Upgrade path from Stiga Infinity VPS

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2023
Hey.
Im a hobby player of 33 that has been playing now for about 3 years.
Most of this time I'v been using a Stiga Infinity VPS with Joola Rhyzm and Rhyzm Tech rubbers, but a couple weeks back the blade got damaged by a attempted save that made the blade edge hit the corner of the table. This made the layers defray a good cm up the racket from the bottom... Atm I'm using old club rackets for now, but I'm looking for an upgrade.

My thoughts on the Stiga was that I like the feedback and vibration, but feel its a bit to slow and not responsive enough. I'm still building technique, but am reactionary player that like doing unexpected hits not just topspin loops :) I think my pref would be control over speed.

The club-racket Iv been using is mostly one built with Joola Wing Carbon blade and Rhyzm rubbers. Feels to stiff and light for me.

Any thoughts on a blade/rubber combinations I should be looking at?
I'v got easy access to Butterfly, Stiga, Donic, Victas and Yasaka, but can also get Joola and others.
Pricewise I'v been looking at max around 300 dollars for blade and rubbers.
Just ask if more info is needed :)
Tnx for any help :)

Last edited:

mil

This user has no status.

mil

This user has no status.
Nov 2012
The question is if you want to stay with a
- five ply allwood blade - there are some stiga blades which are five ply and rated faster than infinity, but they are quite expensive
- switch to a seven ply blade, also stiga has some
- or switch to a carbon blade, either inner or normal.

It is difficult to get a really fast five ply allwood blade.

says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
For only 3 years of playing you don't need anything faster than a infinity, if you do want more speed stick with all wood or soft carbon.

The intensity would be a good step up, it released together with the infinity, it's a much harder blade with more speed and more crisp feeling. I'm using it for 2 years now.

From butterfly there is the petr korbel and primorac, maybe the maze magic and performance, but speed isn't that different to infinity, quality is miles better though, feeling is ok with less vibrations, it's preference.

From stiga, there is the intensity as I said, it requires good technique and power because it's hard and fast with tons of vibration. The clipper is softer and fast as well, and that would be it from stiga, the rest are too fast or too expensive.

Yasaka, ma lin extra offensive is pretty much a heavier and harder intensity, the construction is the same but it doesn't have the NCT technology that makes the intensity a beast. Generally the yeo is a bit slower on touch but easier on the table, with blocking and countering, it's a good blade. Cheap too. Ma lin carbon is also good, not too fast and easy to play.

Donic, waldner senso ultra carbon, by far the best bang for the buck from donic, made in Sweden like stiga and yasaka, exceptional feeling and control, slower than typical carbon blade but still fast enough. Inner carbon feel because of the really thick outer ply. Ovcharov senso 1 also really good, all wood, and original true carbon inner is good too, much faster though.

Tibhar stratus powerwood, one and only road for Tibhar, really good blade, pretty fast, behaves like clipper but much higher quality.

Generally stiga is known for making the best performing blades with the best feeling, but quality is bad with a lot of splintering. That for all wood, for carbon, butterfly is king. And even though stiga is catching up with the Dynasty and cybsrshaps carbon, they have ways to go.

Damn this is long, sorry, I get invested a bit too easily...😅

Reactions: Crillo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2023
Hey all. Over the christmas I met up with a friend that had borrowed a 7-8 rackets from his club and we had 2 days and many hours of fun experimenting.
I ended up loving the Andro Syntelic VCI blade with stiga dna plat rubbers. Yes quite a bit faster than my old, but it just felt easy to play with, with lots of potential for spin, push and enough control for unorthodox plays :)
I love the response of the blade and vibrations :)
Tnx all for the responses and tips :)

Reactions: rbtitco
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Hey all. Over the christmas I met up with a friend that had borrowed a 7-8 rackets from his club and we had 2 days and many hours of fun experimenting.
I ended up loving the Andro Syntelic VCI blade with stiga dna plat rubbers. Yes quite a bit faster than my old, but it just felt easy to play with, with lots of potential for spin, push and enough control for unorthodox plays :)
I love the response of the blade and vibrations :)
Tnx all for the responses and tips :)
I think Simon Gauzy uses it, I've wanted to try it for myself, maybe sticky rubbers would also suit it, if you need more control check out the rasanter c53 and Bluegrip C2. Have fun😉

Reactions: Esp3nB