TTD Member Nuke Skywalker kicked SUM serious tail at State Championships

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
This weekend, TTD Memebr Nuke Skywalker played a few levels above his level and got medals in several events in the Virginia State Championships.

I was sad to be the gent who stopped his great progress in the Semis of the U2000, but nonetheless, he played way above his level more than once, several times, he had to defeat players at least 2 or more levels above him.

Give-er up for NUKE S.

*** NEWS FLASH ****

http://www.smashtt.com/news/2016-virginia-state-championships/

This weekend, TTD Memebr Nuke Skywalker played a few levels above his level and got medals in several events in the Virginia State Championships.

I was sad to be the gent who stopped his great progress in the Semis of the U2000, but nonetheless, he played way above his level more than once, several times, he had to defeat players at least 2 or more levels above him.

Give-er up for NUKE S.

*** NEWS FLASH ****

http://www.smashtt.com/news/2016-virginia-state-championships/

Haha! Thanks!

Hey, it’s okay that you stopped me because you’ve helped me quite a bit since meeting up with you the first time. Particularly with my inverted play. Besides, it’s hard to beat a guy when you can’t read his serves. I mean…like 90% of them I was guessing completely. They are nasty! That, coupled with a bad wheel and complete exhaustion (Rajul and Guarav ran me around like a intellect at a Trump rally) ..I stood no chance vs. the mighty "TT Trouble Maker." Some day maybe, just teach me how to read your serves and the direction of your loop. There is ZERO wrist cock give away that I can see on your FH loop…

Last edited:
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
The FH loop down the BH line real sudden (not cross court) has no give away. I let the come into my zone deeper then I hit.

Sometimes, I decide while moving to the ball and time the step so ball is deep in zone.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Thanks!!
In hindsight, I wish I had.... I only have a cell phone to video, and it's an enormous pan and a distraction to make sure I'm filming. Looking to invest in some kind of handicam that has a HD video option which is so simple to use that it's not a distraction. Or if cheap enough, even SD.

It would have been nice to study my losses...(As much as I hate watching myself play...YUCK!)

The FH loop down the BH line real sudden (not cross court) has no give away. I let the come into my zone deeper then I hit.

Sometimes, I decide while moving to the ball and time the step so ball is deep in zone.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
Well, then, I guess all is lost!

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yeah. If someone has serves as good as Der has and you keep misreading them, messing up and giving him easy 3rd balls, like has happened when I played him, it will be a long, painful match. Or, maybe even, a short, painful match. Hahaha.

My only hope has been to keep it away from his BH, and hope my serve provides me with a couple of 3rd balls I can work with and a free point once in a while.

And now it sounds like, these days, you have to keep it away from his FH and his BH.

I guess I'll just have to rely on guys like PingPongHolic to find and exploit his weaknesses.

Or, my plan B: set up a whole spread of Chicken and Beer, maybe some Korean Barbecue, right beside the table and hope he has some trouble focusing on the match with the food right there waiting to be eaten. Maybe he'll worry it'll be gone by the time the match is done.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Or, my plan B: set up a whole spread of Chicken and Beer, maybe some Korean Barbecue, right beside the table and hope he has some trouble focusing on the match with the food right there waiting to be eaten. Maybe he'll worry it'll be gone by the time the match is done.
Hahahahaha :D

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl