Want to improve need Feedback!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
The players from those videos are almost exclusively using chinese rubbers.
The technique is mostly the same, but racket angle and contact on the ball is not the same and should be done slightly differently with equipment like yours. ( G-1 and Rakza 7 ).

My setup is simlar to yours, except I have G-1 on BH and chinese rubber on forehand ( Rxton 9 = R9 ).
Looping the same incoming ball with G-1 and the R9 is quite different.
With G-1, I need to be more careful to not overshoot the table or create an arc thats too high.
Racket angle more closed, Hitting the ball more on its the upper side, Squeeze my hand tight right before hitting the ball to not release too much power.
With R9, I can do pretty much the same movement as the guy in the video.
Angle more open, hitting the ball more on its back, loose and relaxed motion and go allmost all out.

For training technique, even if it might seem slow at the start, the most effective and in also efficient way is to train 1 aspect intensely at a time.
Meaning that for the next 2-3 sessions, you only focus on 1 single part of your technique exclusively and let the rest be as it is.
It could be forehand upper body movement, and the next session footwork and steps.

Find exercises, multiball and simple exercises like serve -> return to specific spot -> loop -> blocks/random play.
These should target that specific aspect and allow you to switch between consciously trying to achieve it and subconsciouly making it a habit, because thats essentially what we are trying to do, create subconscious habits and automatic sequences out of a conscious effort and an idea.

Start slowly and make the movement conscious at the start with a correct form and then gradually make it more challenging.
What I keep in mind for this is essentially this:
"Repeat and do it so often and so well, until you can do it bored".

It takes some time, but it will definitely pay off and allow you to effectively increase your technique over a longer time span.

Hope it helps.

If you have more questions about how to really get better at learning and improving techniques and skills overall, just ask.
This topic was really a big struggle for me and after spending a lot of time researching ,thinking, contemplating and figuring stuff out, I have gotten to a point where I can teach and coach myself and others at my club quite well.
"Racket angle more closed, Hitting the ball more on its the upper side, Squeeze my hand tight right before hitting the ball to not release too much power."
Thats what I have been doing (blue screenshot of @jk1980) . My plan is use my hip rotation and just experiment with the stroke till I find the "right" stroke to get the most power in a controlled way. Because right now even If I hit "hard" it feels like hit or miss for me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
I wanna hit FH like this From what I understood in the video he does it all with hip rotation. I was focusing more on getting my weight on my right leg and shoulder down and hit the ball ball from down to up and "spin" it by hitting more with the Rubber and almost none with the blade. While when I look at this video it feels like he hits both with the blade and also still with the rubber aswell. That also explains why my balls would be slower most of the times but spinny (easy to block still)
Without watching the full video i find it very hard to estimate what and where he hits the ball really (regardless of hip rotation utilization). The video angle is aweful to guess what he does (at the moment you point to) and i don't know what kind of rubber he does. If i take any high level player they can of course make it look easy to hit anyhow and with the most casual of swings, but that does not really translate to somebody trying to learn it.

What is true is that there is a difference if you want to play chinese rubbers, but i think we can disregard this because you dont play chinese rubbers and even these will not always only play or touch the ball on top of the ball, but also from the back (if backspin is in it).

Here is a quite handy video of a youtuber that i really like about looping half long balls.
He also speaks about the low stance and the need to stay low and if you watch him closely every loop of his is always ending with his bat at face or at least above shoulder height. That is very important. There are only a few shots where your bat should not end up high when looping and that is counter-looping, but let's be honest: how often will there be the case that you counter loop ? For this to happen the opponent needs to loop slowly or not powerful enough exactly onto the position of your forhand so that you are actually able to counterspin it. I think this case is so fringe that you can disregard it right now.

Here as an example of a match of two high level players (that dont play chinese rubbers) this is a match of a relatively small guy and a pretty tall guy. You will find that the plane the bat travels for topspins will always end up high (if not counterlooping).

Here you see that the server will get an open ball, because the receiver flicks the serve, that means it has the slightest of topspins in it. The server now loops it strongly and still does not only hit it from above but rather between 1 and 2 clock and his hand ends up high, because the movement is not from back to front only, but rather back to up/front.

