What's going on with Hurricane Long 5 versions?

This user has no status.
I don't have any source to buy, my blade bought in China.
Lucky you

Then if you can post images or snapshots of your blade from all sides mainly where they write the number or code on the handle, please please please, so i know what i should look at maybe.

And did you test another Long 5 blades to compare such as a regular Long 5 or Long 5X? I mean how can i know that this W968 is superior to all other long 5 commercial not W968 without someone compared them all or some.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
1000004813.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
Base on my English, I can't explain that much, I have hl5,hl5x, w968 just give you more confident on landing the ball to table. and the blade it's well balanced , the other 2 I have very head heavy, w968 you gotta try it and play it to feel why the blade worth that much. other details I limited in English to explain.

This user has no status.
Base on my English, I can't explain that much, I have hl5,hl5x, w968 just give you more confident on landing the ball to table. and the blade it's well balanced , the other 2 I have very head heavy, w968 you gotta try it and play it to feel why the blade worth that much. other details I limited in English to explain.

If you have hl5 and hl5x and w968 and you came up with this conclusion, then i have to trust you.

Thank you very much for the image also, so clear, i appreciate it a lot :giggle::)(y)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
What do you mean by # and not letter? # of what and letter of what?

Unfortunately, i don't have anyone to select for me, unless i decide one day to travel to China for vacation and try to find someone and buy it from them directly.
Letter version is the provincial version.

Honestly, DHS's naming schemes are so confusing that it's really hard to make a recommendation. But if you want to be safe in terms of getting the W968 experience then get either the letters/provincial version or the numbers/national/official version.

My suspicion is that with the 3rd edition of the HL5 commercial (2022 onward) most people probably can't feel that much difference in any of the HL5s except those that use different veneers (like the ebony one). There used to be a big difference between the fibers used in the W968 and the regular HL5 (1st edition 2014-2016, 2nd edition 2016-2022), but not anymore.

See this link if you want an in depth look at the 2022 HL5 commercial, and how drastically different it is compared to the 1st and 2nd editions. If you want the tldr version, the new one uses the same weave as the W968, resulting in a softer feel and is much stiffer and a good bit faster. If you look at my review of the 968 which was written before this article was published, that was exactly my impression as well.

Post in thread 'DHS W968 review' https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/topics/dhs-w968-review.28693/post-393770

If you look at my first impression, I felt a softer touch, but feels stiffer on both BH and FH, making FH particularly harder to control. Back then I thought I'd just adjust to it, but it's been a while now and my FH is still harder to control than with the old HL5 due to the less dwell so I think that's just gonna be a trade off.

Last edited: