What’s NOT good with Rozena?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Hi all,
Korbel Rozena Rozena,
Beginner-intermediate.
The new butterfly matrix places rozena as spinier and faster than, for example 05fx. With really good control.
Yet - it’s seen as an intermediate rubber - something to move on for as one improves and it’s priced as such - at about 50% of the “premium” rubbers. My question is :why?
What is it about Rozena that is compromise? What is it that means advancing players would move on to tenergy or Dignics or whatever?
What’s not good about it?
Cheers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Nothing is wrong with rozena, it is a good rubber and priced okay, especially from butterfly.
If you like it you like it if you don't you don't.

I guess the biggest difference between tenergy and rozena is that the tenergy topsheet is more sensitive, it can make more spin if you have the ability to use it, however it is more sensitive to incoming spin so you have to be more precise with your racket angles otherwise you will make more mistake during passive play, especially serve receives. Rozena's topsheet is less sensitive so you can get away with less precision.

A less obvious difference between Rozena - Tenergy - Dignics is how much power you can make. If you are a physically weak player rozena will be the easiest to use. Even with low power you can get most of its potential, while for tenergy you need more strength and for dignics quite a bit more strength. If you have the power tenergy and dignics will give you more.

Why is rozena a lot cheaper than tenergy and dignics? Well I don't particularly know but let's just assume for a minute that butterfly is not this evil company that rips everyone off and once in a while tries to make gear accessible to more people especially for 8-16 year old kids whom rozena would suit since they are not yet powerful but they can get used to the "spring sponge" effect and later on transition to tenergy or dignics.
Or another way to think is that butterfly is calculating that they need to give X thousand of sheets to Tenergy to pro players and Y thousand sheets of Dignics to pro players a year and they add the cost of that into the same rubbers prices. While they don't do the same with Rozena so its cheaper.
I am skeptical that there is a big production cost difference between rozena and dignics.

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
Korbel Rozena Rozena,
Beginner-intermediate.
The new butterfly matrix places rozena as spinier and faster than, for example 05fx. With really good control.
Yet - it’s seen as an intermediate rubber - something to move on for as one improves and it’s priced as such - at about 50% of the “premium” rubbers. My question is :why?
What is it about Rozena that is compromise? What is it that means advancing players would move on to tenergy or Dignics or whatever?
Cheers
In the eyes of other TT enthusiast:

1. Rozena user
1E9ADB38-16A4-4019-B01C-39CBB9B0F1F3.jpeg

2. Tenergy user
8637DC48-6E8A-4900-BE5A-D847E4722036.jpeg

3. Dignics user
E30D093E-E2B0-4946-8BFB-200B0B29197E.jpeg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Nothing is wrong with rozena, it is a good rubber and priced okay, especially from butterfly.

I guess the biggest difference between tenergy and rozena is that the tenergy topsheet is more sensitive, it can make more spin if you have the ability to use it, however it is more sensitive to incoming spin so you have to be more precise with your racket angles otherwise you will make more mistake during passive play, especially serve receives. Rozena's topsheet is less sensitive so you can get away with less precision.

A less obvious difference between Rozena - Tenergy - Dignics is how much power you can make. If you are a physically weak player rozena will be the easiest to use. Even with low power you can get most of its potential, while for tenergy you need more strength and for dignics quite a bit more strength. If you have the power tenergy and dignics will give you more.

Why is rozena a lot cheaper than tenergy and dignics? Well I don't particularly know but let's just assume for a minute that butterfly is not this evil company that rips everyone off and once in a while tries to make gear accessible to more people especially for 8-16 year old kids whom rozena would suit since they are not yet powerful but they can get used to the "spring sponge" effect and later on transition to tenergy or dignics.
Or another way to think is that butterfly is calculating that they need to give X thousand of sheets to Tenergy to pro players and Y thousand sheets of Dignics to pro players a year and they add the cost of that into the same rubbers prices. While they don't do the same with Rozena so its cheaper.
I am skeptical that there is a big production cost difference between rozena and dignics.
Zwill,
Thanks for your long and detailed reply. That aligns with what I have understood as well. However as a developing player I don’t trust my judgement with SO many variables. It just took me surprise when
In the eyes of other TT enthusiast:

1. Rozena user View attachment 24692

2. Tenergy user
View attachment 24693

3. Dignics user
View attachment 24694

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023

Zwill,
Thanks for your long and detailed reply. That aligns with what I have understood as well. However as a developing player I don’t trust my judgement with SO many variables. It just took me surprise when

… the new matrix showed rozena as spinier and faster than 05fx which I was thinking of moving “up” to. I alsotried a bat with tenergy 19 and found I could hit bertter forehand topspin with a better trajectory. I wonder if rozena, with all its forgivingness actually makes it harder to play with good technique?

Hi all,
Korbel Rozena Rozena,
Beginner-intermediate.
Cheers
Rozena and Tenergy are not even playing in the same league.
Its like comparing a Porsche 911 to a WW Beatle. No way that Rozena is spinnier than T05FX. It doesn't even come close.

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
Zwill,

… the new matrix showed rozena as spinier and faster than 05fx which I was thinking of moving “up” to. I alsotried a bat with tenergy 19 and found I could hit bertter forehand topspin with a better trajectory. I wonder if rozena, with all its forgivingness actually makes it harder to play with good technique?
In my view Rozena and the FX range do very different things and feel very different.

Rozena does everything well but with slightly more control, flexibility and speed and is just generally more forgiving - but it’s still a great all round rubber for most players.

FX rubbers are softer Tenergy’s and whilst a little easier to access, are still bouncy and challenging rubbers to play with consistently.