His stroke starts below his waist (even though the ball he will loop has NO backspin in it)
1712516893979.png
and hits it at around 3 or 2 o' clock:
1712516992956.png

and his stroke ends with the bat at face height
1712517051090.png
and the ball lands savely enough in the last third of the table
1712517193181.png

I can show you that you can play a proper loop with different rubbers easily. This clip is my trainer forcing me to play forehand flick, then forehand topspin. I never really use the forehand flip because i never trained it.

You see the hand ends up high pretty much all the same (after top spin strokes), even though inside this clip i use two pretty different rubber. first 17 seconds i use Rakza Z which is pretty sticky with 50 degrees hardness and from 17 seconds on i use Tibhar K3 Hybrid (not sticky at all) with 53° of hardness. There is very little adjustment needed if you aim for a 45° angle probably (from the back to forward/upwards). i just wanna show that there is not that big of a change of technique (if at all) needed if you stay outside the realm of real chinese rubbers. Hitting the ball from the back will even work for most (non backspin) balls with tensor rubbers.

Don't copy anything of my technique or stance though, because i still am too high/straight/upwards in the video and the stroke itself could be way better (and less stiff). All in all i am still a beginner compared to you, but i hope i can help by repeating the tips and hints given to me by my trainer, when i see people having similar issues like me.

Attachments

• 1712516992956.png
    1712516992956.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Reactions: Zezima
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Since people like you have never seen play with a few exceptions are giving you a lot of technical advice, let's discuss strategy a little and some of the things that you need to solve that may get you points in the short term and the frame work I apply to these things.

The framework I like to use is to look at the point patterns and see whether there is a pattern that repeats itself on serve or return that if you addressed it, could expand your game significantly. I think I found a few with caveats. The main thing is to look for opportunities to introduce weapons. Could a long push have been a short push? Could a push have been placed to multiple places? Could an attack have been initiated? Is there an opportunity to counterspin? Maybe a technical issue pops up.

This is from the match vs Rob.

You serve decent backspin as you are getting good pushes. Therefore the most obvious ans easy next step is to develop a deceptive no-spin serve out of the same motion. This should create pop-ups or pushes off the table. The pop-ups will be easier to kill for free points as long as you read the play, get into position and prepare early. Being able to mix spin and no spin serves of all kinds is a recipe for getting easy attack opportunities and is easier to disguise than the backspin vs topspin combinations that you currently do.

As weird as it is to me, in your first match against Rob, your longish sidd back serves to the forehand were getting you good attack opportunities because Rob was pushing them. However you looped many of the serves as backspin rather highish light side backspin or float. Being able to recognize these pushes earlier and the adjust for the lack of backspin is an obvious opportunity The balls seem high enough to attack powerfully but maybe the sidespin might limit you to a forehand cross court and wide? In any case that is the most obvious one. The point 19 minutes in vs Rob is exactly the kind if thing that makes absolutely no sense. The point after is a repeat of a play that cost you maybe 6 points in the match? And that is an opportunity that you should be able to kill or at least attack with significantly quality and power.

Serving long invites topspin attacks. If you get into the bad habit of blocking these, it will continue for a bit. Practice trying to attack opening topspins from your opponents unless they are really powerful. Nothing I saw qualified as really powerful if you just took a step back after serving long.

When you served reverse and your opponent pushed, you looped directly into the backhand and had the ball blocked to your backhand and then got into a rally. Think about whether it makes sense to loop the ball into the comfortable zones of the table when the ball is sitting for you to attack.

I get that you are still tied to using non-sticky rubbers because of how much you block. But they are costing you attack opportunities and building bad habits on the forehand side. That said I have played with G1 so the problem is really you. There are so many balls that your opponent is pushing half long into your forehand that you should be able to spin up if you get into position and whip the forehand. You don't obviously shape your strokes (follow the shape of the ball) but you should do it a bit more often, especially while practicing opening on half long balls. And opening on half long balls is of course easier with stick rubber.

There were also too many times Rob played a medium ball into your backhand and you just played a medium ball back. These are opportunities to punch, counterspin or do something! You backhand backswing is too conservative and doesn't activate the wrist.

That said. I think that a lot of the stuff you are going through will get better as you play at this level more and there is nothing significantly wrong with your game other than maybe footwork and staying wider as a means to set up easier and earlier opportunities to end the point - i would recommend you do a lot of two-step and falkenberg drills, either shadow or robot or multiball and maybe some lower body strength training. The things that can be tighter will get tighter with repeated exposure.

You need to learn to snap your forearm into the ball. Very often you follow through with your upper arm and this tends to cost you speed and power on the forehand unless it is driven by core rotation.

All in all, it was a good match to watch and showed your potential. Again I really believe you will get better regardless just by playing more at this level.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Update:
These are the two players I played a couple of months ago again. Felt like I did a better job compared to back then.
This time I missed the ball entirely many times. Somehow didn't get the opportunity or maybe because of lack of practice couldn't really use my backhand flip at all. Looped 90% over the table (weird technique) my arm ends at upper chest height instead of all the way up to my left eye.
From what I have seen, I loop mostly with my arm and upwards. As if my lower body and upper body are not connected during stroke. Also feels like both games were winnable if I did just 10% less attacking errors.
Excited to hear your thoughts. Especially if someone saw my games 2 months ago against the same players!

vs Robert 0-3
vs Tobias (lp on backhand) 1-3
Toby is exactly the kind of player you ideally want to get some of what he does into your game. When he gets easily opportunities of his serve or his pips, he loads his body to prepare a powerful shot. The loading is in the legs and completed by a whippy arm motion. Since you want to crack CNT type forehands, you have to create the strength to throw the racket powerfully. If you practice what would be windmill forehands for you, that would be the beginning of that path.

As a tall guy, you are siting on a lot of leverage but you are mostly optimizing it when you block but not on your other shots. Even your serves could have more action. I think there is a lot of room for you to practice using your forearm and wrists to get much more spin on both forehand and backhand. On many shots, you come forward with the forearm with the wrist already forward, when you should be lining up with the ball and the coming forward with your wrists lagging and then throw the wrist when the ball shows up. This is especially important on the backhand but can help quality on both sides.

The benefit and the negative of your game is your height. Knee issues can get worse if you get too low so I would definitely recommend you learn how to use your wrists to hit the ball more aggressively as well.

Using the framework from my last post, pips slow down the ball a lot. They should give you the opportunity to hit the ball if you are able to read and in position. That said, your current style doesn't take advantage of this when the ball is low and you are more comfortable pushing the ball back. You don't aggressively try to sequence the points vs pips and this is a big mistake especially against someone like Toby.

Broadly speaking, this is how I play against pips. I mix up heavy backspin and heavy no spin, hoping to get errors on return. With heavy backspin, I intend to counterloop most returns. With heavy no spin, I intend to topspin most returns with aggressive spin. I will smash most errors.i will serve into the short forehand of the pips player often hoping to move them out of the backhand corner.i will do it from the middle of the table so there is no easy angle into the wide forehand. But a lot of the plays are going to be based upon the sequence of serve and return. I will send most returns to the pips to force the opponent to pivot because once I can attack their thirdball from the pips, the pressure of the match is on them. But it takes many shots including errors and that is fine. You Lose a few battles to win the war.

You win a lot of points with touch but you need to focus a bit more on the patterns. Patterns bring structure and stability and breaking them can be a good thing when you have established them. But just playing to rally, we'll, that should be a last resort. But Toby has a good forehand, I might be hiding from some of those balls too. But you aren't giving him quality so that is expected, if you focused on quality when the ball was slow, he would be more passive.

One of the things you need to learn as a tall person is how to attack high spinny balls. Usually it is safer to do so with a side-of-the-ball contact, either a hook or a fade, than to try to smash or loop the ball directly from behind.

Again you played well, I am sure if you played Toby more often, you would do better. But you need to structure the points against pips players both so you play them better and so you get something out of playing them. Nothing prevents you from rallying with pips once you establish your read of the ball

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
@jk1980
Thats a very good video from XOLAY. It made a click combined with the video I posted earlier. This one showing a better angle. I have seen huge progress in my shots. I loop with a more open racket now and go all in and understand much better how I need to position myself towards the ball to get the most out of it. I even managed to beat the 1500 kid that I usually lose to. (5th set 12-10) but that was key. I also made like only 1 mistake where I missed the ball completely. Only one edge ball compared to a lot of times where I miss the ball entirely (atleast 1-2 per set) or I hit the edge. With the more open racket angle approach and hitting forward I seem to have a much better stroke and also feels more controlled.
Because I have a better quality and also "faster" topspins I need to work on my recovery more. Right now its enough to block it back or not enough if it gets blocked to my backhand for example. So I will work on recovery after my topspin. My trainingspartner was kind of in a shock and was wondering what happened to me because he was not used to these kind of topspins from me. Because I understand how to rotate my body better I could also use smashes more often with success.
strategy wise I realized I was doing the same thing I did against robert. Which means that during a backhand duell I go and block it towards their forehand side and put myself at a disadvantage. I need to fix this asap or get a better quality active block to their wide forehand. But I think for my game it would be better to stick with the backhand duell since I think I have one of the best backhands in this county even in this league.

