosted for next month. But be patient the layers of booster should be thin and you want to spread them evenly that is the key.

Oh and i forgot to mention i put my rubber into a box from shoes when drying cause in my opinion new h3 smells just disgusting and this prevent from spreading the smell and protect the glue layer from getting full of mess.
It may sound as long and not easy process but i think the results are just worth trying :)

Last edited:
Reactions: revulucao
This user has no status.
I've tried putting baby oil in the sponge of my Skyline tg3 neo rubber and left it for two days inside a zip-lock...and yesterday when I played with it, all i can say is "Wow!"..I have full control of the rubber even when it plays faster than before..I beat my fellow varsity player 3-0(he defeated me in the last 2 games we had at 3-2)...and also I beat a pips player 3-1..I'm really starting to like TG3 Neo for my game..But I think wearing China team Li-Ning shirts during play adds some psychological effect to me.LOL

Thank you all for your suggestions in rubbers, but I think I'll stay with my TG3 Neo for FH.:)

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Maybe try a Globe 999 ? Or friendship rubbers? (although i dont know if they are chinese, but they have similar characterisitcs)

Globe 999 is an excellent allround OFF topsheet that works well with many sponges, that is why it is so popular licenced with so many TT manufacturers to date.

H3 NEO is also an excellent BH rubber that can also work on FH in a pinch.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Read 4 reviews
Well im using a timo boll alc with skyline tg 3 nat blue sponge.im not tuning it cause is it fast enough.i have a brush technique and i must say it is quite fast and spinny.drive loops are a little bit more difficult but extremely fast (u have to be in optimal position)..all in all i think h3 or skyline work very good on alc.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Read 4 reviews
What.. This is an old thread! Haha. I am not playing with Chinese rubbers anymore although I've just bought Spinart (tacky Spring Sponge rubber) and my blade is now allwood(clipper cr).
Changing to allwood seems the best decision so far in terms of improving my touch, power, and technique..
ups.sorry :p
didnt even check how old it was :)

To be honest DHS rubbers are not suited for the Timo Boll ALC.

Are you joking ? dumbest thing i've read so far on a table tennis forum. Ma Long played a long time with TBS+H3, he played also with TB-ALC+H3 (TBS and TB-alc basically the same blades). Fan Zhendong played with viscaria (not far from TB-alc) + H3, same for Zhang Jike.

Viscaria familly (Viscaria, TBS, Tb-ALC, Zjk, Zjk alc) is awesome with chinese rubbers, and this combination has won a ton of titles, more than ANY other combination in fact.

Last edited:
Reactions: anchorschmidt