When to change rubber sheet?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 3 reviews
It really depends on your preferences, there are even people who likes playing worn out rubbers more than a fresh ones and those who can use single sheet for years
Signs might be different: it becomes too soft, or too hard or not tacky, or produces less spin, or becomes inconsistent, or is badly damaged by hitting table or wall.
For most of my rubbers it was feeling that they become too soft and giving pillow-like feeling. But with k3 I use now it is a little bit differnt: some sheets might become too soft, some too hard, and some not consistently tacky/spinny (have no idea how it is possible and why they behave in a different way). I replace rubber with a new one as soon as I get 2-3 training with feel that I don't like in a row.

Reactions: ericd937 and enj
It really depends on the rubber. Some models lose top sheet grip after awhile, some loose the power in the sponge, some rubbers get holes in the top sheet. There is no hard rule that you should change it at X point. Some rubbers suck so bad that I've thrown them away after one session. Even within the same model it varies. I've had Tenergy 80 sheets that have lasted 6 or 7 months, but other sheets of the same rubber were dead after 2-3 months.

Reactions: SrSTT and enj
It really depends on your preferences, there are even people who likes playing worn out rubbers more than a fresh ones and those who can use single sheet for years
Signs might be different: it becomes too soft, or too hard or not tacky, or produces less spin, or becomes inconsistent, or is badly damaged by hitting table or wall.
For most of my rubbers it was feeling that they become too soft and giving pillow-like feeling. But with k3 I use now it is a little bit differnt: some sheets might become too soft, some too hard, and some not consistently tacky/spinny (have no idea how it is possible and why they behave in a different way). I replace rubber with a new one as soon as I get 2-3 training with feel that I don't like in a row.
Wow. How did you hit a wall with your rubber? I've never done that.

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
I am sure it has been discussed before. Just wondering what it is the sign or the time to change your rubber?
Thanks.
1. During 1.1, 2.2, 3.3 etc etc during these days when there is crazy sales in Shopee and Lazada
2. You won Bob, John or Mary.
3. You lost to Bob, John or Mary.
4. If you are in Asia like me, then when you won Lee, Wong or Chen.
5. If you are in Asia like me, then when you lost to Lee, Wong or Chen.
The above are the five occasion when one changes rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 3 reviews
Wow. How did you hit a wall with your rubber? I've never done that.
Those things were performed by trained professionals, don't try this at home :)
Most of the halls I played in were rather small. One was like 1.5 meters behind you and when you try to counterloop or attack long balls with a big swing you have a chance to hit a wall behind you. Or when someone smashes a ball, it goes high and sometimes the best chance you have to return it, is standing close to the wall, with your hand going above your head as close to the wall as possible, it also possible to hit a wall a little bit.
Another problem of a small hall is that often owner tries to put as much tables as possible into it. This results that two tables are close to the walls. One with its left side and another one with a right side. And when you have nice FH and poor BH and have energy to cover most of the table with FH, sooner or later you might try to hit powerful FH from a BH side. And if your table is close to the wall on a BH side, your racket hits a wall
Another hall had huge columns between tables, situation is similar, moving to the BH corner and trying to hit FH loop there on a wide ball, and you have a chance to meet a column there, if you are not really used to this kind of hall composition.