@NextLevel
Thanks for your long feedback. I try to mix it with no spin balls in my serves but they all see it. But as you said I don´t really get an aggressive return back so I need to learn how to attack those returns better.
And I also realized against Toby how slow the ball would come its like the first half of the balls rotation (till it lands on my table) is faster than afterwards it landed on my table so my calculations were totally wrong and I missed a lot of those balls either because I was not waiting patiently enough or moving towards the ball.

I Honestly don´t plan to lose against Robert ever again. I will go through his backhand side mostly, no more stupid blocks towards his forehand. Also long pushes to his backhand seems effective. His return on my serve to my fh will be looped (now that I understood better how to). So I have a much better plan on what I need to avoid. Rest is just working on my quality and footwork.
I was also thinking about whether I should film myself during multiballs where I loop halflong balls and some other variants. But the focus would be just on me, so basically a side view like in the XOLAY video. To see if I make any progress and also if I do it even right.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
@jk1980
Thats a very good video from XOLAY. It made a click combined with the video I posted earlier. This one showing a better angle. I have seen huge progress in my shots. I loop with a more open racket now and go all in and understand much better how I need to position myself towards the ball to get the most out of it. I even managed to beat the 1500 kid that I usually lose to. (5th set 12-10) but that was key. I also made like only 1 mistake where I missed the ball completely. Only one edge ball compared to a lot of times where I miss the ball entirely (atleast 1-2 per set) or I hit the edge. With the more open racket angle approach and hitting forward I seem to have a much better stroke and also feels more controlled.
Because I have a better quality and also "faster" topspins I need to work on my recovery more. Right now its enough to block it back or not enough if it gets blocked to my backhand for example. So I will work on recovery after my topspin. My trainingspartner was kind of in a shock and was wondering what happened to me because he was not used to these kind of topspins from me. Because I understand how to rotate my body better I could also use smashes more often with success.
strategy wise I realized I was doing the same thing I did against robert. Which means that during a backhand duell I go and block it towards their forehand side and put myself at a disadvantage. I need to fix this asap or get a better quality active block to their wide forehand. But I think for my game it would be better to stick with the backhand duell since I think I have one of the best backhands in this county even in this league.

@NextLevel
Thanks for your long feedback. I try to mix it with no spin balls in my serves but they all see it. But as you said I don´t really get an aggressive return back so I need to learn how to attack those returns better.
And I also realized against Toby how slow the ball would come its like the first half of the balls rotation (till it lands on my table) is faster than afterwards it landed on my table so my calculations were totally wrong and I missed a lot of those balls either because I was not waiting patiently enough or moving towards the ball.

I Honestly don´t plan to lose against Robert ever again. I will go through his backhand side mostly, no more stupid blocks towards his forehand. Also long pushes to his backhand seems effective. His return on my serve to my fh will be looped (now that I understood better how to). So I have a much better plan on what I need to avoid. Rest is just working on my quality and footwork.
I was also thinking about whether I should film myself during multiballs where I loop halflong balls and some other variants. But the focus would be just on me, so basically a side view like in the XOLAY video. To see if I make any progress and also if I do it even right.
If they see it, then you may not be selling the trajectory or your backspin may be too light for them to fee the difference, in which casei would encourage you to get yout straight backspin heavy enough that the difference with no spin is significant. But as you said, regardless of what they do, the ball should be light enough to attack hard unless they are at a level where they can get good backspin push quality on no spin balls and this is not common.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
@jk1980
Currently I am hitting the ball more over the table than into the net. I also wanna go max Sponge thickness. But that would make my balls go more out no?
I was thinking about switching to a rubber where I can go max thickness but that has a lower throw angle than my G1 on my FH.
My Backhand rubber with Rakza 7 can stay like this for a while.
Or I Just give it more time and see how I fare in a month or two.
@NextLevel
No they don´t buy it. They don´t even look at my racket contact. They see it from the balls trajectory alone. I am not getting rockets back though. I also need to work on my recovery right after the serve. Mostly I stay in a way where I cant loop properly.
I was working on looping and then taking a few steps (jumps) back So I can keep attacking instead of having to block the next ball. Damn its hard. But gotta have to practise more. But that atleast explains a lot why I sometimes attack once and can´t attack the next ball because I was too close to the table (that one day I have to say that lol) I used to stay very far back and people tell me to get back to the table. Right now I just have to mix those two according to the ball.
Basically I come closer to the table if its halflong and loop immediately afterwards I take a few little jumps back to keep attacking. That one I will work on for the next months.
I have a game today against the long pips dude that plays in a way like Tobias only that he is more of a puncher than someone with a lot of topspin. Last time I faced him the game was over in 10min. That was mostly due to his pips and me missing the ball entirely. Let´s hope this time I won´t miss the balls.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
@Zezima I really would not change rubbers yet and try to fix the problem by adjusting the power you use while looping. If you really need to change rubbers and want something spinny but less fast (which would reduce the length of your loops) you could try the new Xiom Vega Pro H which is really controlled in terms of speed even in max sponge. I would give it a little more time though and try to find the correct angle for your loops.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
@jk1980
Currently I am hitting the ball more over the table than into the net. I also wanna go max Sponge thickness. But that would make my balls go more out no?
I was thinking about switching to a rubber where I can go max thickness but that has a lower throw angle than my G1 on my FH.
My Backhand rubber with Rakza 7 can stay like this for a while.
Or I Just give it more time and see how I fare in a month or two.
@NextLevel
No they don´t buy it. They don´t even look at my racket contact. They see it from the balls trajectory alone. I am not getting rockets back though. I also need to work on my recovery right after the serve. Mostly I stay in a way where I cant loop properly.
I was working on looping and then taking a few steps (jumps) back So I can keep attacking instead of having to block the next ball. Damn its hard. But gotta have to practise more. But that atleast explains a lot why I sometimes attack once and can´t attack the next ball because I was too close to the table (that one day I have to say that lol) I used to stay very far back and people tell me to get back to the table. Right now I just have to mix those two according to the ball.
Basically I come closer to the table if its halflong and loop immediately afterwards I take a few little jumps back to keep attacking. That one I will work on for the next months.
I have a game today against the long pips dude that plays in a way like Tobias only that he is more of a puncher than someone with a lot of topspin. Last time I faced him the game was over in 10min. That was mostly due to his pips and me missing the ball entirely. Let´s hope this time I won´t miss the balls.
Work on the service then. If pros are struggling with reading no spin serves, you can't be just struggling to get bad returns because your opponents are reading perfectly. I suspect the really issue is that your backspin serve is not heavy enough.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
I got really good against backspin balls (FH TS) but against block or even worst if they have slight topspin even my shots go out. 50% far and 50% slightly over the table.
I feel like I dont hit the ball at the same Distance towards my body as those half long backspin balls that I can hit right now. One thing is probably let the ball come more. The other thing I don't know sometimes I can't even apply topspin and when I want to it goes out.

How can I practise that with a closed angle? Because the racket stays high so there is almost no height difference and I hit with the edge or miss the ball entirely or it goes with a curve out of the table. Very inconsistent.

Is there also a good video that shows the technique with European rubbers? Because right now I seem to lose my games due to my attacking errors. I got really good at getting to the point where I am looping it's just sad that I make the mistakes now. I want to hit hard but still apply topspin on the ball and stop hitting edge of the racket also because I seem to not apply the topspin properly( it has a curve but goes over the table).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I got really good against backspin balls (FH TS) but against block or even worst if they have slight topspin even my shots go out. 50% far and 50% slightly over the table.
I feel like I dont hit the ball at the same Distance towards my body as those half long backspin balls that I can hit right now. One thing is probably let the ball come more. The other thing I don't know sometimes I can't even apply topspin and when I want to it goes out.

How can I practise that with a closed angle? Because the racket stays high so there is almost no height difference and I hit with the edge or miss the ball entirely or it goes with a curve out of the table. Very inconsistent.

Is there also a good video that shows the technique with European rubbers? Because right now I seem to lose my games due to my attacking errors. I got really good at getting to the point where I am looping it's just sad that I make the mistakes now. I want to hit hard but still apply topspin on the ball and stop hitting edge of the racket also because I seem to not apply the topspin properly( it has a curve but goes over the table).
The closer you play to the table, the harder ir is to apply power to the ball because the distance to travel is smaller and the ball still has more of the existing energy of the opponent. Even when the ball is high sometimes, the ball has too much energy for you to direct it on the table.

It is a matter of practice and timing but any technique you practice has to work when you are not extremely precise. You have to use some of the existing energy on the ball, keep the racket high and either spin or smash. Finish a bit more forward. You can't always add lots of power and spin, sometimes you have to borrow what exists on the ball, especially when you are using European rubbers. Of course, add some of your own but not so much the ball flies off.

Selection of where to hit on the ball is key. Keep trying to hit different contact points not just the back, while trying to add some spin. You might find that you are more consistent with power when you hit through the left or the right side of the ball while adding spin. Sometimes making first contact not on the back gives you more time to catch the ball and add power if the incoming ball has heavy rotation.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
How can I properly borrow the energy from my opp ball? I might be hitting the ball at the backside and move up to give spin to the ball which makes it go out. But if I do it with a closed angle it's very inconsistent and I hit the edge of the racket or contact the ball too thinly. When I hit more compact it flys straight like a line let out or straight out since it has no topspin to get back onto the table. Either way it doesn't feel good. I will try to wait and let the ball come towards me more and loop more forwards basically fo the same as if its half long ball except that I start at slightly above hips with the racket and go forward. Against backspin half long putting the racket as low as knees and have it opened worked for me really good.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
How can I properly borrow the energy from my opp ball? I might be hitting the ball at the backside and move up to give spin to the ball which makes it go out. But if I do it with a closed angle it's very inconsistent and I hit the edge of the racket or contact the ball too thinly. When I hit more compact it flys straight like a line let out or straight out since it has no topspin to get back onto the table. Either way it doesn't feel good. I will try to wait and let the ball come towards me more and loop more forwards basically fo the same as if its half long ball except that I start at slightly above hips with the racket and go forward. Against backspin half long putting the racket as low as knees and have it opened worked for me really good.
Dropping the racket with the hand to the knee to loop is not quite correct. But that said technique is for everyone to figure out. The right approach to lowering the body is to use lunges or squats to engage the legs combined with a minor folding of the torso. Then you spin the legs forwards or forwards and upwards to accelerate the racket. So when you play topspin, you don't lower the body as much, when you play backspin, you lung deeper and fold more.

Closing the racket angle throughout the stroke is also dangerous for topspin. It is better to feel as if the racket starts open and closes over the ball when countering topspin balls while hitting through them or brushing.

But this is all talk, it is better to post video and get feedback.

Reactions: jk1980
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
I wanna hit FH like this From what I understood in the video he does it all with hip rotation.
This stroke is actually not that complicated. You gotta stand wide, knees bent slightly, your center of mass is always between your feet, right in the center. You backswing and push with your FH foot, this rotates your body. The stroke itself is a slight upgrade of the FH-drive: the elbow is next to the waist, larger backswing and you drive the racket a little further and forward. Strong impact in front of the body gets the job done. You'd need multiball to calibrate the stroke, or you train as the coach in the video: serve backspin, get backspin and hit it. (I have to add, that this stroke depends on the equipment for me: hard rubbers on somewhat flexible blades, either all-wood or ayous core inner carbons work best).

The real question, though, is how you apply this in matches. No one is going to give you convenient pushes into middle of your FH for you to kill them. Any decent opponent will give you deep pushes into BH, wide/deep/fast pushes into FH, short pushes and so on and this stroke has a fairly small sweet spot. You'll have to be very good in serve-receive and/or to run around like crazy to get this balls or progress into a more all-rounded game plan.
I was focusing more on getting my weight on my right leg and shoulder down and hit the ball ball from down to up and "spin" it by hitting more with the Rubber and almost none with the blade.
I think this is a common misconception regarding the generation of power. All these "put your weight on your right leg and transfer weight onto your left leg" advices are plain bad. If anything, it's just slow: you're basically told to squat on one leg, how efficient could that be?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
I think this is a common misconception regarding the generation of power. All these "put your weight on your right leg and transfer weight onto your left leg" advices are plain bad. If anything, it's just slow: you're basically told to squat on one leg, how efficient could that be?
I don't know, but perhaps you should ask professional high jumpers how efficient it is. They only jump off of one leg, probably because they don't want to jump too high, right ;)