Where to buy Omega VII pro?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2013
To be frank, technically it was not possible.
You have to remember that technology of tensor rubber is combination of topsheet & sponge.
It was very hard for us to maintain tensor rubber while making it thinner than 1.8.

Currently we've developed 1.5mm thickness, and applied it to Vega Intro for the first time.
Still, we don't have plan to launch 1.5mm thickness rubbers other than Vega Intro. Sorry for that. :(

I understand, thanks for your thorough reply.

I should give the rubber a try. How would you compare the speed to Vega Pro or a classic rubber like Mark?

And do rubbers from the same series carry the same sponge or topsheet?

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
I'm getting confused with the "Asia" designation. Afaik Asia is the hardest rubber in some xiom lines, but is between euro and pro in other lines - like the Vega, and now O7? What's going on with that?
WTTC.

The general trend goes like this: Tour ≅ Pro ≅ Asia > Euro > Elite, but there is a handful of exception. I'll be surprised if your head doesn't start spinning after going through the table below.

uoK5GR2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: thomas.pong
Jan 2018
If you find that table too perplexing, I have something slighlty more consumer-friendly.

Meet the Xiom tree.

cache.php

Same as the rubbers table, that poster was provided by TSP(technically Victas now), the official distributor for Xiom in Japan.

My interpretation:
Pro is spin-oriented;
Asia is speed-oriented;
Tour is best of both worlds;
Euro/Elite is control-oriented.

Omega is flagship;
Sigma ought to be the mid-range but looks abandoned now;
Vega is budget.

If that is not convincing enough, from the editors of Table Tennis Kingdom:

初中級者に圧倒的な支持を得ているXIOM(エクシオン)の『ヴェガシリーズ』。高い性能を持ちながら、低価格というコストパフォーマンスの高さが人気の理由だ。
[Vega's popularity among beginner and intermediate players is due to its high price-performance ratio.]

中上級者向けの『オメガ』シリーズ、初中級者向けの『ヴェガ』シリーズがヒットを続け、ドイツ製ラバーを牽引しているブランド・XIOM( エクシオン)。
 そのXIOM が『オメガ』シリーズの最上級ラインとして開発に着手し、これまでにない新たな研究方法と製造工程を経て誕生したのが『オメガ7』だ。シリーズとして4 種類のラバーを予定している『オメガ7』だが、全てがコンプリートするのは来年7 月。
[Xiom, a brand driven by German-made rubbers - Omega series for intermediate and expert players and Vega series for beginner and intermediate players. Development began for the Omega series as Xiom's top-of-the-line. Through a brand-new R&D method and manufacturing process, the Omega 7 was born. 4 types are planned for the Omega 7 series, with all releases due by next July.]

Xiom's reluctance to clarify the positioning of the 3 classes brings immense confusion. But hey, one could argue that's their merit - Xiom = mess, which is a self-evident truth, the very definition of axiom. Tada! Brand recognition in an instant.

Last edited:
I'm getting confused with the "Asia" designation. Afaik Asia is the hardest rubber in some xiom lines, but is between euro and pro in other lines - like the Vega, and now O7? What's going on with that?

I'm getting confused too!
Asia is my main rubber, Tour is my choise for some particular practicing, but the philosophy of the new line is strange.
I started to get confused when reading the reviews of Omega VII Pro, because a lot of things are appropriate to OV Asia, and not for OV Pro.
Now I wonder should I step from Asia 5 to Pro 7 and from Tour 5 to Asia 7?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
The price is a concern. We've always been overcharged in the UK IMO, and the pound has tanked in recent years for obvious reasons. The stores are small, local places mostly run by individuals or families. They don't move enough units to reduce prices through volume.

But O7 looks expensive everywhere - tt-japan has Omega 5 for £27, Omega VII for £36. A big jump in relative terms.

They are excellent rubbers, but I'm not sure I can accept the price.

You think I should make a stash of Vega Pro's?

I don't think the price of Vega Pro will rise. But who knows.
Our regional Xiom store rose the price of Xiom Vega Tour blade after ZXIII was in stock. Here now ZXIII is cheaper than Vega Tour.

Reactions: Herbert
Jan 2018
Hey, that's what flagship means. The R&D of Omega VII made use of CAD with AI. You read that right - AI. You see, AI is more important than fire and electricity.

The bottom line? It costs money, but money well-spent. Money spent on something the AI knows that even you don't about yourself.

Jan 2018
Xiom: This is actually company secret, so it is bit difficult for me to answer.
Interpretation: I will leave that to your imagination.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
The price is a concern. We've always been overcharged in the UK IMO, and the pound has tanked in recent years for obvious reasons. The stores are small, local places mostly run by individuals or families. They don't move enough units to reduce prices through volume.

But O7 looks expensive everywhere - tt-japan has Omega 5 for £27, Omega VII for £36. A big jump in relative terms.

They are excellent rubbers, but I'm not sure I can accept the price.

Well, even Xiom aren't bold enough to claim Omega VII is, what, 20-25% faster/spinnier/whatever than Omega V or even Vega Pro. So I don't really know why anyone who is not a bored/desperate EJ would even bother.

Reactions: AndySmith
Jan 2018
One will see a 32.5581395%(precision matters) improvement in control with OVII Tour(10.0) over the OV Tour DF(7.2).

("Control of what?" shouted Baal in the background.)

Number-wise, even the Vega Tour blows the OV Tour DF out of the water, and for less.

One will see a 32.5581395%(precision matters) improvement in control with OVII Tour(10.0) over the OV Tour DF(7.2).

("Control of what?" shouted Baal in the background.)

Number-wise, even the Vega Tour blows the OV Tour DF out of the water, and for less.

I had a thread "How rubbers control should be read"

https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/fo...-How-rubbers-quot-Control-quot-should-be-read

which was provoked exactly by the Control of Omega V Tour.

The discussion may be endless without eventual agreement.

My enterpretation is that generally, especially for the main streem rubbers, Control has to be read as ease of use.

But regarding rubbers, designed for "touring" pros, as Omega Tour is, Control has a meaning of "very precise behaviour if driven with needed expertise".

A "forgiving" rubber can not be preciseq it will just forgive.