Value of old buttetfly arylate blades

Such value is in the eye of the beholder, I have never understood the black tag obsession of some people and I would never pay those prices.
I agree. We are not talking about gold or silver here. Blades are to be used and have fun with, not for collection.

In addition, I think people talk about having more "feel" with older Viscaria than the new Viscaria. I don't know what that means. But to me, if you buy the blade, "old in great shape Timo boll spirit with black tag" and you really like it, then how are you supposed to get a back-up blade?

If I buy this year's version of Timo Boll spirit or Viscaria, and I really like it, I can purchase another one right away for fun and use as my back-up blade. Yes, two blades from different trees are still slightly different but just as long as they are this year's version, they play close enough. But buying blades from different generations, I am sure they can play differently so hence the dilemma...

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I agree. We are not talking about gold or silver here. Blades are to be used and have fun with, not for collection.

In addition, I think people talk about having more "feel" with older Viscaria than the new Viscaria. I don't know what that means. But to me, if you buy the blade, "old in great shape Timo boll spirit with black tag" and you really like it, then how are you supposed to get a back-up blade?

If I buy this year's version of Timo Boll spirit or Viscaria, and I really like it, I can purchase another one right away for fun and use as my back-up blade. Yes, two blades from different trees are still slightly different but just as long as they are this year's version, they play close enough. But buying blades from different generations, I am sure they can play differently so hence the dilemma...
Older Viscarias are slower - more feel - alright. Pay $600 for that - are you insane? If you are sure you love the blade that much and are going to play with it for life and never damage it, nothing is too expensive I guess. I am just not your guy.

Reactions: ben1229 and JJ Ng