What are the plies of my blade made of?

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Have you checked to see if Soulspin has something that resembles your old Nittaku?

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Now that was a good solution.

Sent from TheSecretHideout using TheInfamousNSASpyPhone

I like that it has your forum user name on it!!!

Thanks carl. :)
It also used to be my name when i used to DJ every once in a while.
Kevin was very customer oriented. I would recommend him and his work ANYtime again... :)
It's worldwide the one and only Suga D blade and it cost less than a carbonado or a few others... :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Have you checked to see if Soulspin has something that resembles your old Nittaku?

Thanks, Baal. Yes i did. Actually Lukas was my first Idea, since he seems to be also doing the Nittaku distribution here in Germany. My first question was if he could look in the warehouses if there was any NSO Blades left, but unfortunately there weren't, but he told me, he could try to rebuild it for me, which was a nice service. But after letting him know, that this would be a 3+2 ply Hinoki blade, he told me that they can't make me a Hinoki Blade, 'cause the wood would be hard to get for him, and they neither have any experience with Hinoki, but he could make me a blade made of spruce. That was a very honest answer, but that wasn't what i've been lookin' for...

But i maybe could have asked the former old Nittaku Distributor... Why didn't i think of that before?
Well anyway Kevin's done an excellent job and i'm soooo satisfied. :)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Thanks, Baal. Yes i did. Actually Lukas was my first Idea, since he seems to be also doing the Nittaku distribution here in Germany. My first question was if he could look in the warehouses if there was any NSO Blades left, but unfortunately there weren't, but he told me, he could try to rebuild it for me, which was a nice service. But after letting him know, that this would be a 3+2 ply Hinoki blade, he told me that they can't make me a Hinoki Blade, 'cause the wood would be hard to get for him, and they neither have any experience with Hinoki, but he could make me a blade made of spruce. That was a very honest answer, but that wasn't what i've been lookin' for...

But i maybe could have asked the former old Nittaku Distributor... Why didn't i think of that before?
Well anyway Kevin's done an excellent job and i'm soooo satisfied. :)

And you've hit with it and you like how it plays? That is very cool!

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
And you've hit with it and you like how it plays? That is very cool!

Unfortunately not (yet)...

It came earlier than expected. I first wanted to glue on my old rubbers, but then i realized this wasn't good enough. This babe deserves a new dress. So i'll be off to the store tomorrow....

But the sound it makes when i bounce a ball plus the bounce itself is VERY, VERY close to my NSO...
Well, tomorrow evening i'll know more...
I'll keep you up to date ;)

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
UNACCEPTABLE. Carl will not wait that long. Put sum pep in ur step mister. :D

I bet Carl would luv to have a hit with it. For the next month or two it might be a good idea to let no one get within 10 meters of you just to be safe...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
UNACCEPTABLE. Carl will not wait that long. Put sum pep in ur step mister. :D

I bet Carl would luv to have a hit with it. For the next month or two it might be a good idea to let no one get within 10 meters of you just to be safe...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Cooooookie!!!!!!

c82cdc6ffed891392ca60f0743d48af6.jpg

Reactions: Liten and Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Spurce does look like hinoki (see the Donic WC89 blades : the top ply is spurce)........but appart from the look, it has nothing in common with Hinoki, it is much much harder.

Thanks Killerspintt, i'm glad i didn't get impatient and let the blade be made of spruce.
That would have been quite a surprise.
:)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Well how does the new American Hinoki, Suga D model blade play? You've got to let us know.

Sent from GroundZero from my NanoWeaponOfMassDestruction

Hey carl,
it plays excellent. :D
You guys were right though, it DOES play a little different than my NSO, meaning it vibrates a little less and feels a bit stiffer, (but who would expect anything else, since my NSO is nearly 30 years old)
But it's got a very nice grab and allows to put some decent rotation on the ball.
It took a couple of minutes to adjust the fh, 'cause the rubber didn't break in yet and the first couple of loops didn't make it past the net, but nothing that couldn't be adjusted.. :)
But the backhand was even harder and faster than with my NSO. Also counterlooping from 2 steps behind the table were (according to my practice partner) more spinny and fast.
At shortplay it still felt sensitive and controllable.
All in all it was a great deal and excellent service provided by Kevin. I'm happy i made this decision... :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Good luck, but my blade guard is pretty protective.. ;)

View attachment 8299

Besides, how could someone steal a Suga D custom pro model blade from the man himself.

But Suga D may need to look out for the goon squad. The major TT companies aren't gonna like that he wiggled his way around the system and got his own pro model without them even realizing he learned the secret handshake.

Sent from Godric'sHollow using the ResurrectionStone

Last edited:
Reactions: BeGo and Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
But there would be a blade that plays pretty close to the NSO.
Its name is Yinhe Bogen
The ply setup is supposed to be like this:
Hinoki ( 0,6 ) - Carbon ( 0,1 ) - Ajous ( 4,0 ) - Carbon ( 0,1 ) - Hinoki ( 0,6 mm )
Have you ever played with that blade or heard of it? Well i don't.
PLUS it doesn't seem to be produced anymore as well, 'cause i could only find one single shop selling it on the whole wide web... (Aaargh again!!!)

The 7P-2A is an allwood blade, that's why i thought the Darker 'Esteem' would be closer to my NSO, but in terms of speed i guess you're right again.... Man, i don't know.. My vision's getting blurry again... :)
Maybe i should have a cup of tea and a liedown

Well, i had a cup o' tea and a liedown and finally found the Bogen Blade.
After a little research i found out that Yinhe made them a while a go, saying it was supposed to be a softer european version of the Yinhe T-6. But Yinhe doesn't produce them anymore under their lable. They produce it now for a chinese owned german company named Arbalest.
That's why i couldn't find any Yinhe Bogen Blades. I contacted the Yinhe Distributor for germany Mr. Xu Youmei from
www.galaxysport.de and ordered a Bogen blade from him.
http://www.galaxysport.de/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_205&products_id=2707

The blade looks nice and they even made the anatomic handleshape quite similar to the original NSO.

IMG_20151213_215729.jpg
IMG_20151213_003032.jpg
IMG_20151213_003025.jpg
IMG_20151213_003047.jpg
IMG_20151213_003123.jpg
IMG_20151213_215904.jpg
IMG_20151213_215811.jpg

Last edited: