Nittaku Hina Hayata H2 most recent review

Hi everyone. As you all can see, I am using a H3 neo 41 blue sponge, 3 layers of Falco on FH. and a tibhar aurus prime on BH.
Previously, my blade was Butterfly innerforce ALC ovtcharov fl. I felt that the rubber is powerful, but it would not suit a hurricane type. It can backup the need of kick for a more lively rubber like 729 Battle ii (i used the nat version), but for hurricane regardless of the version, it just would not. Its core is too stiff, it does not deform easily.
I then used innerforce ALC.s and found that it was too flexy and slow for a hurricane type. Hence, the ball is spinny but people block it too easily because of the lack of pace of the ball.
I was looking for a blade more flexy than a W968, but feels more lively than it. W968 is too head heavy, not to mention the hollow "tung" feedback it gives is so annoying. Yes the ball is spinny as hell, but you just cant flick the ball easily, or you would suffer on your backhand since the carbon layer is deep.
I then found the Hina Hayata H2. First i got it, i knew it would be a perfect blade. Turns out is is flexy, gives the click feeling of the Xiom ALXi i used to have, but does not feel hollow. The wood feeling is there, but when you loop along while brushing through the sponge, the carbon kicks in. Plus, i feel more security in my loop because it does not go long. Throw is safe to get through the net. The most important thing, is that the ball has a very good quality of rotation and pace.

This blade comes with one drawback, you need to adjust on the short play. In my case especially, both my rubbers are boosted.

But this blade is one of the most expensive non-zlc, non-super composite material out there.
I forgot to mention that the handle is soo so nice. Fh to bh transition in no time, no bulge, enough for security and ball grabbing feel.

Please ask me anything or please comment below if you need anything or if you want to add!

IMG-20230803-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20230803-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20230803-WA0004.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
cool blade and review.

Is it faster or slower than w968? How about vs Harimoto S-ZLC?

What is this PKC material? (same as alc?)
For me i think it is relatively a tad slower than w968 in general, especially on the high gears. And against harimoto szlc, this one is also slower in the high gears. This blade needs more body power on the high gears. But on the low gears, they all share similar speed. But difference is in bounciness. Harimoto szlc the most bouncy, w968 the least bouncy. So this is in the middle.

says On a never ending EJ journey
Jun 2023
For me i think it is relatively a tad slower than w968 in general, especially on the high gears. And against harimoto szlc, this one is also slower in the high gears. This blade needs more body power on the high gears. But on the low gears, they all share similar speed. But difference is in bounciness. Harimoto szlc the most bouncy, w968 the least bouncy. So this is in the middle.
For me, compared to the W968, the H2 has higher quality and speed at lower power shots, meaning things like flicks are a lot easier with this blade. However, as you mentioned, once you go away from the table and have more higher power shots, the W968 shines. The W968 has that dangerous accelerating second bounce while the H2 doesn't go as far.

Agreed with the bounciness between HSZLC, W968 and H2. My HSZLC is the most bouncy, followed by H2. The difference between H2 and W968 bouciness is that while it is more bouncy than W968, it's not as powerful. When far away from the table, the ball quickly arches down and drops down on the other side. The W968 just holds the ball until you whip it out which is why it goes farther.

The H2 is definitely more for someone who plays closer to the table and relies on fast counter attacks, would make sense given how Hina plays.

For me, compared to the W968, the H2 has higher quality and speed at lower power shots, meaning things like flicks are a lot easier with this blade. However, as you mentioned, once you go away from the table and have more higher power shots, the W968 shines. The W968 has that dangerous accelerating second bounce while the H2 doesn't go as far.

Agreed with the bounciness between HSZLC, W968 and H2. My HSZLC is the most bouncy, followed by H2. The difference between H2 and W968 bouciness is that while it is more bouncy than W968, it's not as powerful. When far away from the table, the ball quickly arches down and drops down on the other side. The W968 just holds the ball until you whip it out which is why it goes farther.

