Should I boost my Dignics09C ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2014
hi everyone :)
I play with D09c in forehand on a boll ALC blade and was wondering if it was a good idea to boost it for it to feel a little softer and therefore easier to generate power with ? and if so, how many layers should I use ? I would like it not to be like CRAZY FAST, but also not to have to do it regularly, just when i change to a new one.
thanks guys !

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Usually no need for a new sheet. But for a used one, one thin layer of Falcon Long makes it lively again. But two layers might make it too soft. D05 actually reacts better to Falcon Long than D09C in my experience.

Reactions: Dr Evil
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
I use one very thin lay of seamoon on. 6 months old one, after the booster dried and wait about another day 30 hours, work fine, not as new but bouncer , the top sheet can't be as good as new, but crap the ball better than the new one. Lesser spin also.

Reactions: Jslick89
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
hi everyone :)
I play with D09c in forehand on a boll ALC blade and was wondering if it was a good idea to boost it for it to feel a little softer and therefore easier to generate power with ? and if so, how many layers should I use ? I would like it not to be like CRAZY FAST, but also not to have to do it regularly, just when i change to a new one.
thanks guys !
In my few experiments with old sheets of 09c, Falco softens the sponge a little but doesn't add much bounce. Haifu adds bounce (for about a week and then it fades) but can easily soften too much. I think a single layer of Falco has the best chance of doing what you want. Could also try a different rubber. K3 is a little softer with easier access to power. Not as much top end spin and speed but everything's a trade off. Or Dignics 05 which has as much grip as many hybrids, is faster than 09c (trade off is slightly less spin), and unlike 09c and every other hybrid I've tried lasts a long time.

Reactions: lulu
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
In my few experiments with old sheets of 09c, Falco softens the sponge a little but doesn't add much bounce. Haifu adds bounce (for about a week and then it fades) but can easily soften too much. I think a single layer of Falco has the best chance of doing what you want. Could also try a different rubber. K3 is a little softer with easier access to power. Not as much top end spin and speed but everything's a trade off. Or Dignics 05 which has as much grip as many hybrids, is faster than 09c (trade off is slightly less spin), and unlike 09c and every other hybrid I've tried lasts a long time.
Hello. I don´t want to hijack this thread, but also do not want to create a new one to spam the wall. Could you please write here, on in PM, how does the K3 behave after boosting please?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Hello. I don´t want to hijack this thread, but also do not want to create a new one to spam the wall. Could you please write here, on in PM, how does the K3 behave after boosting please?
Haven't tried K3, but I am currently boosting ZGX.

I also previously boosted C53, which should be very similar to K3. C53 had a nice improvement with booster, adds a bit more kick.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2014
hi, thanks for the replies guys, so to sum it i should be careful and use one thin layer of falco tempo long on the D09C right ? i also use quite thick old VOC glue (been used to it since i was a kid), last time i glued i put way too much of that same glue and i think it destroyed the rubber on the long term, but i remember the feeling of "boost" it gave me for 1-2 weeks was AMAZING, so that's why i kinda wanted to recreate this effect without the downsides of it, never boosted before but i thought less glue and a bit of falco tempo long might do the trick then i guess ?

Reactions: Chang and Wrighty67
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
About K3, I don't suggest you boost the old sheet, even tho I only have one of the K3, and broke after like 2 months. New one very good, after about a month I boost it cause the tension lose too much, after boosted like a week, the K 3 bubble up. I use seemoon for boosting.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
About K3, I don't suggest you boost the old sheet, even tho I only have one of the K3, and broke after like 2 months. New one very good, after about a month I boost it cause the tension lose too much, after boosted like a week, the K 3 bubble up. I use seemoon for boosting.
Only use Falcon to use ESN or Japan rubbers. Seamoon or Haifu is a bit too much.

says Feeling blue
says Feeling blue
Sep 2023
I tried on an old sheet K3 (pretty dead, ball slip occur frequently). And it's become playable again, grip the ball much better (not as new but so much better than old state), softer so play easier. But I thought I'm playing a pure ESN rubber not hybrid but it grip the ball better than ESN, just so. Don't ask me about how long it lasts, tbh I used that sheet 2 more months and let it rest from then. I use Kai-Lin

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
hi, thanks for the replies guys, so to sum it i should be careful and use one thin layer of falco tempo long on the D09C right ? i also use quite thick old VOC glue (been used to it since i was a kid), last time i glued i put way too much of that same glue and i think it destroyed the rubber on the long term, but i remember the feeling of "boost" it gave me for 1-2 weeks was AMAZING, so that's why i kinda wanted to recreate this effect without the downsides of it, never boosted before but i thought less glue and a bit of falco tempo long might do the trick then i guess ?
I can't tell anything with D09C, but my experience with boosting one layer of FTL on Tenergy 05 1,9 was a miracle. It has a better feeling for a ball, not so rigid, thus a softer feel.

Regarding K3, I´ve been using it for a month and a half, and it is really good rubber. It grips the ball well, it has no uncontrollable catapult, very safe in hard balls. The only missing thing coming from T05 is the somehow lively touch when hitting the ball.

I tried D09C on Timo Boll Spirit a few times. Still didn´t find it to my liking. Feel like it is harder to relax with the ball like on K3. It has been said, that it has a softer top sheet and is easier to play. That is why I chose K3. And the topsheet is indeed soft.

Reactions: kindof99 and lulu
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
Без названия (6).png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: lulu