says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
What kind of choe make it so scary?

Here are a few examples:

This is back when she used to cho after almost every point she won:

This has some decent ones:

If you want to hear the scariest shrieking choes ever, skip to 5:28 in this next video:

Although, when she was younger, she would cho for almost every single point she won. It seems like she has mellowed some. But when she choes, I get scarred. I often think, "how could such a scary sound come out of such a pretty little girl."

That there sounds like the shrieking of a harpy. Sometimes it gives me nightmares to hear that.

Sent from my OuterSpacePhone using TroubleMakerTalk

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2015
same with lite foo fighters "The pretender"
g.png

Reactions: Liten
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
I believe my first answer didn't make a lot of sense there, so i rather opened up a new thread for that... :)

Well, anyway. I actually don't cho a lot. Only on some real good and important points.

There was this one old guy at our club, he didn't cho he was yelling something like: hussa!!

I find myself using that sometimes, too... :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
BTW, while I can't find youtube highlights for some reason, Sakura Mori actually played Bernadette Szocs once. I called it Battle of the Choing Banshees. It was hilarious to see one player choing and steaming ahead, and then the other came back from 0-2 down and won in the fifth getting louder and louder as her opponent got quieter and quieter...

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
Everyone loves a good cho surely :) obviously there's a time & place for it & if it's not after an epic hook & fade or an important shot you've got to ask yourself some serious questions!

What really grates me is the emergence of pro players shouting 'got it!', now even young academy players are saying it at Brit league & tournaments.

Reactions: NextLevel
says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
I still think Ma Lin takes the cake when it comes to this, not really due the uniqueness in the sound of it, but due his timing and personal use of cho's lmao.
Jan Ove Waldner misses a serve? Ma Lin: CHO LEY!!
Ma Lin Hits a net.. then edge ball? Ma Lin: LUCKYY!! (lmao)
Anyone remember that Cho (Cho, Cho Ley Cho, Cha Chi.. don't even know) where Ma Lin went trilingual?
I remember watching it, but can't remember what match it was in.
The chinese folks (wang liqin++) on the sidelines was giggling that time too lol.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
In thinking about it for real, I don't usually vocalize when I make a good shot that wins a point. Every so often I pump my fist and say "YES!" But that is rare.

But when I mess up on a shot that I should have made, I definitely say some shyte!

Sent from MountOlympus via Hermes'Caduceus

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Something for ya ears...

No....please....make them stop....it makes me scared....I don't want any more bad dreams....don't want any more nightmares....what kind of monsters did you say they were anyway!!!!!

Sent from MountOlympus via Hermes'Caduceus

Reactions: urbanzakapa