Which is the best blade for a backhand dominante player?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Now I'm using viscaria but I want to use chinese rubbers on the forehand with tenergy 64 in the backhand
Dhs w 968 5
Dhs 906
Dhs n301
Dhs 656
Dhs k161
I'm a backhand dominante player but I have a powerful forehand with a lot of spin with long swing but I like to block with the backhand sometimes with some punch block I do much spin in the backhand top spin

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Now I'm using viscaria but I want to use chinese rubbers on the forehand with tenergy 64 in the backhand
Dhs w 968 5
Dhs 906
Dhs n301
Dhs 656
Dhs k161
I'm a backhand dominante player but I have a powerful forehand with a lot of spin with long swing but I like to block with the backhand sometimes with some punch block I do much spin in the backhand top spin

ZJK used Viscaria with H3 on FH and T64 on BH. Why would you think there is a better combination than that? BTW: FZD uses almost the same setup.

What is your level?

The real issue is actually: WHAT IS THE BEST COMBINATION FOR YOU.

Some players have a touch that goes better with a blade with a Koto top ply. Some, a Limba top ply. Some, a Hinoki top ply.

And any of those could be good for a BH oriented player or a FH oriented player. So, I think you are actually oversimplifying things.

To really find what works for you you have to try a lot of different setups and over time, you get to know which ones were good for you.

A way to do that is to ask clubmates to try their rackets. After you have tried 100s. You will start having a better idea of what kinds of things work for you. A hint about this, there will be a range of things that do work for you and a range of things that don't. Another piece of info: sometimes things that feel great when rallying and training are terrible for playing matches. Sometimes setups that help you win more matches feel bland and middle of the road.

Do you have any video footage of you playing? That would actually help people recommend things that may actually be good for you.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
So, I think you are actually oversimplifying things.

I see these questions more and more.

What is the best forehand rubber?
Which blade for bluefire M1?
etc.

Yes, some combinations work better than others - but would they work better in any player´s hands?

You can´t set up a table tennis racket the way an algorithm might, you need to feel it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
No but in my forehand I use tenergy 05 but I when I do topspin sometimes go out of the table I like use much of my legs but the ball go with a high arc and I feel that I can't use all my power because the ball go out of the table I think that the arc is too high for me and I feel that I can't produce the spin that I want with much speed with a low arc so I think use hurricane 3 more spin more control low arc.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
No but in my forehand I use tenergy 05 but I when I do topspin sometimes go out of the table I like use much of my legs but the ball go with a high arc and I feel that I can't use all my power because the ball go out of the table I think that the arc is too high for me and I feel that I can't produce the spin that I want with much speed with a low arc so I think use hurricane 3 more spin more control low arc.

If you can't get enough spin with T05 it is your technique and you need to learn how to spin. If you hit the ball out it is your technique and you need to learn how to spin.

But you also may want slower equipment. Try a Xiom Offensive S or a Primorac Off- blade. Either. Those blades will help you learn how to spin better.

Lower arc makes it harder to hit the table not easier.

Have you ever tried H3? Talking in theory a rubber can sound good. But if you have never tried it, you don't know what it is. And H3 does not necessarily get more or less spin than T05, but it does demand completely different technique than T05.

If you change to H3 it could take you months to feel out how to use it.

And, with good technique, nothing really gets more spin than T05. So, I kind of reject your premise. It actually just sounds like you are using a blade that is too hard and too fast for you.

Show us some video of you playing so we can see what you are actually doing.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
Do you have any problems with controlling your blade now?

cache.php

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
It is impossible to answer questions like this. I can make a suggestion but it would be meaningless without seeing you play, or better yet playing with you. That is just reality.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
If you can't get enough spin with T05 it is your technique and you need to learn how to spin. If you hit the ball out it is your technique and you need to learn how to spin.

But you also may want slower equipment. Try a Xiom Offensive S or a Primorac Off- blade. Either. Those blades will help you learn how to spin better.

Lower arc makes it harder to hit the table not easier.

Have you ever tried H3? Talking in theory a rubber can sound good. But if you have never tried it, you don't know what it is. And H3 does not necessarily get more or less spin than T05, but it does demand completely different technique than T05.

If you change to H3 it could take you months to feel out how to use it.

And, with good technique, nothing really gets more spin than T05. So, I kind of reject your premise. It actually just sounds like you are using a blade that is too hard and too fast for you.

Show us some video of you playing so we can see what you are actually doing.

