Upgrade from TILONG blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
Hello, gentlemen.

I started to play tt more seriously like 1 year ago. I was quite hyped, watched videos and found youtube channel coach TI Long. So when I went to Vietnam, I thought it would be nice to support this guy and bought his custom made racket with some random rubbers.

So, he glued me his SPIN AND CONTROL blade with NITTAKU FLYATT SPIN rubber on bh and GOFES HERA G42 rubber on fh.

Currently, I have changed NITAKKU FLYATT SPIN to Donic Bluefire m3 rubber on bh.

I have no idea what kind of racket this is, but you can "imagine" how "fast" this blade is in this video.

Problem now is, that I have tried my coach blade, which is some kind of Andro old blade with outer carbon and T05 on both sides. It felt like heaven racket, even with being like 30% faster, I felt much confident in my shots, and the feeling of ball sinking into rubbers was really nice.

So now I have questions, either my set up is so bad or is it tenergy rubbers so good?
Also, I really liked carbon feel, much more than my wooden blade.

I am looking for new blade or rubbers, but I have 0 clue what to look for because there is 0 information about my current setup.
I just want that feeling like with coach's racket because it is so much more fun to play.

WHAT YOU WOULD DO?

All information about TILONG blade here (in vietnamese, but you can translate to eng in browser):

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
You like his setup go for his setup. Also test both setups during a practice game. Carbon blades usually feel so much better if you know where the ball is coming to and you just have to focus on your stroke, but "slower" setup is more forgiving if you are not standing correctly but you get less "power" from the setup.

Reactions: dingyibvs
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
You like his setup go for his setup. Also test both setups during a practice game. Carbon blades usually feel so much better if you know where the ball is coming to and you just have to focus on your stroke, but "slower" setup is more forgiving if you are not standing correctly but you get less "power" from the setup.
Agreed, try it in actual games first. You can get a very different impression when you need to return services tight and make shots under compromising positions.

Reactions: blahness
says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Tenergy is a nightmare, I wouldn't recommend it to players that play for less than 5 years. Rozena has same feeling with tenergy but is much more controlled, it was made for developing players.

Also I wouldn't recommend any kind of carbon blade for any reason for beginners. I bought one in my 2nd year of playing and it took me 4 years to fix my bad technique caused by that. It was a waste of time.

First reach a level where you will have developed good feeling, power and consistency. Usually around 3~5 years.

Do that and then an inner carbon blade is recommend. Some people like me for some reason liked outer carbon better, I like the crisp contact and consistency in the carbon activation that doesn't have the kick of the inner carbon. But of course that means that it's more sensitive.

But until you reach that point, where you will have built a good technique, confidence, power, consistency and quality in your shots, stick to yasaka sweden extra and stiga offensive classic. Or any other all/off- 5ply blade.