The H2 is definitely more for someone who plays closer to the table and relies on fast counter attacks, would make sense given how Hina plays.
Hi Zaddy, thank you for your response. I agree with the mentioning of the H2 with the better ball quality at low power shots. H2 is great for close to mid play. For far from table play, try to use your body power. That way, it is a great weapon. Imho, i can feel the ball more on the H2, rather than the W968. The dwell on the W968 is greater, but it feels stiffer that is why it is great further from the table. Yes, the ball quickly arches and drop down, but that is due to the kick of the double limba layer, rather than the limba ayous layer on the W968. For mere mortal up to the provincial level, the kick of the double limba plus PKC layer does a big aid on your power loop. Hence, because players like ma long or WCQ is the perfect figure of an ideal far from table looper, then it makes sense if they use W968. For normal players, the H2 is also so great due to the kick needed for the backhand. A too-dwelly backhand is sometimes a trigger for room of error. Plus, a kicky tensor on W968 does not feel great. It sucks, big time. Hybrid tensor makes more sense on it.

My point is, H2 is already very good for 90% of the players. But due to the image of W968, some prefer that regardless of the downsides it brings. Plus, our arena might not be as big as a WTT arena, so a mid distance should represent enough of how far our loop can go.
Apart from all that, I have a big body. 210lbs+, 183cm tall. Which is why the H2 makes sense for me lol.

What do you guys think?

Reactions: rbtitco
Jun 2023
Hi Zaddy, thank you for your response. I agree with the mentioning of the H2 with the better ball quality at low power shots. H2 is great for close to mid play. For far from table play, try to use your body power. That way, it is a great weapon. Imho, i can feel the ball more on the H2, rather than the W968. The dwell on the W968 is greater, but it feels stiffer that is why it is great further from the table. Yes, the ball quickly arches and drop down, but that is due to the kick of the double limba layer, rather than the limba ayous layer on the W968. For mere mortal up to the provincial level, the kick of the double limba plus PKC layer does a big aid on your power loop. Hence, because players like ma long or WCQ is the perfect figure of an ideal far from table looper, then it makes sense if they use W968. For normal players, the H2 is also so great due to the kick needed for the backhand. A too-dwelly backhand is sometimes a trigger for room of error. Plus, a kicky tensor on W968 does not feel great. It sucks, big time. Hybrid tensor makes more sense on it.

My point is, H2 is already very good for 90% of the players. But due to the image of W968, some prefer that regardless of the downsides it brings. Plus, our arena might not be as big as a WTT arena, so a mid distance should represent enough of how far our loop can go.
Apart from all that, I have a big body. 210lbs+, 183cm tall. Which is why the H2 makes sense for me lol.

What do you guys think?
Yeah totally agree with a lot of these points. I originally said a lot of the same things in my review post as well.

The H2 is definitely a lot easier to control than the W968. I often find myself surprised that ball lands on the table because I know that if I had hit that same shot with the W968, the ball would have gone long. The W968 has a lot more range, but that also means a lot more room for error.

I will say though, in my experience, opponents seem to have an easier time returning my balls (if they hit it) when I'm playing with the H2. Shots with the W968 seem riskier (higher spin but higher chance of going out). I feel like I lose games with H2 because opponents score more on me while I lose games with the W968 because I make more mistakes 😅.

Yeah totally agree with a lot of these points. I originally said a lot of the same things in my review post as well.

The H2 is definitely a lot easier to control than the W968. I often find myself surprised that ball lands on the table because I know that if I had hit that same shot with the W968, the ball would have gone long. The W968 has a lot more range, but that also means a lot more room for error.

I will say though, in my experience, opponents seem to have an easier time returning my balls (if they hit it) when I'm playing with the H2. Shots with the W968 seem riskier (higher spin but higher chance of going out). I feel like I lose games with H2 because opponents score more on me while I lose games with the W968 because I make more mistakes 😅.
Loll
With the H2 you can create a damn juicy ball with your body power. When you engage your body - until then your shot will be deadly. It is also more reliable when flat hitting. It is a give and take, but I will choose H2 over any day. Yes the W968 is a high risk high reward thing. H2 is a balance of both. Last night i played with my friend. Used to be in par with him 4-3 or 3-4 with my ovtcharov + battle ii combo. But i swept 4-0, i find more stability in my technique and more confidence due to the visual lol.

By the way, do you still use the H2?