What are the best/popular limba-inner ZLC blades?

says Glory to Ukraine 🇺🇦
I have owned and played such limba innerforce: layer zlc, Apolonia, Franziska - those are very good and quality blades. If you like innerforce type - you can’t go wrong with them. But it all depends on your skill, and style of play.

Apolonia has the hardest feel of them all; harder to master but the quality of loops from it is outstanding, innerforce layer the softest and the easiest for a first carbon blade, it’s almost like an allwood one, and Franziska is something in between, but it has the most flex of them all, remind me a bit HL5 in this department, so it’s a bit easier to control than Apolonia, but those flex - you just need to get used to it.

Other brands I don’t really using, bc I don’t see the reason why I should 🤓

Last edited:
Reactions: dec88
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Other brands I don’t really using, bc I don’t see the reason why I should 🤓
good for you. I can dig it that you need no other brand than BTY because you either can afford to buy them or are sponsored.
For everybody else, who are not "grandmasters", there are quite a few Chinese made products on the market that will do the same as BTY -blades for a fraction of the price.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
I like the Yinhe Pro-05. Limba top, KLC inner. ~$55, free shipping at AliExpress. Great quality.

For comparison:
* Yinhe Pro-05: 1356Hz, 85.0g, 5.9mm. Limba top, inner carbon.
* Yinhe Pro-01: 1485Hz. 88.8g. 5.8mm. Koto top, outer carbon.
* Yinhe 970xx-A: 1313Hz, 89g, 5.8mm-thick. Koto top, inner carbon.
* DHS Fang Bo B2: 1320Hz, 91.9g, 6.0mm. Limba top, inner carbon.
* Yinhe Pro Feeling: 1399Hz, 88g, 5.8mm. Koto top, inner "volcaryl" carbon.

So the Pro-05 plays like the Fang Bo B2 (softer touch compared to Koto top blades).

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
It seems like there are a ton of inner ALC blades but I don't hear many zlc blades mentioned. What are the best limba-inner zlc blades? I only have heard of Harimoto zlc and innerforce zlc.

Do other top companies (Tibhar, Stiga, Xiom, etc) have a good inner zlc blade?
love the harimoto series, the apolonia was pretty good as well. the layer ones seem like a downgrade of the original inner zlc... discontinued T-=T

says Glory to Ukraine 🇺🇦
good for you. I can dig it that you need no other brand than BTY because you either can afford to buy them or are sponsored.
For everybody else, who are not "grandmasters", there are quite a few Chinese made products on the market that will do the same as BTY -blades for a fraction of the price.
I don’t mind other brands, just when I go to table tennis shop 80% of their blades are butterfly products, some Joola, and DHS, and that’s it. So there is not much room for picking. I have ordered some nittaku, and yasaka rubbers, and blades from tt11 - it ends up that i giving them as a gifts to a coach, or some trainings partners.
If you like Chinese products it’s cool, and I have nothing wrong with that.

But the point “the same as BTY” is kinda misquote, they can be pretty good or kinda similar but definitely not the same. Is HL5 is the same as HALC? Definitely no, but DHS using the same structure and wood.

I can afford whatever I want, why I need to buy some Ali express Chinese stuff “for the fraction of price”, with unknown for me quality and playing characteristics? For what reason? If someone is seeing sense in it - it’s pretty okay, everyone picks things that suits their budget.

Your comments already sounds like you offended by something, but there is no sense to be offended on me

Last edited:
says Glory to Ukraine 🇺🇦
love the harimoto series, the apolonia was pretty good as well. the layer ones seem like a downgrade of the original inner zlc... discontinued T-=T
I have all the butterfly innerfoce zlc’s, besides harimoto ones, maybe need to have it in my collection. And for the layer - I agreed, it’s the downgrade. It’s the slowest, not so powerful, but it’s more amateur friendly so still very popular. Harimoto zlc is more like the older version of innerforce with larger head, and bigger handle - which is better for my taste

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I think KLC is ALC with a different name.
KLC-613x800-1.jpg
this is why you are completely wrong 😁

Reactions: Lowday20298
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
View attachment 25675
Not completely... only 55% wrong :D
still makes you a winner then.
Do we actually know what ALC and KLC stand for ?
KLC could stand for Kevlar/carbon.................Kevlar of course known as Aramid
ALC could therefore stand for Aramid/carbon ......unless it is a Butterfly blade then
of course it would be Arylate/carbon..........OR IS IT ???? 😂

says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
Jan 2023
still makes you a winner then.
Do we actually know what ALC and KLC stand for ?
KLC could stand for Kevlar/carbon.................Kevlar of course known as Aramid
ALC could therefore stand for Aramid/carbon ......unless it is a Butterfly blade then
of course it would be Arylate/carbon..........OR IS IT ???? 😂
KLC is indeed Kevlar-carbon, at least for Yinhe https://ppong.co.uk/products/yinhe-pd-434-fl-blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
I have all the butterfly innerfoce zlc’s, besides harimoto ones, maybe need to have it in my collection. And for the layer - I agreed, it’s the downgrade. It’s the slowest, not so powerful, but it’s more amateur friendly so still very popular. Harimoto zlc is more like the older version of innerforce with larger head, and bigger handle - which is better for my taste
how would you think the harimoto zlc stands up to the harimoto szlc? how do you think a transition from harimoto zlc to szlc would be like? do you think I need to make any rubber choices based on the bounciness/reactivity of the szlc? I am thinking of switching to hurricane 3 bs on the harimoto szlc... what do you think?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
how would you think the harimoto zlc stands up to the harimoto szlc? how do you think a transition from harimoto zlc to szlc would be like? do you think I need to make any rubber choices based on the bounciness/reactivity of the szlc? I am thinking of switching to hurricane 3 bs on the harimoto szlc... what do you think?
Absolutely H3 BS on the Harimoto SZLC makes a lot of sense. A lot of Chinese style players seem to really like this blade.

I only have the Stuor clone version of this blade (but this is an excellent clone and my favorite blade) and I often use H3 or tacky rubbers on it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Absolutely H3 BS on the Harimoto SZLC makes a lot of sense. A lot of Chinese style players seem to really like this blade.

I only have the Stuor clone version of this blade (but this is an excellent clone and my favorite blade) and I often use H3 or tacky rubbers on it.
do you think something like d05/d80 would be too bouncy on it? or should i switch to fastarc g1, h3 37 degrees?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
do you think something like d05/d80 would be too bouncy on it? or should i switch to fastarc g1, h3 37 degrees?
Well it depends on your level and style of play. For aggressive and powerful loopers, I think D05 would not be ideal on the fh. H3 hard, D09c, Loki Arthur China, GTX, those types of rubbers with better hold on the ball would play better.

I dont think fastarc g1 is a good fit either.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Well it depends on your level and style of play. For aggressive and powerful loopers, I think D05 would not be ideal on the fh. H3 hard, D09c, Loki Arthur China, GTX, those types of rubbers with better hold on the ball would play better.

I dont think fastarc g1 is a good fit either.
i was talking abt my bh as I plan to use h3 on my fh