Timo Boll withdraws from the European Top 12 - 2012

The second most important table tennis tournament in Europe after the European Championships is the Europe Top 12. Former Top 12 winner in 2002, 2003, 2006, 2009 and in 2010 Timo Boll has had to unfortunately withdraw himself from the European Top 12 which begins on the 4th February 2012. Timo Boll's compatriot Patrick Baum has also had to withdraw from the Championships due to a suspected knee and thigh injury.

bollms.jpg

Timo Boll: Photo by: MS

As cited on TischTennis.de Timo Boll quoted, "Before our home World Championships and Olympic games I have to adjust my competition schedule and even if it's hard for me I have to cancel some tournaments. I really enjoy playing the European Top 12 and it has a long tradition but in such an important year the focus lies on the 2 main events. "

And Jörg Roßkopf supports him in reducing his events and says he has to increase his training amount till the team championships a lot because of some deficits there.

We wish Timo Boll the best of luck in preparing for the major events to come this year. The draw has changed with 2 replacement players. Click here for the latest draw.

Enjoy the Championships everyone
Source: tischtennis.de

TableTennisDaily

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Boll has also withdrawn from next week's Qatar Open. And he won't play in Kuwait either, but that was already planned previously.