Victas Koji Matsushita ZC DEF blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
I just got a Victas Koji Matsushita ZC and I was wondering If anybody knows the exact construction of the blade?
I really like this blade so I try to understand what makes it so pleasent to play with.
My setup is Joola Tronix ZGR on FH and Viktas Curl P1V on BH.
I got the FL handle and the blade weight is 88grams.
The whole setup is 173grams.
Anybody out there has any experience with this blade?

Attachments

• PXL_20230801_203341061.jpg
    PXL_20230801_203341061.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 477
  • PXL_20230801_203426335.jpg
    PXL_20230801_203426335.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 267
  • PXL_20230801_203302358.jpg
    PXL_20230801_203302358.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 282
  • PXL_20230801_203450271.jpg
    PXL_20230801_203450271.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 257
This user has no status.
I won't be able to buy this blade in the near future (I have already spent a lot on other stuff recently), but an oversized blade like this with the ZC composite buried deep below the 2rd ply seems to be a very sweet idea. I am looking forward to get one in this year. Did you measure the frequency of a ball dropped on the blade? Is it above 1250 Hz?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
I have not checked for the frequency of the blade but I will do it at the next reglue or rubber change. What I can tell for sure that it feels soft and has long dwell time. My forehand rubber is extra hard at 57.5 deg and I can still bend my loops easyly if needed.

RGo

This user has no status.

RGo

This user has no status.
May 2023
First impressions:

The ZC packs a bit more punch than my old blade but it didn't feel like I had to give any control in return, which was exactly what I was looking for. For reference, my previous blade was the Joola Chen Weixing and I tested the Victas KM offensive a bit, which was definitely too fast for me and harder to control, so I was looking for a happy middle ground. So far, the ZC seems to fit that bill.

I might come back to this and go into more detail once I have more experience and a better feeling for the blade.

Reactions: Scarfed Garchomp
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Read 1 reviews
First impressions:

The ZC packs a bit more punch than my old blade but it didn't feel like I had to give any control in return, which was exactly what I was looking for. For reference, my previous blade was the Joola Chen Weixing and I tested the Victas KM offensive a bit, which was definitely too fast for me and harder to control, so I was looking for a happy middle ground. So far, the ZC seems to fit that bill.

I might come back to this and go into more detail once I have more experience and a better feeling for the blade.

So this blade slower then Koji Matsushita offensive? How it compare to regular Koji Matsushita?

RGo

This user has no status.

RGo

This user has no status.
May 2023
So this blade slower then Koji Matsushita offensive? How it compare to regular Koji Matsushita?
I would say so, yes. At least, it feels more controllable than it, as the harder outer layer of that blade gave me trouble with how direct it felt. I have not played the regular KM, so sorry can't help you with that.

Reactions: piligrim
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
After a couple of days of play I can confirm that "RGo" is right about the power of this blade. I can confidently loop on my forehand with almost the same power as my viscaria attacking blade using the same Joola Tronix ZGR rubber and I get crazy spin on the ball with pinpoint accuracy. On the backhand I have moderately less power with the 0.5mm sponge P1V but the control is outstanding when my stroke is correct.
I do have another question to you since I just started transitioning to pips from inverted and I only used Victas P1V so far, is the P4V better to chop using a more under the ball chop motion similar to the regular inverted than the P1V? I noticed that I tend to pop up a lot or go long on my backhand when I try to be more aggresive. I know I will adjust in time but I find the low friction of the P1V limiting my ability to varry the amount of spin on my chops. I'm not looking to go to medium or short pips, I love the way how long pips can control the pace of the game but I would like to be a bit more aggresive and it is hard with the P1V.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Read 1 reviews
I noticed that I tend to pop up a lot or go long on my backhand when I try to be more aggresive. I know I will adjust in time but I find the low friction of the P1V limiting my ability to varry the amount of spin on my chops. I'm not looking to go to medium or short pips, I love the way how long pips can control the pace of the game but I would like to be a bit more aggresive and it is hard with the P1V.

I had same problem with pop up balls with P1V. This problem solved by changing to 1.0 thickness. also with my current rubber 388D I have much less pop up balls then it was with P1V even my 388D also 0.5

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
Going back to my original question, anybody can comment on the structure of this blade? I only kow that it is a inner fibre and I belive the core is Ayous wood... I'm inerested in the top and median ply.

This user has no status.
Going back to my original question, anybody can comment on the structure of this blade? I only kow that it is a inner fibre and I belive the core is Ayous wood... I'm inerested in the top and median ply.

Based on the official images and the images shown here, I am certain, that the top ply is Koto (generally contributes to a crisp, but not overly unforgiving touch) - the median ply is almost certainly Ayous as well, like the core. The thick median ply over the composite layer can add some safety - there are inner fibre blades, where the median ply is much thinner, then the composite layer effect is also more pronounced.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
Based on the official images and the images shown here, I am certain, that the top ply is Koto (generally contributes to a crisp, but not overly unforgiving touch) - the median ply is almost certainly Ayous as well, like the core. The thick median ply over the composite layer can add some safety - there are inner fibre blades, where the median ply is much thinner, then the composite layer effect is also more pronounced.
Are you positive the top is Koto and not Limba?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
First impressions:

Interesting you said that. My current blade is KM off and I love the hard top ply with great flex. My FH loop is so consistent that people struggle to block it.

Is the ZC version harder than KM off in terms of flex and looping ability?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
I own a good variety of blades, and I think, Koto is fairly easy to recognize. There could be some cases, when the fishscale pattern produced by Ayous top plies can be similar, but in this case, it looks like textbook Koto to me.
Unfortunately I think you are wrong, I'm pretty certain it's Ayous.

RGo

This user has no status.

RGo

This user has no status.
May 2023
Interesting you said that. My current blade is KM off and I love the hard top ply with great flex. My FH loop is so consistent that people struggle to block it.

Is the ZC version harder than KM off in terms of flex and looping ability?
I honestly can't contrast and compare the KMO and the ZC that well now, as I only tested the KMO for a couple of practices (it was lent to me by a friend) and that was a while ago. However, I remember my topspins being more than fine with the KMO (they are with most blades though), but my chops didn't go as well, and so far, I don't have that issue with the ZC.