What's the most random point you have ever scored?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Just the other day I won the most unusual point. I completely mishit the ball off of my hand, the ball hit the net post and then landed on the opponent's table going sideways off the other side of the table. It took me a moment to gather myself and realize that it actually should count as my point.

What kind of unusual points have you won?

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Most random point won.
opponent had pushed me back, he played a smash, I mis hit a counter drive, ball came off the top edge and launched into the air, opponent turned away from the table, thinking they had won the point!!
ball went up to just under roof level, sports centre hall, so maybe 8 to 10m!!
ball came down on their side of the table, couple of spectators shouted warning to him, but it was too late!!

Most random point lost.
This time I played the smash, ball was just going past opponent, who had turned his back to the table, whilst running backwards, he just lashed out attempting to hit the ball, caught the top edge of his bat, he was still moving back under his own momentum, not even looking at the table. Ball came back in a high loop moving all over the place, loads of spin on it. I was ready waiting, it landed a bounced directly to my right and back towards the net. Complete air shot performed perfectly by myself!!!!

This user has no status.
Most random point won.
opponent had pushed me back, he played a smash, I mis hit a counter drive, ball came off the top edge and launched into the air, opponent turned away from the table, thinking they had won the point!!
ball went up to just under roof level, sports centre hall, so maybe 8 to 10m!!
ball came down on their side of the table, couple of spectators shouted warning to him, but it was too late!!

Interesting rule in table tennis but if this ball went above the height of the stadium lights then that is not your point but your opponents.

This user has no status.
In my answer to the question I've won a few weird points over the years but this was most recent, however I lost this point.
It was a loop-to-loop rally going back and forth for quite a few shots, full spin and speed and everything then my opponent managed to pull of an almost exact replica of the shot in the video below, i tried to push it back but it had absolutely stupid amounts of spin and kicked sideways off my rubber.

This user has no status.
2 parts, when my opponent tried to serve on the backhand, but just before he hit it switched to forehand, and the ball just went straight to my side. I was laughing for a minute straight😂.

Then after that, as a joke, I copied the serve but it hit both sides but it was a really weak slow, serve. I thought my opponent was going to smash it past me, but he missed it😂.