I used both T05 & H3 min. provincial & boosted, both used correctly produces the same spin, only change is the arc high or low. Of course I like it more the low arc.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Do you have any problems with controlling your blade now?

Yeah. It is interesting to hear someone say they don't have trouble controlling their equipment in one sentence. And then in the next talk about hitting the ball long which is exactly what happens when your equipment is too fast for you.

Tenergy is pretty fast also. So you many need slower blade and rubbers.

But, as has been said, we really cannot tell much without seeing you play.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I used both T05 & H3 min. provincial & boosted, both used correctly produces the same spin, only change is the arc high or low. Of course I like it more the low arc.

Why do you like low arc better and why do you say this is an "of course" type of situation as though everyone would like low arc better?

High arc makes it easier to hit the other side of the table because the ball ARCS more so it arcs down onto the table. High arc also makes it easier to open against heavy backspin. Higher arc also allows you to get bigger angles on your shots because you can arc the ball to land closer to the net which allows you to go much wider on angled shots.

Low arc makes an attack more lethal if you hit the table. But it takes a higher level of technique. And it limits your placement to some extent: harder to get bigger angles, harder to get a bigger arc when you need one. A skilled player can still do these things. But.....what is the level of the player.

Depending on your game and your level either can help you win more points. Either can cause you to lose more points.

But neither is an "of course I like this one better."

And it would be more useful for you guys to try and understand how different equipment will effect your game rather than thinking there is a silver bullet that will fix your game and make you better. There is always a tradeoff with different equipment. A harder top ply is faster, more crisp and, in the hand of a player with very precise contact and excellent technique you can get massive spin and speed. For a player whose technique is at an average club player level, a harder top ply will make it harder to spin the ball. A softer top ply won't be as crisp but for a player whose technique is that of an average club player, the softer top ply will help him spin better. The expense will be a small loss of speed. But, at that level, developing the technique to spin better is what is more important.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
Why do you like low arc better and why do you say this is an "of course" type of situation as though everyone would like low arc better?

High arc makes it easier to hit the other side of the table because the ball ARCS more so it arcs down onto the table. High arc also makes it easier to open against heavy backspin. Higher arc also allows you to get bigger angles on your shots because you can arc the ball to land closer to the net which allows you to go much wider on angled shots.

Low arc makes an attack more lethal if you hit the table. But it takes a higher level of shot. And it limits your placement to some extent: harder to get bigger angles, harder to get a bigger arc when you need one. A skilled player can still do these things. But.....

Depending on your game and your level either can help you win more points. Either can cause you to lose more points.

But neither is an "of course I like this one better."

Some situations require a high arc like returning a strong back spin.

High arc can be smashed or returned with strong fast top spin.

High arc isn't to safe like low arc, see the OP claming the balls go out the table.

High arc isn't accurate location returns.

High arc equal more time to your opponent to decide the best stroke for him.

If you want can continue...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018

High arc isn't to safe like low arc, see the OP claming the balls go out the table.

cache.php

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

See lately how plays Timo Boll, his arc as lowered a lot of & now plays more direct & with more power.

You are talking about something that has more to do with shot selection. But with a rubber that allows you to create a high arc, YOU ARE LESS LIKELY TO MISS LONG. If you miss long you did not ARC the ball enough.

This is silly. You are confusing technique with equipment. I can hit a ball with a low trajectory with a rubber that allows me to create a high arc. I can hit a ball with an arc with a rubber that has a lower overall trajectory.

If someone is hitting long, it is not because the rubber has too high an arc. It is because they are not spinning or controlling the ball well.

And I am sorry, I can put the ball on the white paint at the corner of the table with a rubber that has a high or a low arc. A high arc does not make you have less control of where you place the ball. That is technique. With solid technique you can place the ball where you want. Without it, you cannot.

And if someone is missing long, it is usually that there equipment is too fast and too hard for them. Lower arc rubbers require high skill to use. If you are hitting long and change to a rubber that demands better technique when you don't have it, you are going in the wrong direction.

If you are hitting long you want to slow your equipment down. Which is what 95% of mid-level players need to do anyway.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
Technique & equipment are related, if you use a high arc rubber technically will be more difficult to make low arc, impossible no, difficult yes & v.v.

I'm not confusing technique with equipment I prefer low arc because is more dangerous because is more fast and direct like the high arc and don't give less time to the opponent to make his stroke.

I'm arguing why, all is a sum of things, not all is the player or the equipment, both have pros & cons. It's a matter of look for the best equipment for you kind of game. Like engineering we must seek the best compromise according the way everyone plays the game.