What Are Hybrid Table Tennis Rubbers and Why Are They So Popular Nowadays?

This user has no status.
Yes same here @Marvinn8686 , Rakza Z is decent tackiness, I like it. 8-80 also
Actually I decided to try again H8-80 after reaidng your review. 2 years ago I had it on slower all-wood blade and it felt dead and not very reactive (although serves were great as it was still really tacky). I bought Donic Waldner WC89 what appeared to be stiffer and harder than I expected, quite fast for inner carbon blade. So I was searching for slower tacky rubbers to balance it, but with not too hard sponge. Also read your review of Rakza Z so decided to give both a try and I am really happy with this setup. Rakza I play for 2 months and H8-80 one month, but it convinced me to suspend my EJing for a while :)
 
  • Love
Reactions: victormanriquey
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Active Member
Jan 2026
671
606
2,697
Actually I decided to try again H8-80 after reaidng your review. 2 years ago I had it on slower all-wood blade and it felt dead and not very reactive (although serves were great as it was still really tacky). I bought Donic Waldner WC89 what appeared to be stiffer and harder than I expected, quite fast for inner carbon blade. So I was searching for slower tacky rubbers to balance it, but with not too hard sponge. Also read your review of Rakza Z so decided to give both a try and I am really happy with this setup. Rakza I play for 2 months and H8-80 one month, but it convinced me to suspend my EJing for a while :)
Ah nice man! Fantastic stuff, those 2 are such great rubbers, when people want power but with control, the Rakza Z and the 8-80 are always in my top 3 FH/BH combos! Very happy you are enjoying the setup and that your wallet is suffering less now ;) Remember when you wanna get new rubbers you have a 25% with my code, why pay more ;)
 
Top