What if Felix Lebron switched his equipment. . .

This user has no status.
Ok, so you and I like the same thing.

My suggestions:

1. Xiom Vega Asia or Japan. Both are a bit harder than Xiom Vega Europe. And both are a bit more catapulty than Europe. I find Japan's top sheet to be softer and slightly better quality. But I like both. These two would be the most budget friendly options.

2. C-1. I find C-1 to play closely with Rakza 7 soft. Maybe slightly less catapulty. C-1 is a very good rubber.

3. Donic BlueFire M2. I just recently started using this rubber because, well, it comes in blue. I like it so far. I think it is slightly harder than Rakza 7 soft. I have a sheet of M1 that I have not installed yet. By pressing on it, M1 reminds me of G1. M3 might be too soft for you. You can try M2 if you want.

4. Rakza 7. Obvious choice if you like Razka 7 soft and you are ready for a harder sponge. Personally, I have a sheet of Rakza 7 regular and a sheet of Rakza X regular in original packaging. I am not ready to open either packages because my BH is not ready for them yet.

5. Tibhar EL-S, EL-P or EL-D. So I have played with MX-P, MX-S, EL-S, and FX-P and FX-D. I like the series ok. They are slightly more expensive than Rakza 7 soft and C-1. Some people complain that the rubber do not play well after a couple of months. I don't feel that way though. FX-D and FX-P are fine. They are now too soft for me. MX-P I had one sheet before and I did not like it. MX-S is too hard for my carbon blade and it works wonderfully sitting on the BH of a 7-ply all wood blade. I have had two sheets of EL-S and I like them. They are just about the right hardness right now for my BH development. The Tibhar Revolutions series seem to be more catapulty than G-1/C-1, Xiom Vega Series and Rakza series but less cataputly than Tenergy fx series.

In summary, I don't think you need to go Tenergy or Dignics yet. There are plenty of ESN rubbers for you to upgrade to. For example, I have played with Xiom Vega Pro and Xiom Vega X. They are both on my spare blades right now. Just too hard for me at this point.

Ok, nice list, i will give them a more deep or long read and research, and hopefully to find some in my area with those to try before.

Thank you very much

This user has no status.
It's interesting that the thread has transformed into a full-blown rubber discussion, which I like 😆
It happens so often anywhere, it is fine, sometimes it gets back on topic eventually, sometimes it keeps off topic for a while, just not a big deal anyway, just not going that long transformation anyway, we apologize.

This user has no status.
I can't really see either Lebrun choosing anything other than K3. We'll have to wait for future rubbers that could somehow surpass current rubbers.
If they are sponsored by Tibhar, why didn't they play with Evolution series too at least one of the brothers, or at least on one side of the blade, not like having both sides with Hybrid series.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
If they are sponsored by Tibhar, why didn't they play with Evolution series too at least one of the brothers, or at least on one side of the blade, not like having both sides with Hybrid series.

Can't they just use the Tihbar blade only? Like FZD is sponsored by Butterfly, he's using a Butterfly blade and 09C, but his fh rubber is DHS H3

This user has no status.
Xiom makes fantastic rubbers. Personally Vega Pro and Vega X perform really close to T64 and D64. Durability is also fantastic.

The good old Vega China is slightly tacky, a decent alternative to 09C in my opinion.
I am not a fan of many brands, i only bought this Xiom Vega Europe according to reviews or feedback in TT11 [and Revspin], and it was nice, and now Vega Pro is kind of another great reviewed rubber, i am not deciding yet.

I once tried T64 and i hated it completely, i felt like it is T05 + T80, just you don't know what actual performance it is, and i already hated T80 i was using on my L5X, but T05 is remaining the best, and T05FX had good nice times with me before i gave up BTY rubbers, but because i bought another L5X and waiting it to arrive i might think again to return back to BTY rubbers.

