Top 10 Craziest Table Tennis Shots of 2017!

Vote for your favourite shot of 2017!

• Jan Ove Waldner No Look Shot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Koki Niwa Casual Block

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Feng Yalan Swap Hand Shot

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Timo Boll Swap Hand Shot in T"

• Romain Ruiz Backhand Strawberry Flick

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Timo Boll Dive

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Xu Xin Around The Net

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Xu Xin Wiggly Shot (The Snake)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Andrej Gacina Swap Hand Shot

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Stephane Ouaiche Backhand

• Total voters
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
---Top 10 Craziest Table Tennis Shots of 2017! ---

The year of 2017 will be one to remember! There were so many epic shots in 2017, we struggling to fit them all in this top 10 video below! There were so many swap hand and unpredictable shots!

Throughout the year of 2017, TableTennisDaily users have been submitting insane table tennis shots and points in the topic which you can find here to keep a track of the very best moments in the table tennis world!

TTD have compiled a tribute together of the wackiest and craziest table tennis shots of 2017! Be sure to cast your vote in the poll above to find out who will be crowned best table tennis shot of 2017!

By voting above, we can narrow down to the ultimate best shot 2017. Which player hit the best shot? Voting poll ends on 31/12/2017 at 23:59 GMT. Take part today! Watch the video then vote in the TTD poll above.

Merry Christmas everyone and have a fantastic new year on behalf of the TableTennisDaily Team!

So many epic shots, who did you vote for and why?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Sorry. But I think that backhand by Ouiache is pretty flipping awesome. But so is Timo’s swaphand.

And still, my favorite and the one I think is the craziest is XX’s wild, around the net hook shot. That is just my favorite thing ever.

One day I will get footage of me doing that just like that. Hahahaha.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
That Koki Niwa... Jedi TT. That's just next level to anyone else. Noone can do that.. I wish he becomes more proficient in it and gets world no. 1 :))

Last edited:

NDH

says Spin to win!
I guess you have to define what "crazy" means - The best rally was Ouaiche, especially with the epic finish! But as an individual shot.... it's just an epic epic backhand (relatively normal).

The spin and position on both swap hand shots win it for me - Just unbelievable skill!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
My fav shot is that strawberry flick. The misdirection, the speed. It's outside of the box and it was perfect.

While the effort was great, I'm always a little surprised how much Timo's diving shot gets play. Great effort. But he lost the point if I remember correctly. I mean come on. It's a missed shot. How is it on this list?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Degree of difficulty: XX around the net or Boll dive

Style points: Koki Niwa Casual Block

Best Point: Ouaiche Backhand over Feng Yalan Swap Hand (which gets my vote for best swap hand)

Shot I'm trying to learn but finding even harder than it looks: Ruiz Backhand Strawberry Flick

Craziest (hardest to believe he put the ball back on the table): Boll Dive

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Some of those shots are skillful but also very lucky. Like the Boll dive.

The Niwa shots look like a show of pure cold-hearted skill and calculation. Perfect placement, everything.