W968 provincial backhand problem

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
WCQ also uses H3 on the BH now. CM uses H8 on the backhand tho, sometimes. She likes switching up her equipment…
H8 on backhand is simply awesome. With booster, its fast, its spinny, its responsive, has good control, its just awesome. It is slightly sensitive though, so you gotta be active.

H3 on bh is really good too.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
I like D09c the best. H8-80 is nice too, but DHS quality control with the non-provincial or national versions is terrible, you can get huge hardness and weight variations and I don't wanna deal with that. D09c is not nearly as tacky and is faster especially at the higher end than H8-80. I've been trying the Nittaku H3 on the BH side as well, very nice rubber, pretty tacky and has enormous control and spin in the short game. Feels harder and not quite as fast as D09c. The killer though is that it's just too heavy. My backup blade with a lighter blade, smaller head, no grip tape, less glue, and the same FH rubber weighs 2 grams heavier than my primary blade due to the Nittaku H3 on the BH side.

says Looking for the BH killer shot
Sep 2015
Read 8 reviews
@confuser...

Don't get me wrong here. But to summerize what I see...

You received your driver license around 6 month ago. You have now tried to drive different High End Rally Cars with High End Tires and wonder why on your daily rally track, you're ending off road too often.

Maybe it would be an idea to start with a setup more appropriate to your skill level?

Try an all+ (BTY Primorac or Korbel) with 2 Rozena or if you don't like BTY, a Yasaka Sweden Extra, DHS PG7 or similar blade with more moderate rubbers (Xiom Vega Pro, Intro, Nittaku Faktive, G1 or similar) and learn how generate spin, speed with consistency.

I know this sounds harsh, but a expensive high end setup will not help you get a better driver. It will most probably frustrate you in the mid, long term, as progress is hard to notice.

Put the current equipement into your "Save for later box" and depending on your training come back to it in a couple of months/years...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
@confuser...

Don't get me wrong here. But to summerize what I see...

You received your driver license around 6 month ago. You have now tried to drive different High End Rally Cars with High End Tires and wonder why on your daily rally track, you're ending off road too often.

Maybe it would be an idea to start with a setup more appropriate to your skill level?

Try an all+ (BTY Primorac or Korbel) with 2 Rozena or if you don't like BTY, a Yasaka Sweden Extra, DHS PG7 or similar blade with more moderate rubbers (Xiom Vega Pro, Intro, Nittaku Faktive, G1 or similar) and learn how generate spin, speed with consistency.

I know this sounds harsh, but a expensive high end setup will not help you get a better driver. It will most probably frustrate you in the mid, long term, as progress is hard to notice.

Put the current equipement into your "Save for later box" and depending on your training come back to it in a couple of months/years...
Can't agree more..... Out of curiosity I was following this conversation and was thinking why no one saw the simple truth

Sep 2015
Read 8 reviews
i

think its not optimum, but doable. he just needs to train more.
This is what most novice players think. But it is wrong. The improvement you will make with this high end equipment are small, compared to a setup that I proposed.

Even the most talented players started with slow and controlled setups to get consistancy in their technique. Let alone, that you usually don't have the foot work to play such a fast and aggressive setup in the beginning.

Even, if he would have written: "I already trained for 8 years in my youth and returning back to sport after xx years", i would say, start slow my friend.

Reactions: matzreenzi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
This is what most novice players think. But it is wrong. The improvement you will make with this high end equipment are small, compared to a setup that I proposed.

Even the most talented players started with slow and controlled setups to get consistancy in their technique. Let alone, that you usually don't have the foot work to play such a fast and aggressive setup in the beginning.

Even, if he would have written: "I already trained for 8 years in my youth and returning back to sport after xx years", i would say, start slow my friend.
A lot of Chinese kids start with Viscaria with Tenergies though. You can develop consistency in technique with a fast setup, you'll just miss a lot more until you develop it. If you don't care about missing a lot, then it's not really an issue.

The racecar analogy doesn't work here, because you can't wreck a setup or get killed when you miss a TT shot. If you can drive a rally car incorrectly without consequences besides simply not driving well, you may very well be able to start training as a racecar driver with a fast rally car.

Reactions: rbtitco
Sep 2015
Read 8 reviews
Hey...The Rally stuff was an opener (fun) and not the main message... So we should not discuss about this further

As for the chinese kids...Do you have proof of your statements? And what is the effort they put in from a training perspective and how many hours of supervised training do they have?
And is the thread owner is a similar situation?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Hey...The Rally stuff was an opener (fun) and not the main message... So we should not discuss about this further

As for the chinese kids...Do you have proof of your statements? And what is the effort they put in from a training perspective and how many hours of supervised training do they have?
And is the thread owner is a similar situation?
Practically every Chinese kid I see is using a Viscaria regardless of level. They get a lot of supervised training. I don't know anything about the thread owner's situation, do you?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
But you see Chinese kids training abroad, don’t you? Or do you live in China?
I believe him, cause my nephew training in China from 9 yrs old, with a Vis H 3 FH, T19 BH. That's recommend from the coach. I guess the coach has the way to lead them get use to the speed . And the vis touch is good for beginners.

Reactions: dingyibvs
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
But you see Chinese kids training abroad, don’t you? Or do you live in China?
Yes, training abroad. From what I gather, kids in China don't get much particular guidance on equipment, but a ton of them use things like Viscaria with boosted/glued H3 as well. In fact beginners do a lot of practice without any racket (shadow practice).

IMO that's the right approach, at the beginning it's just about getting the right form, right technique. Whether shots land is irrelevant. It obviously would take an adult without coaching a lot of effort and discipline to advance like this, but it's doable.

Reactions: ben1229