What if Felix Lebron switched his equipment. . .

If he was playing for China he probably would be using the Skyline 3 since the CNT uses DHS for FH at least.

I was actually just wondering today what kind of rubbers he uses…
He uses Tibhar Equipment per his contract. His own Felix Lebrun blade with Tibhar K3 on both sides.

Before that, he used the Innerforce ZLC with Dignics 09c on both sides

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
What if Felix Lebron switched to TG3 Blue sponge 41 on FH?

I bet his short game will be dramatically improved and rally away from table will be more powerful. However he might need more muscle to drive this monster rubber.
will DHS sponsor non-CNT players?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
If he was playing for China he probably would be using the Skyline 3 since the CNT uses DHS for FH at least.

He uses Tibhar Equipment per his contract. His own Felix Lebrun blade with Tibhar K3 on both sides.

Before that, he used the Innerforce ZLC with Dignics 09c on both sides
He just won WTT tournament.

I guess Tibhar K3 is better than Dignics 09c!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Is that just a fact or a feeling or just as you said a guess?
My comment was half joking.

I do have a sheet of Dignics 09c. It is ok. I still like Hurricane on my forehand.

I have not used K3 but yeah, on this board, many said that K3 durability is an issue. However, with 30% bulk discount on TT11 and on Dandoy, you can probably buy roughly two sheets of K3 for one sheet of D09c so it is up to you to decide which one is a better choice.

This user has no status.
His short game is already very good with his setup. Having slow tacky rubber (slower ball release) means he won't be as much of a speed demon on his FH which will make him play worse. I like his playing style as it is and he shouldn't change it too much other than refining the techniques he already has.

This user has no status.
My comment was half joking.

I do have a sheet of Dignics 09c. It is ok. I still like Hurricane on my forehand.

I have not used K3 but yeah, on this board, many said that K3 durability is an issue. However, with 30% bulk discount on TT11 and on Dandoy, you can probably buy roughly two sheets of K3 for one sheet of D09c so it is up to you to decide which one is a better choice.

What about Dignics 05? Honestly speaking i am not using Dignics to decide which one to use, and the biggest problem which is always the case is asking advanced players in my area, they all have different approaches, like someone said he loves T05 Hard on my FH, another said he loves D09C on his BH, and i saw few using D05/09C on FH too or BH, so that is one problem and i can't decide, the price though isn't encouraging.

I won't rush to go with Tibhar rubbers nowadays, i had their MX-P twice and i didn't like, not sure about their Hybrid versions, someone added MK on his BH and i gave it a little test myself, sounds not bad but i still prefer G-1 or Hammond Z2 over it, even my new Rakza XX is nice with one test and it is a keeper, i won't just follow Lebrun choice as they are Pro players where they are supported and sponsored so they can get the rubbers thousands times not a problem.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
What about Dignics 05? Honestly speaking i am not using Dignics to decide which one to use, and the biggest problem which is always the case is asking advanced players in my area, they all have different approaches, like someone said he loves T05 Hard on my FH, another said he loves D09C on his BH, and i saw few using D05/09C on FH too or BH, so that is one problem and i can't decide, the price though isn't encouraging.

I won't rush to go with Tibhar rubbers nowadays, i had their MX-P twice and i didn't like, not sure about their Hybrid versions, someone added MK on his BH and i gave it a little test myself, sounds not bad but i still prefer G-1 or Hammond Z2 over it, even my new Rakza XX is nice with one test and it is a keeper, i won't just follow Lebrun choice as they are Pro players where they are supported and sponsored so they can get the rubbers thousands times not a problem.
Do you like soft, medium or hard rubber on your backhand side?

I used to play with G-1 on my BH side when I used 5-ply wood blades. Now that I am using carbon blades, I like softer tensor rubbers such as C-1 and Razka 7 soft. If price is an issue, no need to get Tenergy or Dignics.

I have tried Tenergy 05 and Dignics 64 on my BH side. Too hard. I ripped the rubbers off and maybe I will reattach them to a blade later when my BH techniques are better. If you want to choose Butterfly, I like Dignics 09c on my FH (but still prefers Hurricane) and Tenergy 64fx on the BH. If you want to save some money, Rozena is really not bad. As for regular Glayzer, I have tried my friend's. It is pretty good but not $50 USD good.

I used to play with G-1 on my BH side when I used 5-ply wood blades. Now that I am using carbon blades, I like softer tensor rubbers such as C-1 and Razka 7 soft. If price is an issue, no need to get Tenergy or Dignics.

I have tried Tenergy 05 and Dignics 64 on my BH side. Too hard. I ripped the rubbers off and maybe I will reattach them to a blade later when my BH techniques are better. If you want to choose Butterfly, I like Dignics 09c on my FH (but still prefers Hurricane) and Tenergy 64fx on the BH. If you want to save some money, Rozena is really not bad. As for regular Glayzer, I have tried my friend's. It is pretty good but not $50 USD good.
You should try Friendship Bloom power now that H3 has lost the stickiness. I find it it better that H3 provinicial.

I found out that using a cleaner makes the stickiness comes back so what I said about its short life in another thread is invalid. With this I think I have extended its life significantly. I used the clear about twice a week now for 2 weeks and I have found no adverse effects.

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.

Soft to medium, mostly softer as i can get more control and i have enough speed to add to it.

The rubbers that shines so far on my BH for a while are:
1. Rakza 7 Soft
2. Tenergy 05FX
3. Xiom Viga Europe

So i am thinking about something similar to above if available at better price, otherwise i will stick with one of above.

This user has no status.
You should try Friendship Bloom power now that H3 has lost the stickiness. I find it it better that H3 provinicial.

I found out that using a cleaner makes the stickiness comes back so what I said about its short life in another thread is invalid. With this I think I have extended its life significantly. I used the clear about twice a week now for 2 weeks and I have found no adverse effects.

Cheers
L-zr
It happens to me where i bought Yinhe Big Dipper because of many posts or reviews about it, when i bought it and played with it i didn't like it much, not controllable as i wanted, so i don't want to do the same mistake and go with Friendship BP and then i find out it is not the one i should have too, but i am always open to many rubbers to test if the reviews are good to follow, it could be that my level is not matching many levels of members here so their choices not necessarily is good for me, who knows.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Soft to medium, mostly softer as i can get more control and i have enough speed to add to it.

The rubbers that shines so far on my BH for a while are:
1. Rakza 7 Soft
2. Tenergy 05FX
3. Xiom Viga Europe

So i am thinking about something similar to above if available at better price, otherwise i will stick with one of above.
Ok, so you and I like the same thing.

My suggestions:

1. Xiom Vega Asia or Japan. Both are a bit harder than Xiom Vega Europe. And both are a bit more catapulty than Europe. I find Japan's top sheet to be softer and slightly better quality. But I like both. These two would be the most budget friendly options.

2. C-1. I find C-1 to play closely with Rakza 7 soft. Maybe slightly less catapulty. C-1 is a very good rubber.

3. Donic BlueFire M2. I just recently started using this rubber because, well, it comes in blue. I like it so far. I think it is slightly harder than Rakza 7 soft. I have a sheet of M1 that I have not installed yet. By pressing on it, M1 reminds me of G1. M3 might be too soft for you. You can try M2 if you want.

4. Rakza 7. Obvious choice if you like Razka 7 soft and you are ready for a harder sponge. Personally, I have a sheet of Rakza 7 regular and a sheet of Rakza X regular in original packaging. I am not ready to open either packages because my BH is not ready for them yet.

5. Tibhar EL-S, EL-P or EL-D. So I have played with MX-P, MX-S, EL-S, and FX-P and FX-D. I like the series ok. They are slightly more expensive than Rakza 7 soft and C-1. Some people complain that the rubber do not play well after a couple of months. I don't feel that way though. FX-D and FX-P are fine. They are now too soft for me. MX-P I had one sheet before and I did not like it. MX-S is too hard for my carbon blade and it works wonderfully sitting on the BH of a 7-ply all wood blade. I have had two sheets of EL-S and I like them. They are just about the right hardness right now for my BH development. The Tibhar Revolutions series seem to be more catapulty than G-1/C-1, Xiom Vega Series and Rakza series but less cataputly than Tenergy fx series.

In summary, I don't think you need to go Tenergy or Dignics yet. There are plenty of ESN rubbers for you to upgrade to. For example, I have played with Xiom Vega Pro and Xiom Vega X. They are both on my spare blades right now. Just too hard for me at this point.