This user has no status.
Can't they just use the Tihbar blade only? Like FZD is sponsored by Butterfly, he's using a Butterfly blade and 09C, but his fh rubber is DHS H3
Good question also, i don't know, maybe their FH and BH are the same so they liked that K3 on both sides, and for me i still think that pro players doesn't care which equipment they are using, it is only that they are sponsored with a specific brand so they use their products for promotion and sponsorship contract, once that is end they change to another brand and play fine easily, so it is not about type of equipment then, same with Sweden sponsored mostly with Stiga or Yasaka, and Germany maybe Donic [and GEWO?], i understand.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
I am not a fan of many brands, i only bought this Xiom Vega Europe according to reviews or feedback in TT11 [and Revspin], and it was nice, and now Vega Pro is kind of another great reviewed rubber, i am not deciding yet.

I once tried T64 and i hated it completely, i felt like it is T05 + T80, just you don't know what actual performance it is, and i already hated T80 i was using on my L5X, but T05 is remaining the best, and T05FX had good nice times with me before i gave up BTY rubbers, but because i bought another L5X and waiting it to arrive i might think again to return back to BTY rubbers.

Nothing against BTY rubbers, in fact I love them. If you have the budget just go for BTY. The durability is well worth it.

This user has no status.
Nothing against BTY rubbers, in fact I love them. If you have the budget just go for BTY. The durability is well worth it.
In fact Durability is exactly what made me to turn away from BTY, i mean i used 8 rubbers BTY in the past and none of them lasted more than 8months to 1 year, while many other brands rubbers lasted longer really such as MXP and G-1 and H3, so i felt like i don't have the budget to keep buying BTY every year, unless if i buy it again and i only use it very often to keep its durability.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
His short game is already very good with his setup. Having slow tacky rubber (slower ball release) means he won't be as much of a speed demon on his FH which will make him play worse. I like his playing style as it is and he shouldn't change it too much other than refining the techniques he already has.
I wonder if his technique is suited for Chinese rubber? He uses a very short arm technique on forehand and not a long straight arm swing like xu xin.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Can't they just use the Tihbar blade only?
No, TIBHAR is very strict about this. You could rather conceal another brand´s blade by putting TIBHAR handles on it, but even that is not well taken. Another brand´s rubber is totally out of the question. And also, K3 is a really good rubber, if maybe not the most durable, but what does a pro player care...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Ok, nice list, i will give them a more deep or long read and research, and hopefully to find some in my area with those to try before.

Thank you very much
You are welcome! Since budget is a concern of yours, I rank them a bit based on affordability.

Xiom Vega Asia or Japan would be my top recommendation for you. They are very affordable.

C-1 is the closest thing to Rakza 7 soft.

I rank EL-S, EL-P, EL-D last because they are the most expensive, slightly more than other ESN rubbers on the list. But if you like the catapulty effect of Tenergy 05fx, then maybe EL-S, EL-P and EL-D is where you want to land!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Xiom makes fantastic rubbers. Personally Vega Pro and Vega X perform really close to T64 and D64. Durability is also fantastic.

The good old Vega China is slightly tacky, a decent alternative to 09C in my opinion.
Agree. I have been working my way through the Xiom Vega series.

I think in my head, I have some stupid calculator. If I am going to pay certain of amount of money, I expect certain amount of performance.

For example, AK-47 and Big Dipper are not that expensive. But for that price I was disappointed because I might as well go back to hurricane for similar price, 30% bulk discount from TT11. And TT11 I don't have to wait, unlike Aliexpress where I get all these Yinhe rubbers from.

Then for $9-11 a sheet, I think Mercury II and Sanwei TT-88 Ultraspin are like steal! Solidly built. Mercury II is tacky as heck. TT-88 Ultraspin plays like a traditional euro-Jap rubber like a harder, beginner version of Mark V, etc. For beginner, 100% recommendation on both rubbers.

When you move up to ESN, for $35-$40 a sheet, Xiom Vega series is greatly priced.

I am now revolting and refusing to buy any ESN rubbers in the $55+ range.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
In fact Durability is exactly what made me to turn away from BTY, i mean i used 8 rubbers BTY in the past and none of them lasted more than 8months to 1 year, while many other brands rubbers lasted longer really such as MXP and G-1 and H3, so i felt like i don't have the budget to keep buying BTY every year, unless if i buy it again and i only use it very often to keep its durability.
Weird. Durability is pretty good for Butterfly products. Now, I don't know why people would want to keep their Butterfly rubbers for sooooo long. I mean, are you sure your Tenergy 05 or Dignics 05 is still the same rubber after a year's use? Maybe because it is so pricey that people just want to make it "last longer." Not sure.

