What are the plies of my blade made of?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Thanks mate.

You're absolutely right. The core-ply does look different.

As far as i understood Mr. Xu right (he wasn't easy to understand on the phone), it is made from Ayous. So probably it's gonna 'behave' a little different than the NSO and the americanhinoki. I'll let you know tomorrow.

A friend of mine whose team is sponsored by Andro promised me to give me his last rubbers which were used just for a couple of weeks. His team gets them every couple of weeks (they play in 7th league, which is called Verbandsliga).
So one is gonna be a Rasant Powergrip, the other a Rasant Grip. He knew i wanted to test those rubbers anyway and asked me, if i could use them. I would be stupid to say no. Nice move and quite generous also, since the rubbers are still gonna be ok for a couple of weeks. I hope they gonna fit...

If everything goes right, he's probably gonna give them to me in a few hours... ;)

Really lookin' forward.
At the moment we have a winterbreak in our league season, so i hopefully be able to test excessively...

Der_Echte probably's gotta vomit when he sees the weight of the blade. :D

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Hahaha. What do you think would happen if we forced Der_Echte to play with a racket that was under 70 grams!!!!

Hmm. You know me. I would certainly tell it to you to your face like Next Level would.

And in a Der_Echte unique rambling style, I would tell you in great technical detail...

- WHERE you could shove such a light blade

- The exact ORIENTATION of the blade as you shove it in Urself

- and if there was any room remaining, what else you could shove up there.

You get the picture.

Anyways, that is just Der_Echte's personal feeling for blades of that weight weight. Not everyone feels that way and everyone is entitled to purchase and enjoy a blade of their choice.

Actually, if he bought this one and loves it, he is doing better than 99.9% of EJ crowd who never find a blade they can stay with even after 100 purchases.

Reactions: Suga D
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Der_Echte probably's gotta vomit when he sees the weight of the blade. :D

Actually, I think you got it all wrong. I would rip off its head and deficate down what is remaining, while reciting what CONAN responded to what is best in life. My Pastor had a church group session last night asking for new year's resolutions and immediately responded with CRUSH my Enemies, See them driven before me... than gave my real resolution.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Actually, I think you got it all wrong. I would rip off its head and deficate down what is remaining, while reciting what CONAN responded to what is best in life. My Pastor had a church group session last night asking for new year's resolutions and immediately responded with CRUSH my Enemies, See them driven before me... than gave my real resolution.

:D :D :D
Hahahahaaa...
Man, after all these years Arnie's accent hardly became better.
Great find. Made my day. :)

I think one day i really wanna try out one of your modded blades. I think you're quite right with the balance aspect.

See, when i first restarted playing TT i played with the Persson Powerplay Senso for about 4 months. It felt so misbalanced, so i soon jumped to the Dotec Waldner Carbon which felt way better and much more balanced although it was rocket fast.
But finding the NSO last springtime was like coming home again and it is actually also well balanced. Solid handle, etc.

But the rubbers i use make it a little head heavy, more than with the Dotec, with its cork handle which probably has soaked up a lot of my handsweat....
So a heavier blade with a heavier handle could really bring some more balance.

Hmmmmm.... Maybe i'll start out with grip tape to see how it feels.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Finally my friend came over and dropped the rubbers.

They still look quite ok'ish and hopefully i can play them a few weeks more, since i've read their durability isn't very long, but i don't wanna sound complaining and i'm thankful he let me have them for free.

Both rubbers are in 2.1mm thickness.

IMG_20151213_002842.jpg
IMG_20151213_220621.jpg
IMG_20151213_220626.jpg
IMG_20151214_012520.jpg
IMG_20151214_012552.jpg
IMG_20151214_012545.jpg

So far so good. They are a tiny bit smaller than the blade, but it should be ok.
I guess in a few weeks i'm gonna put on my usual rubber setup, to get a better comparison of the blade.

But the handle feels really similar to the NSO. Glad they didn't make it too beefy. Only the color and most likely the used wood of the handle is different.

Our practice hall is closed now, but 2morrow i'll know more. The glue should be dry by then...

Can't wait to give 'em a try... :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Now i've been testing the rubbers and blade for a couple of days and i must say it feels quite nice. After these rubbers are wornout and i put on my usual rubber setup I shall soon do a review of the blade.
In terms of stiffness/flex it actually feels a bit inbetween the old NSO and the
Americanhinoki. A little stiffer than the NSO and a little more flex than the Americanhinoki.
Also the speed is somewhat inbetween All+ and Off-. It's a little faster than the NSO and a tiny bit slower than my Americanhinoki. It's got a nice grab and allows to put decent rotation on the ball quite easy.
I just found i don't want Euro/japanese rubbers on my fh at the moment. Maybe when i get old and can't move properly anymore.
That 'Rasant Powergrip' is way too springy and too little spinny for my fh for my taste. The Arc is a little flatter than the 'Grip'.
Shortplay takes some time to adjust. I guess i'll stick to my chinese fh rubber as long as i'm able to move.
The 'Rasant Grip' actually felt quite nice on my bh. It's also pretty springy and felt quite different to my T05 but i could play with it on my bh without major adjustments. But since the price is just a couple of Euro less than T05 it's not an Alternative (and especially not a cheap one) for me. Maybe if it was 10,- Euro less it might make me rethink, but for now i stick with what i know and no experimenting.

Oh yeah, i was hitting on the robot with it and let two of my teammates hit with it while i took a break to get a sip of water. Look how it came back
:(

IMG_20151223_211539.jpg
IMG_20151223_211548.jpg

This hasn't happened to me since i restarted in 2011, give the blade away for five minutes and BAMMM there you go... :mad:

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
When a lot of us forumers were researching how to make hte fastest blade in the universe, we came up with a material we embedded into the wood calls Fastidium.
Sorry i do not folow .....give me a hint.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Nasty! I feel sorry for that.
1 rule I implement during training is no borrowing of racket, players always end up beating each other outside the gate after sessions [emoji85]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Thanks mate,
what actually made my blood pressure rise wasn't that ugly-azz dent.
I was more aroused that i had to find out on my own when i was home after training.
Dude didn't have the balls to tell me.
:(