I have tried both on all wood blades recently looking for an easier solution to develop my technique whilst still retaining decent spin and speed. In my view Rozena is superior for this.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
No - a rubber like Rozena encourages good technique. It may be forgiving but you have to work harder than with a Tenergy to achieve the level of spin and speed you want, which drives better stroke mechanics. The forgiveness element allows you to develop confidence in the stroke without worrying about the ball going long.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
The Matrix is wrong. Rozena is fast but it is not a spinny rubber. As Lazer says above, noooo way it as spinny as T05fx. No matter how you hit, it is going to be less spinny.

Reactions: Lazer

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Rozena‘s durability is quite poor.
This is not my experience with Rozena. Mine last about as long as normal tenergy and longer than fx.

At an intermediate level, basically everyone writing on a forum, Butterfly offers three options imo. Depending what you prioritize, choose:
Rozena if you want to land more loops on the table with marginally lower quality
Tenergy if you want to make more amazing shots and also accept more unforced errors
Dignics if you want to impress other players with your equipment

These are all legitimate goals. Personally I like to win points so I play with Rozena, after using various tenergy and fxes for years. I tested dignics and find it to be absolute shit, for me. YMMV

I do not know about Glayzer since it's not available here yet. I will for sure buy a sheet of regular glayzer, and equally sure not bother with the 09c version.

says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
Jan 2023
This is not my experience with Rozena. Mine last about as long as normal tenergy and longer than fx.

At an intermediate level, basically everyone writing on a forum, Butterfly offers three options imo. Depending what you prioritize, choose:
Rozena if you want to land more loops on the table with marginally lower quality
Tenergy if you want to make more amazing shots and also accept more unforced errors
Dignics if you want to impress other players with your equipment

These are all legitimate goals. Personally I like to win points so I play with Rozena, after using various tenergy and fxes for years. I tested dignics and find it to be absolute shit, for me. YMMV

I do not know about Glayzer since it's not available here yet. I will for sure buy a sheet of regular glayzer, and equally sure not bother with the 09c version.
In what way the Dignics fail you? Too hard? Too fast and uncontrollable? or other reasons?

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
In what way the Dignics fail you? Too hard? Too fast and uncontrollable? or other reasons?
D09c too hard, not dynamic at all. Prefer H8 or Battle 2 if I would use a hard rubber. D05 I tried only on other people's bat, but was so bouncy and uncontrollable I felt no desire to spend $90 to try on my own blade.

That's just me, obviously they work for other players. But since the OP starts by saying he is intermediate I suspect he will have similar results.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
D09c too hard, not dynamic at all. Prefer H8 or Battle 2 if I would use a hard rubber. D05 I tried only on other people's bat, but was so bouncy and uncontrollable I felt no desire to spend $90 to try on my own blade.

That's just me, obviously they work for other players. But since the OP starts by saying he is intermediate I suspect he will have similar results.
Agreed - as an intermediate player who has tried the Dignics you mention here I had that experience. 09c easier to control but hard work, 05 too much for me (harder to manage than T05)

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Never tried Rozena, but maybe it is worth buying a sheet!!

I‘ve tried T80fx, T05, T19, D09C, Spin Art, Aibiss
T80fx when I started playing again, too bouncy & fast, for me then, definitely felt softer.
T05, T19, D09C and Spin Art later, when I had been playing for a couple of years, never liked the overall ‘feel’ although they are great rubbers (in the right hands!!!)
weirdly I found T05 to be good for chopping!!
As a result of the overall ‘feel’, I’ve never really wanted to try any other BTY rubbers.
I think that really, my technique and general level are not high enough to really get the best out of these rubbers.
The ’feel’ that I don’t like, is the ‘feel’ that many many many more people love, irrespective of their level and ability!!!!

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
There’s nothing NOT good with the Rozena rubbers.
I think, in most cases, for intermediate players these rubbers are totally fine and deliver all you need if you are not a (semi) pro player.

Besides I guess most of people wondering about the price Tag see butterfly as a „high price only“ company and then conclude the Rozena must be something of low quality.
But BTY shows that this is not true at all.

And a very important point is the introduction of the Glayzer Rubber.
They lowered the price of the Rozena to have a gap between these rubbers.
If the Rozenas had the same price as the now new coming Glayzer, nearly nobody would give the Rozena a try.
And now they have a even wider price range with excellent rubbers and can speak to a much bigger target group of customers.
In my opinion this was an intelligent move.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wrighty67

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Rozena cost was like 50€ a few months ago, now it’s 35€ because new glayzers are coming out
Interesting. In the US rozena was $40 for years already (on sale, but sale went forever). Glayzer will be $54 to start.

Reactions: FrenchFrog33

Tiz

This user has no status.

Tiz

This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Interesting. In the US rozena was $40 for years already (on sale, but sale went forever). Glayzer will be $54 to start.
Yes I bought it last July for $40 and it's still like that. Actually I think for Black Friday there was a further 10% discount.
On the topic, since I'm a intermediate player, I never used T05 or Dignics, I can compare Rozena 2.1, which I used for 3 months on my FH on a Stiga Arctic Wood, to Andro Rasanter R42 and V42 2.3 that I used for about a year.
Rozena does everything well without excelling in anything. Spin is good but not exceptional, and so is speed.
Very good is control and blocking, probably that's why a lot of people like it on the BH. For me the best part of Rozena is the feel and the linearity compared to R42. With R42 there's a quite pronounced catapult effect at low speed that makes it difficult to keep the ball low during short game. Rozena is more linear and it's easier to use.
Of the three Rozena is the one I would like maybe to try again on a faster blade.

Last edited:
Reactions: PakDa1988