MX-P, people talk about its durability to be terrible. Honestly, my experience with MX-S, EL-S and FX-P is good. They last for quite a while.

G-1 and C-1 last like forever!

H3 (the old version that was very tacky) just would not die!!!

Rakza series is another set of rubbers that last forever.

As for Xiom Vega series, because I am fooling around with Xiom Vega, Xiom Japan, Xiom Pro and Xiom X, I cannot say much about durability. Each does not get that much attention from me for the time being.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
Agree. I have been working my way through the Xiom Vega series.

I think in my head, I have some stupid calculator. If I am going to pay certain of amount of money, I expect certain amount of performance.

For example, AK-47 and Big Dipper are not that expensive. But for that price I was disappointed because I might as well go back to hurricane for similar price, 30% bulk discount from TT11. And TT11 I don't have to wait, unlike Aliexpress where I get all these Yinhe rubbers from.

Then for $9-11 a sheet, I think Mercury II and Sanwei TT-88 Ultraspin are like steal! Solidly built. Mercury II is tacky as heck. TT-88 Ultraspin plays like a traditional euro-Jap rubber like a harder, beginner version of Mark V, etc. For beginner, 100% recommendation on both rubbers.

When you move up to ESN, for $35-$40 a sheet, Xiom Vega series is greatly priced.

I am now revolting and refusing to buy any ESN rubbers in the $55+ range.
Strange, but for me I found Vega pro and X to be a real disappointment. Heavy, sluggish and lacking any real dynamics to distinguish them - in comparison Hammond Z2 and Q quality were both outstanding!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Strange, but for me I found Vega pro and X to be a real disappointment. Heavy, sluggish and lacking any real dynamics to distinguish them - in comparison Hammond Z2 and Q quality were both outstanding!

Heavy yes, but lots of gear and dynamic. I must say it depends on your blade

This user has no status.
I wonder if his technique is suited for Chinese rubber? He uses a very short arm technique on forehand and not a long straight arm swing like xu xin.
Probably not very suited. It's not so much the short arm but he doesn't rotate enough to generate max power.

Felix's game is not about power but sheer speed. Harimoto was super fast on the BH but not so much on the FH, Lebrun is super fast on both BH and FH.

This user has no status.
You are welcome! Since budget is a concern of yours, I rank them a bit based on affordability.

Xiom Vega Asia or Japan would be my top recommendation for you. They are very affordable.

C-1 is the closest thing to Rakza 7 soft.

I rank EL-S, EL-P, EL-D last because they are the most expensive, slightly more than other ESN rubbers on the list. But if you like the catapulty effect of Tenergy 05fx, then maybe EL-S, EL-P and EL-D is where you want to land!
Well, all what i can say is that the budget is a factor or a matter of time, this month or maybe next month i don't go for expensive rubbers but later i can even buying that expensive H3 National one if i have to, it is just i have time to decide until my blade arrives next month and taking my time.

So, is that C-1 better than Rakza 7 soft or not? I mean if it is better than i go for it, if not and only getting closer then i better stay with R7soft why change, it is not that i hate Rakza 7 soft, it is just i liked it and i am willing to use something better if so, not something less or same, i prefer softer because i can manage to return a lot of spinny serves, and when i attack it is much safer than harder to medium sponges, i might accept a hard sponge but so soft top sheet, but not that both are soft or both are hard.

Not interested in Tibhar rubbers for now, i am happy with Nittaku and few Yasaka rubbers, so i don't want to add more brands like Tibhar and Stiga and Donic and Andro and whatever, i will never stop then, most likely i try to have like 2-3 main blades which i use for practice and play and then another 2-3 blades for fun only, i might buy a third Long 5X later with ST handle and make it my main playing racket and leave the other two for practice, so i don't have to change rubbers a lot.