What makes Joola Flash balls so popular in Europe?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
I guess better to refer them as seamless balls.

Back in 2014-ish besides Nittaku these were the only non shit plastic balls with a reasonable price.
DHS balls were craptastic (remember all the pro player complaints back then?), Nittaku was expensive. Butterfly had their German made balls that was super weird and can't remember anyone who liked them.
I don't know how Double Fish balls were back then, a few years later I played with some which played pretty decent but broke like pocky...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I guess better to refer them as seamless balls.

Back in 2014-ish besides Nittaku these were the only non shit plastic balls with a reasonable price.
DHS balls were craptastic (remember all the pro player complaints back then?), Nittaku was expensive. Butterfly had their German made balls that was super weird and can't remember anyone who liked them.
I don't know how Double Fish balls were back then, a few years later I played with some which played pretty decent but broke like pocky...
basically, other than Nittaku (who has been making balls for over 100 years), the only other usable ball10 years ago is XSF made seamless balls.
DHS and DF balls were unusable - they break so easily.
I recall, 1 league match, they went through 3 balls in 2.5 hours (1 table). It was a very costly transition for many.
So Seamless balls was a lot more popular back then.

Then DHS came up with ABS and the latest edition - DJ40+ is basically one of the best balls in the market among pro players.
people don't really use seamless balls any more in the pro space (same as Nittaku balls - so it doesn't mean it not good balls, it just isn't tournament balls)

says .
says .
Feb 2019
Read 2 reviews
The flash was one of the less expensive balls with consistent quality. In addition to that, the flash is much more similar to the celluloid ball in terms of speed and spin.
When the clubs had to switch, a lot liked it because auf that.
The downside was, that the ball easily broke when hitting an edge ball. I remember a league game (3 doubles, 12 singles) where we managed to break 15 (!!!) new Joola Flashs.
That was the point when we decided to switch to Nittaku and eat the price premium…

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
The downside was, that the ball easily broke when hitting an edge ball. I remember a league game (3 doubles, 12 singles) where we managed to break 15 (!!!) new Joola Flashs.
wow

Well, the seamless of today is better than 10 years ago.
balls tend to last longer now, but still shorter than cellu days

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
That's Joola's strategy, it's not fair... A few officials in the national association and the trade is planned… Fortunately, not all clubs are convinced that what is offered to them is good and right!
in some places - it is who pays the most (you need to pay in to get them to use your product).

Reactions: harty
This user has no status.
The flash was one of the less expensive balls with consistent quality. In addition to that, the flash is much more similar to the celluloid ball in terms of speed and spin.
When the clubs had to switch, a lot liked it because auf that.
That was the point when we decided to switch to Nittaku and eat the price premium…
I second this, (older) National level players in my old Club wanted to play with this ball becasue it behaved similar to the old celluloid ball. But it was very fragile. One hit on the edge and it exploded..